Analytics firm spots 50 suspected Apple tablets running iPhone OS 3.2

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 132
    motleemotlee Posts: 122member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Absolutely. Ireland will likely cream himself* but that device a MagSafe, Mini-DVI, Ethernet and Mac OS X, to name a few of the problems it has going for it.

* I?m just kidding, Ireland.

I was certain I had seen all of these renderings till this one.
  • Reply 122 of 132
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Motlee View Post

I was certain I had seen all of these renderings till this one.

Oops, I mean to write ?absolutely fake? not to reply that I?d absolutely seen it before, which I hadn?t, which seems odd to me since it seems it must have been created back when mini-DVI was in fashion.
  • Reply 123 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

I have to disagree strongly that Macs are affordable computers.

3.3 Million people in the last 3 months would disagree with you.
  • Reply 124 of 132
    motleemotlee Posts: 122member

Over the last several months we have seen all kinds of rumors about this i(insert likable tablet name).

As far as I can tell most of these rumor reporters and their inside sources are under the impression that this is going to be the last new product from Apple.

I, for one will be looking back upon these rumors and who reported them for the next iAppleProduct and seeing how far off they really were (Kevin "iPhone will be available across all providers" Rose).

Short-term gain does not equal long-term value.
  • Reply 125 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by quinney View Post

And the fact that it doesn't have ______________, ______________, and _______________ will cause the usual suspects to complain loudly.

Of course if the price was ______________ and not ______________ they would sell at least ______________ more apparently.
  • Reply 127 of 132
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member

I think those have generally been acknowledged to be blue screen + motion tracking, so the animations could be timed to the touches after the fact.

Nicely done, though.
  • Reply 128 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I think those have generally been acknowledged to be blue screen + motion tracking, so the animations could be timed to the touches after the fact.

Nicely done, though.

I was trying to figure out if it's the same guy in both videos. Any idea what software that is, or is it all just faked video? If it's faked, they sure put a lot of work into it. Some of the effects seemed to have that apple touch, but the contents of the drawer didn't really look like anything Apple would do - a bunch of little lists/tables that graphically aren't distinguishable.

at a minimum, it's a good concept video for those who think it has to run MacOS to be useful. MacOS scaled down to a 10" screen with no mouse/keyboard wouldn't be any better than the Windows based tablets or netbooks. I expect Apple to innovate and come up with something better than that.
  • Reply 129 of 132
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alandail View Post

at a minimum, it's a good concept video for those who think it has to run MacOS to be useful. MacOS scaled down to a 10" screen with no mouse/keyboard wouldn't be any better than the Windows based tablets or netbooks. I expect Apple to innovate and come up with something better than that.

Except it's still content consumption and not content creation...iLife I expect to work reasonably well in touch mode. iWork, not so much without a keyboard. Even a crappy netbook keyboard.
  • Reply 130 of 132
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Obvious Guy says: it’s common knowledge that lowering prices increases sales potential. You implied that the sales weren’t increasing prior to the price drop despite almost constant, continued record YoY quarters in unit, revenue and profit.

Sorry if I implied that without actually saying it, because I didn't mean that.

Quote:

3.3 Million people in the last 3 months would disagree with you.

I'm very happy with year over year grow, and my stock price, but I have every right to express my opinion; that price is what stands in the way of greater Mac sales, and the iPhone is proof of that. Many more people want Apple products than can afford them. It's reality.

And with you it just comes back to, "if you want it that bad, save your money."

That is so arrogant it defies description. I'm not even saying that Apple should lower their prices, in fact, I'd prefer they didn't until it becomes necessary. But that time may come. Again. Like it did last year.

It IS possible for us to have a conversation without the ObviousGuy sarcasm. We CAN discuss different viewpoints without you getting all snippy.
  • Reply 131 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

I'm very happy with year over year grow, and my stock price, but I have every right to express my opinion; that price is what stands in the way of greater Mac sales, and the iPhone is proof of that. Many more people want Apple products than can afford them. It's reality.

And with you it just comes back to, "if you want it that bad, save your money."

That is so arrogant it defies description. I'm not even saying that Apple should lower their prices, in fact, I'd prefer they didn't until it becomes necessary. But that time may come. Again. Like it did last year.

What?s arrogant is that you think there is a lower price that would allow everyone to afford a Mac. What is arrogant is that you think everyone needs or wants a Mac. What is arrogant is that you wish to the ruin the company and the brand by increasing unit sales while destroying profit. What is arrogant is that you think you know better than Apple when it comes to running their own company.
  • Reply 132 of 132
    A lot of people actually probably can afford Apple products, but they don't think about money well enough to know that they can. They look at the wallet right now, but a computer is an investment that works over time.

One consideration:

Learning to use the basic apps on a Mac (OS, iLife, iWork), is a breeze. Less time spent (and in some cases money spent) learning to use the machine means more time to play or make money or eat pizza. The iApps get lots of stuff done quickly, saving time and frustration because they resemble each other and work together. No need (at least for now) for virus protection; again: time and money and no headaches or worry. Notice the trend; less time wasted learning to use or fix the computer, less money spent doing the same, less stress. Multiply over a year or two and you likely save money by buying a Mac, and get to eat a lot of pizza.