AT&T rebrands itself in effort to improve public perception

Comments

• Reply 61 of 107
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

MOD EDIT: DOING THE LAUNDRY

Ha! Oh, that's too appropriate -- after all, AT&T takes its customers to the cleaners, like any "good" telecommunications company. (Verizon takes me to the cleaners, too -- ouch!!!)
  • Reply 62 of 107
    esummersesummers Posts: 953member
    Another "change" theme. It seems to be the thing these days. Apple has always had this philosophy, so it is good to see other companies take up that banner. Change implies innovation, so there is nothing wrong with that. It kinda represents the state of our economy. You can't turn around an economy without doing things differently.
  • Reply 63 of 107
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,056member
    I think Verizon sucks and plays dirty with their bogus Map ad campaign which has nothing to do with how good or bad their service is in a given place. I was with Verizon before I got my iPhone and would NEVER go back to them. From my point of view Verizon management are creeps. Their ad agency is also full of creeps designing an ad campaign against AT&T that has zero to do with how good their service is where AT&T competes with them for customers.

I have 5 bars of AT&T 3G signal at home and find their service works just fine everywhere I go including while I was in New York City last May.
  • Reply 64 of 107
    esummersesummers Posts: 953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iansilv View Post

Nice work ATT- rather than actually accomplishing something to fix your network, you re going to try to fix the perceptions of your network. Which will be accomplished, if you fix your network...

And then you could just spend money on fixing your network, instead of trying to fix your reparation and hoping no one notices the problems with your network.

don't charge extra for that 4g tethering Sprint- and you will have a customer here.

This is as much of an internal pledge as much as an external one. If they get their managers and staff to embrace this philosophy then it represents more then a change in perception. It is also to show shareholders that they are attempting a shift in their corporate culture so that they will hopefully support them in whatever changes they have planned. Here is to hoping that perception is step one.
  • Reply 65 of 107
    dluxdlux Posts: 666member
    Quote:

Everybody has their favorite whipping boy don't they. Well, losers, at&t isn't going anywhere...

You're really selling me on this whole AT&T lifestyle.

They should promote you to the PR department, you're that good!
  • Reply 66 of 107
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,407member
    Quote:

... MOD EDIT: DOING THE LAUNDRY.... so you can start MOD EDIT: DOING THE LAUNDRY AGAIN in your parent's basement.

"Doing the laundry?" Is that the new euphemism for what I think the original phrasing was?
  • Reply 67 of 107
    foo2foo2 Posts: 1,077member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

"Doing the laundry?" Is that the new euphemism for what I think the original phrasing was?

Not sure what you meant there. Do you mean, "Your world [laundry] delivered, starched, pressed and folded?"
  • Reply 68 of 107
    bigdaddypbigdaddyp Posts: 811member
    Doing the laundry? Funniest mod edit ever! Good job.
  • Reply 69 of 107
    crankycranky Posts: 163member
    http://www.9to5mac.com/AT-T-logo-dea...hone-243609245

are the Rollover minutes going away or are they just going to stop mentioning them in their advertising?
  • Reply 70 of 107
    dluxdlux Posts: 666member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cranky View Post

are the Rollover minutes going away or are they just going to stop mentioning them in their advertising?

It would seem counter-productive to offer something like that and then not use it to attract customers.
  • Reply 71 of 107
    cvaldes1831cvaldes1831 Posts: 1,832member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pooch View Post

as do all the at&t apologists, you failed to mention the 12-13 Billion a year in net profit that at&t rakes in.

In addition, AT&T pays a pretty decent dividend, currently 6.5%. There are few components of the S&P 500 that have better dividend yields than AT&T.
  • Reply 72 of 107
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member
    "Rethink Possible" = branding FAIL.

It's possible your call might not get dropped. Good luck!
  • Reply 73 of 107
    crankycranky Posts: 163member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dlux View Post

It would seem counter-productive to offer something like that and then not use it to attract customers.

I would agree with that. The rollover minutes are the main reason I'm still with AT&T. However, I have found infomation that stated both viewpoints.

Here is another link to an article stating a viewpoint opposite of the one in my previous post.

http://topicfire.com/Rethink-Possibl...-13776533.html
  • Reply 74 of 107
    taigebutaigebu Posts: 9member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arthur_Klok View Post

This is how PC users think about technology.

No ! I'm a web developer contractor working on a beautiful website with horrible code...
  • Reply 75 of 107
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member
    Honest to god, AT&T is lost. I want an iPhone, but I get hung up on every time I'm talking to a friend who has an iPhone. Sometimes it happens twice during the conversation. I want an iPhone, but not until it's no longer only on AT&T (or maybe if I move somewhere AT&T doesn't have so many dropped calls).

Rethink possible?

AT&T needs to Rethink Reliable.

They're not.
  • Reply 76 of 107
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dlux View Post

Hell, I'm not just going to 'Rethink Possible', I'm going to 'Rethink Possiblier'!

Is there not a single english major on the AT&T payroll? Who comes up with this nonsense?

Very funny...they need someone more 'intelligenter' than the twit that came up with this crap!

The American consumer equates 'value' with 'cheap' (Apple not withstanding!) ATT has to be the best deal...$39/month unlimited text, data, tethering and voice! If they don't do this Walmart will!
  • Reply 77 of 107
    bartfatbartfat Posts: 434member
    Maybe instead of coming up with lame slogans, AT&T should lower its monthly prices across the board meanwhile while also providing better cell reception than even Verizon After all, a certain someone in Cupertino said that actions speak louder than words
  • Reply 78 of 107
    So they're removing AT&T from their adds and just leaving their logo? So do what do we call them now? The company formerly known as AT&T!?
  • Reply 79 of 107
    Did I miss something?

When did AT&T innovate anything?

God I hope Apple releases a Verizon iPhone so the free market can do it's job and get rid of these jokers.
  • Reply 80 of 107
    tether, tether, tether, tether, tether, tether,