iPhone OS 3.1.3 sees 14% adoption in 6 days, new hack released

Comments

• Reply 21 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by g3pro View Post

The Great iPhone/iPod/iPad Fragmentation continues . . . .

OK...... now that you've woken up and said the same thing for the 394th time, you can go back to sleep! See you soon with your next Fragmentation post.
  • Reply 22 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TEKSTUD View Post

I missed the multitasking updater.

Oh that's not until June?????

Please go away. And, this time, I hope you will consider not coming back. Ever.

(One can wish, no?).
  • Reply 23 of 65
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Huh?

It's just an update to the same OS.

I believe he thinks different screen sizes, different features (camera, 3G), different performances (3G, 3Gs, iPad) and different OS versions.

Haven't you said something like that regarding Android screen sizes, OS versions..? Back at ya!
  • Reply 24 of 65
    tekstudtekstud Posts: 351member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Please go away. And, this time, I hope you will consider not coming back. Ever.

(One can wish, no?).

Yup- I used to wish for the world's smallest Mac.
  • Reply 25 of 65
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    Did the jailbreak happen a bit faster this time? I'll let the jailbreak to hand out there for a week before I jump on this, but it does not look like a big improvement so I may hold off till 3.1.4.
  • Reply 26 of 65
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    Quote:

The second coming of TEKSTUD means the armage-forum.
  • Reply 27 of 65
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichL View Post

How does one avoid updating?

The process is so easy and painless. I was alerted as soon as I plugged my iPhone in. Is there a large group of people who don't sync their iPhone with their PC?

I have an exchange server and once I filled my iPhone up, I have not seen any good reason to sync. Anyone who doesn't need to sync contacts and calendar has a vastly smaller reason to ever bother syncing.
  • Reply 28 of 65
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

I believe he thinks different screen sizes, different features (camera, 3G), different performances (3G, 3Gs, iPad) and different OS versions.

Haven't you said something like that regarding Android screen sizes, OS versions..? Back at ya!

There is no significant iPhone fragmentation. Which is why you don't actually hear about it.
  • Reply 29 of 65
    Quote:

I have to admit: I do like your self-deprecating sense of humor.

But, c'mon.....
  • Reply 30 of 65
    I updated my iPod Touch last week.

Straight away my search results (driving directions) in maps.google.com won't scroll. I get the first couple of lines after doing my search and no ability to scroll down to the rest of the directions. I don't know how many sites are affected by this, but i'm broken in safari for my most common use, driving directions. I really don't know if this is bad code at google that has fallen out of grace with safari or not, just sharing the pain.

I see others had this problem previous to this update.. but it's new to me.

Other than that one little issue everything has been working fine. Like the article said... minor update.
  • Reply 31 of 65
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

I have an exchange server and once I filled my iPhone up, I have not seen any good reason to sync. Anyone who doesn't need to sync contacts and calendar has a vastly smaller reason to ever bother syncing.

Unfortunately the only way to get podcasts (automatically anyway) is via USB

I *really* hope Apple adds wi-fi sync for v4...
  • Reply 32 of 65
    Quote:

I have to admit: I do like your self-deprecating sense of humor.

But, c'mon.....

Ok- but you can't take me too seriously, you know. BTW-on another topic you'll be please to know I have to admit how really wrong I was about the Magic Mouse but that's another story.

BTW- CNBC has "Planet of the APPs", "Welcome to Macintosh" and ""MacHeads" all on cable tonight. I'm loving it.
  • Reply 33 of 65
    al_bundyal_bundy Posts: 1,525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmgregory1 View Post

My wife is one of those (all too common) people that NEVER plugs her iPhone into her computer. Unless I tell her that an update is available AND plug the thing in myself, she isn't updating.

my wife's 3G is still on 3. she uses maybe 10MB a month and i told her i might just sell her 3G and get her a Touch
  • Reply 34 of 65
    Quote:

I have to admit how really wrong I was about the Magic Mouse ....

Glad to hear that. I think MM is a GREAT product myself. (But what do I know, I love @TV too).

But you might want to consider the possibility that you've pissed off Ireland.
  • Reply 35 of 65
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rwheadon View Post

I updated my iPod Touch last week.

Straight away my search results (driving directions) in maps.google.com won't scroll. I get the first couple of lines after doing my search and no ability to scroll down to the rest of the directions. I don't know how many sites are affected by this, but i'm broken in safari for my most common use, driving directions. I really don't know if this is bad code at google that has fallen out of grace with safari or not, just sharing the pain.

I see others had this problem previous to this update.. but it's new to me.

Other than that one little issue everything has been working fine. Like the article said... minor update.

It's a 0.0.1 bug fix and tweaking update, but that doesn't mean issues can't happen. I'd backup your device then restore it. These problems typically go away with a reinstall, they your noted they aren't common to a specific version.
  • Reply 36 of 65
    Quote:

LOL I was essentially thinking the same thing: one MM hater down, one to go.
  • Reply 37 of 65
    Quote:

Glad to hear that. I think MM is a GREAT product myself. (But what do I know, I love @TV too).

Sshh not too loud! We don't want him ....
  • Reply 38 of 65
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

Unfortunately the only way to get podcasts (automatically anyway) is via USB

I *really* hope Apple adds wi-fi sync for v4...

This is true. And I do listen to a lot of podcasts. I get them one at a time, 13 per day from my show, from the iTunes store on the iPhone.

That doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that to delete a single episode requires three motions - a slide, a tap, and a confirmation. Like the old method for deleting email before they allowed batch deletion. I would REALLY love to know why they won't give podcast listeners that same capability.
  • Reply 39 of 65
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

There is no significant iPhone fragmentation. Which is why you don't actually hear about it.

Honestly, I haven't heard much about Android segmentation either... or, to rephrase it, I've heard more about Android segmentation from you than from everybody else.
  • Reply 40 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

This is true. And I do listen to a lot of podcasts. I get them one at a time, 13 per day from my show, from the iTunes store on the iPhone.

That doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that to delete a single episode requires three motions - a slide, a tap, and a confirmation. Like the old method for deleting email before they allowed batch deletion. I would REALLY love to know why they won't give podcast listeners that same capability.

Probably because emails can be usually be read very quickly. You need a batch deletion for them. I get 500-1500 emails a day (half from AI forums ). I see how this would interest you and I hope they add it, but I'm not sure it's a big deal. I have 70 videos on my iPhone and I was happy just to know I could delete them at all.