Confident HTC says no plans to back down from Apple lawsuit

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 104
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theobold View Post

This reminds me of some infringement cases before such as the LG Prada phone. It became another reality, just like many mobile inventions, long before the Iphone. So L.G. Sued.

Nothing will happen to HTC about the multi-touch. LG lost that battle almost two years ago, because the technology was not created by EITHER of them.

What I mentioned above is why LG lost the lawsuit against Apple for the Prada ...

What.... is all this rubbish?
  • Reply 102 of 104
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theobold View Post

What I mentioned above is why LG lost the lawsuit against Apple for the Prada about Apple was saying that was a technology they created. Well it wasn't

Just to be clear, you're arguing that 1) touchscreens in some fashion have existed since the 1060s that any new touch technologies can't be defended, and 2) the FingerWorks company Apple bought specifically for their capacitance multi-touch technology was a foolish purchase?
  • Reply 103 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Moloch View Post

Apple is like the rich man who lives at the top of a hill.

But instead of being noble and kind, he keeps sending his attack dogs to maul anyone who tries to come up to greet him.

Apple is more like the guy living halfway up the hill, who daily looks up that hill and sees the palatial mansion built by the business partner that betrayed him twenty years ago.

Microsoft owns that palace.

And Apple won't make the mistake of letting history repeat itself.

Want to innovate? Fine. Just don't copy Apple.

They're not a charity. They're a business.
  • Reply 104 of 104
    daveswdavesw Posts: 406member
    this is just business.