Valleywag details iPhone feud between Steve Jobs and Google CEO

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 82
    asianbobasianbob Posts: 797member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gber View Post

Apple will continue to dominate Google by building better hardware , operating systems and delivery platforms.

Kind of like the HTC Evo 4G? It's got everything that all the Apple fans have been speculating for years that would appear on the next iteration of the iPhone. The one that comes to mind is that front-facing camera. How many times has that shown up on concept models/pictures/sketches, but failed to materialize come June/July?

And granted 4G is limited right now, but it's an emerging technology and that has to be taken into account. Either way, from all the reports I've been reading, the HTC Evo network speeds are fast. Very fast.

Quote:

Apple could always build its own search engine that far exceeds Google or Bing.

As Jetz said, that would be a highly difficult effort on Apple's part. Google has already indexed a massive (and I mean massive) amount of the internet's data and continues to index more. Google probably has patents on the algorithems it uses to efficiently index all that information on their servers. Apple (as far as I know) has indexed nothing and would have to come up with their own algorithems, lest they want to get sued by Google for patent infringement (ironic, no?).

Quote:

In my opinion, Google is on the decline and Apple is the rising star.

Actually, all data points to Google being a "rising star" as well. No one provides anything close to the services Google offers (for free mostly) and Android shows no signs of decline.

There's even a freaking Android car in production! How's that for adoption?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/18/a...-line-we-rese/

Next thing you know, your toaster will have Android imbedded in it to make whatever image you want on the toast while it's cooking.
  • Reply 82 of 82
    motleemotlee Posts: 122member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AsianBob View Post

Kind of like the HTC Evo 4G?

I know all of the Android folks are going batty for this phone, but in all actuality, its a Nexus One with a bigger display, marginally better onboard storage (1gig, ) and a better camera +1. All the other specs are identical.

All that is being said about the EVO 4G are the same things being said about the Palm Pre,(it multi-tasks, etc..) and we all know what a rousing success it has been.

When Apple introduced the iPad, it was touted as a big iPod touch.

HTC introduces the EVO and its... "revolutionary?"

4G is a bonus, but it has extremely limited availability, and when it comes down to brass tacks, its still Sprint.