Unannounced Core i7 Apple MacBook Pro benchmarks surface

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 124
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

They should chop 10-15% off the price at least, a month or two before rolling out updates. You'd think the extra sales revenue would make up for the slight profit margin loss, and build more customer good will.

I agree with that but from their point of view, you would buy at full price no matter what happens. It also means they have to put the price up after a new product comes out, which will disappoint some people. Right now it's a case of getting better spec for the same money when an update comes.

I think the best way to predict the hardware changes is to guess what the update will consist of. For example, Apple can't ship the new Mac Pro before Intel releases updated CPUs. If Apple will use NVidia Optimus, which seems likely given that the 9600M GT + 9400M is no longer possible with Core i5/i7, it means March for definite.

If they do the iPad launch at the same time, they get sales interest from more parties: people who decide they need a full machine not an iPad can get a laptop, people who want an iPad but have a PC and maybe decide on a MBP and people who want the MBP and see the iPad as an accessory item. March 16th seems like a good bet assuming the above is true but it's 4 weeks away unfortunately.
  • Reply 122 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I agree with that but from their point of view, you would buy at full price no matter what happens. It also means they have to put the price up after a new product comes out, which will disappoint some people. Right now it's a case of getting better spec for the same money when an update comes.

I actually don't see any issue with that at all. Give the customer the option of buying the old hardware at the reduced price until inventory is depleted or the new hardware at the full price. We all know Apple like to give the customer the option to customize to their needs. That's why we have several different portable Macs.
  • Reply 123 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

Get ready to amend. Damnit Steve finish tightening those screws on my new MBP!

I am amending my vote to seven days from now.
  • Reply 124 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FoxDavis View Post

I think everyone one here needs to pick a date of when the new MBP's will be released. Closest Wins, wins "Top Know It All" award...haha

I pick Feb. 23

Well, I don't get the know it all award.....damn i wanted to get my MBP today too, guess it's not my day! haha