First sanctioned iPad reviews speak favorably of new device

14567810»

Comments

• Reply 181 of 186
    aaarrrggghaaarrrgggh Posts: 1,609member
    I for one actually appreciated SpotOn's initial comment. The only way you make an informed decision is to get a critical review.

Also, I hadn't thought of the ceiling-mounted bungee cord; I was going more in the direction of material-handling suction cups for myself.

I also look forward to resurrecting my old folding Bluetooth keyboard for my Nokia 770 so I can actually use it as a laptop replacement when on the road. My only regret is there is no SketchUp app planned yet. (Not that I have any idea how you could make it usable.)

My only dilema is if 16-32GB is adequate storage.
  • Reply 182 of 186
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Okay, I've read enough reviews, watched enough videos, and looked at enough 3rd-party iPad apps, now I'm waiting for iFixit to rip one apart on Saturday. Of course, since iLoki has labeled me a Luddite I must be lying.
  • Reply 183 of 186
    cycomikocycomiko Posts: 716member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I don't think you can lump all those (or any, actually) of those reviewers into the Thurrott camp.

lol, your kidding right?
  • Reply 184 of 186
    cycomikocycomiko Posts: 716member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iLoki View Post

Well at least we can all agree that it's just a gigantic iPod Touch and be done with it.

"There's a negative way of saying that," says Schiller, "and a positive. 'Oh, it's just a big iPhone ... boo!' or 'Hey, it's like a big iPhone ... cool!'

http://www.time.com/time/business/ar...6935-1,00.html
  • Reply 185 of 186
    ilokiiloki Posts: 13member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Well, look, the way humor works is that you either get it or you don't. If you don't get it, it's really no use anyone trying to explain it to you. But, I assure you, you are exactly the person Pogue was making fun of in the part of the review labeled "for techies". I know you don't understand why, or what, or how... but, like I said, if you don't get, you just don't get it.

Now run along and go buy that netbook you've had your eyes on.

(OK, I know it's hopeless, but, hint: The part of the review for "everybody else" was the review. The part "for techies"... he was just making fun of you. Yes, you. No, really, you.)

No I get it, what u don't get is the "everybody else" part of the review which you and solipism praise was titled "The iPad is Basically a gigantic iPod Touch". Did u and solipism miss that with your biased reading comprehension?

Don't forget to post your photo of you licking your new iPad on Saturday at 9:01.
  • Reply 186 of 186
    ilokiiloki Posts: 13member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cycomiko View Post

"There's a negative way of saying that," says Schiller, "and a positive. 'Oh, it's just a big iPhone ... boo!' or 'Hey, it's like a big iPhone ... cool!'

http://www.time.com/time/business/ar...6935-1,00.html

Surely Schiller meant iPod Touch not iPhone.