Apple limits iPad preorders to two per customer

Comments

• Reply 21 of 151
    The 10W cord is a 3-prong power cord that you swap out the 2-prong plug on one of those boxy looking power adapters (the ones that look like the Airport Express). In fact, you can take the 2-prong plug off of the Express and hook up the 10W power cord to it.

the iPad itself most likely comes with a power adapter much like the iPhone one that hooks up to the iPad via the Dock connector's USB plug. EDIT: or, more likely, like the power adapter that comes with the iPod Video Connection Kit (the one that looks like a tiny Airport Express)

What interests me is the VGA adapter.
  • Reply 22 of 151
    igeniusigenius Posts: 1,240member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacHarborGuy View Post

What interests me is the VGA adapter.

What would interest me is an HDMI output.
  • Reply 23 of 151
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ElmCityWeb View Post

Is this a new announcement just made? I haven't heard anything about a 2 iPad limit.

I bet there are a lot of people that wanted to get more than 2 that are very angry right now. Well...I guess they can't be too angry if they just pre-ordered 2 iPads.

This was expected. It's a brand new, hot item. It wouldn't be fair for product scalpers to extort more money from consumers.

Remember the Dallas woman that paid a kid $800 to take his #1 place in line so she could buy out the store to sell on eBay just to find out she could only buy one.
    PS: I'm reporting iGenius for comments that contribute nothing to the thread, but instead are nothing but attempts at trolling. Instead of replying to his asinine comments I suggest you do the same. Click this » « image under his name. Let's not have a repeat of yesterday. Only you can prevent thread derailings.
  • Reply 24 of 151
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

PS: I'm reporting iGenius for comments that contribute nothing to the thread,

Frivolous complaints can get you banned from this forum.
  • Reply 25 of 151
    "Hurry, hurry, hurry folks. Step right up and get your 9.7" iPod Touch... uhh.. iPad."

No thanks. I will pass. It took them this long to take an iPod Touch and turn it into an (almost) 10" model and give us nothing more than an option to make it a book reader and pay AT&T for data service? No thanks. I love Apple (and my iPod Touch, Mac-Mini, and my Macbook), but this offers me nothing that I need.

Put a camera on it, give me a data service other than AT&T, and let it muli-task and we will talk.
  • Reply 26 of 151
    joelsaltjoelsalt Posts: 827member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Masteric View Post

"Hurry, hurry, hurry folks. Step right up and get your 9.7" iPod Touch... uhh.. iPad."

No thanks. I will pass. It took them this long to take an iPod Touch and turn it into an (almost) 10" model and give us nothing more than an option to make it a book reader and pay AT&T for data service? No thanks. I love Apple (and my iPod Touch, Mac-Mini, and my Macbook), but this offers me nothing that I need.

Put a camera on it, give me a data service other than AT&T, and let it muli-task and we will talk.

OMG my time machine works, its January 26th again!

Seriously though, not the thread for this.

I'm fine with the 2-per-person-limit. Especially if those production rumors are true. Those who want like 12 for their entire family can just have their family order them!
  • Reply 27 of 151
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Posts that make derogatory statements about other posters will continue to be unceremoniously deleted. Waste your time if you wish.
  • Reply 28 of 151
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy View Post

Posts that make derogatory statements about other posters will continue to be unceremoniously deleted. Waste your time if you wish.

Good man; good policy.
  • Reply 29 of 151
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Masteric View Post

I'm not 100% certain about this but I believe with the release of multitasking with the iPhone 4.0 release that will mean it will allow multitasking on the iPad also. As far as the cam and ATT not sure their will be any resolution to that anytime soon.

I was thinking about doing a pre order today but I can wait to try one out first.
  • Reply 30 of 151
    maxmannmaxmann Posts: 85member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iGenius View Post

This reminds me of the times you wait in line for an hour at a nightclub, and then the place is practically empty when you get inside.

had you gone to the nightclub at midnight instead of 9:30 (so you could get in free with the other hapless 500 who couldn't afford the cover).. it would have been packed..
  • Reply 31 of 151
    woohoo!woohoo! Posts: 291member
    I must admit the lust effect for iPad in the iPad Case is wearing down my resistance.

I can just see myself playing alpha geek and showing it off to all my friends.

Is that few minutes of fame and the deluge of stupid Windows support calls that seem to always follow worth the ego trip?

ARRRRHHHGG must fight it.... somebody please help me...
  • Reply 32 of 151
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maxmann View Post

had you gone to the nightclub at midnight instead of 9:30 (so you could get in free with the other hapless 500 who couldn't afford the cover).. it would have been packed..

This accusation is both baseless and insulting.
  • Reply 33 of 151
    molochmoloch Posts: 46member
    Apple is using the 2-iPad limit as a trick to give the impression there is more demand than there is.

For me, I want an iPad, but my higher priority is to get a Macbook Pro. Whether I get an iPad is entirely dependent on if/when Macbook Pros are released and at what price.

I can't buy an iPad until I know whether, in a Recession that is poised to get much worse, I can afford an iPad, and that depends on what the MBP prices and features will be.
  • Reply 34 of 151
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Woohoo! View Post

I must admit the lust effect for iPad in the iPad Case is wearing down my resistance.

Is that few minutes of fame and the deluge of stupid Windows support calls that seem to always follow worth the ego trip?

ARRRRHHHGG must fight it.... somebody please help me...

Just wait for version 2.0. Just think how much happier you will be with more features and the price drop that will come after the early adopters get theirs.
  • Reply 35 of 151
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple on Friday began accepting preorders for its multimedia iPad -- both the Wi-Fi and 3G models -- with reservations limited to two per customer and free hardware delivery on the April 3 launch date. ...

In the f*cking US f*cking A only.

Something like 40% of their sales are outside of the USA now and still they pull this crap. Obviously living 20 minutes from the US border in an exotic place like Canada makes me some kind of fancy foreigner.

Apple being an asshole about this is bad enough AppleInsider could at least put "in the USA" after the title or mention somewhere in the article that all you they talking about is the USA.

Here is the much more succinct and more accurate version from MacNN:

"As promised, iPad pre-orders have begun at the Apple Store. The campaign lets US customers pre-order the Wi-Fi and 3G versions of the tablet for online shipments. It also lets customers reserve a unit at a retail store in the country."
  • Reply 36 of 151
    Quote:

The iPad is not designed for geeks.
  • Reply 37 of 151
    jousterjouster Posts: 460member
    Quote:

This accusation is both baseless and insulting.

Maybe, but the original analogy was meaningless.

Quote:

The iPad is not designed for geeks.

lol, true: but they sure are going to want to look at one!
  • Reply 38 of 151
    andyappleandyapple Posts: 152member
    Quote:

I'm already figuring ways to fashion a snap-on strap for the case so it can double as a shoulder bag. Glad I held on my industrial Singer sewing machine!
  • Reply 39 of 151
    adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member
    I'm sorry I seem to be lost is there a non-troll version of this thread somewhere, you know a thread for people that actually plan / planned on ordering one?

Oh well I reserved a 16 gig version to play with and wait for V2 to get the high end model
  • Reply 40 of 151
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jouster View Post

Maybe, but the original analogy was meaningless.

Here's what it meant: The use of artificial scarcity is a common technique to pique consumer interest.

From now on, I'll try to make my statements simple and easy enough for Apple's target demographic to understand.