Steve Jobs on claims of international iPad deception: "Are you nuts?"

Comments

• Reply 21 of 143
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fishstick_kitty View Post

LOL that's great. I don't think you should abandon them though...nobody else has the balls to put out innovative products like Apple...don't punish them for having to work out the wrinkles.

We have decided to shorten our campaign's name to "We Are Abandoning Apple" or "Waaa".

New rally next week.

Apple is doomed.
  • Reply 22 of 143
    krreagankrreagan Posts: 218member
    Before the decision is made to delay the iPad, they are going to stay the track on the late April release! Just because he said one day "late April" and the next day he says "late May" does not mean he was being deceptive! it just means the decision point for pushing back the release was between the two statements!

Comon people this is a business and Jobs has a company to run! Do you really think he is out to screw any particular section (international) of the market! ?!?!?!?!

KRR
  • Reply 23 of 143
    williamgwilliamg Posts: 322member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by g3pro View Post

Are you living under a rock? Steve Jobs pretty much gave developers the middle finger last week by denying developers from writing their programs originally in a non original language.

No way. Devs have to write apps for the iDevice and no other. If they want a version for competing platforms, they need to write it separately from the iDevice app.

That is not giving developers the middle finger.

Instead, it is to make sure that the iDevice app is the highest possible quality. And that if it gets rejected by the app store, the dev will not be able to just turn around and release it somewhere else.

I think that Apple's policy is to ensure the best user experience on their devices.
  • Reply 24 of 143
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

I agree, who is this guy and why does anyone care, his email was not worth the time of day...

It seems like Jobs on random days decides to respond to emails like this. Unlike most CEO who would never respond to anyone's email.

I bet this guy frames that email

SJ is criticized for his "arrogance."

Then when he sits down to answer individual e-mails (assuming he's the one doing it) and addresses customers' concerns he's accused of something else.

Chances are, SJ knows exactly what he's doing, why he's doing it, and what the outcome will be. It's all intended, all plotted out, all part of a well thought-out plan.
  • Reply 25 of 143
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Would Steve have been over the top to reply...

"YOU WANT THE TRUTH?!!?!? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

• Reply 26 of 143
    So this guy would rather it launch and not get one because there aren't enough, than to wait and actually get one at a delayed launch. The result is the same. One outcome makes Apple look bad, the other does not.
  • Reply 27 of 143
    2 cents2 cents Posts: 307member
    He should have said, "no iPad for you!"

Steve, the iPad Nazi.
  • Reply 28 of 143
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

In Canada we have started an "Apple Abandoned Us So We Are Abandoning Apple" campaign. We are asking people to come to our rallies with their Apple products that they will then toss into a huge bonfire.

Our first rally yesterday wasn't that great. Only 12 people showed up and they were throwing Zunes in the fire. I don't think they read the memo correctly.

I was going to throw my Zune on the fire but stopped because I didn't want to lose all my Amazon.ca downloaded MP3s... Then I remembered we still CAN'T download Amazon.ca MP3s.
  • Reply 29 of 143
    Verily, this is the same Steve Jobs that was ousted from Apple in the 80s.
  • Reply 30 of 143
    In keeping with the whole entitlement thing, what makes you think that Apple should make it possible for developers to develop apps in whatever environment they want? Apple is trying to do what they always have done - preserve the user experience which is the reason that people buy Apple products in the first place. Remember when Apple told people to start using Xcode before they switched platforms? This was to help all the developers transition their stuff easier because it was all on one unified environment. It's much easier to make a technology transition strategy when you have all your developers running the same development tools.

Although I don't always agree with the vibe that comes across, I do agree that Apple has the right to do whatever they want with the development of their products and if you don't like it then voice that by not purchasing or supporting them. Something tells me that there are several people willing to take your place in line.
  • Reply 31 of 143
    milkmagemilkmage Posts: 152member
    from day one the haters said.. it's a big ipod touch. why would anyone want one?

during the keynote, Jobs said you have to use it to appreciate it (so did all the initial reviewers that were at the announcement event).

what were you all expecting? there are 500k units on the street.. and I'd say on average at least 5 people (other than the owner) got to see them. let's say 2 of those 5 decide to buy. that's another million units pre-ordered.

i think apple miscalculated the adoption rate once the intital batch hit the street.

i've had one since the 12th. every single person i've showed it to was impressed.. they said oh, now I get it.. the mechanics are the same as a touch, but it's an entirely new user experience. interestingly, a lot of parents said "my kids will love this".. (sure.. it's for the kids)

i predicted a "sleeper" hit.. sales will be driven by hands on or word of mouth.. the pictures/videos don't do it justice and cannot convey usage... you forget you're using a computer.

there were no lines to speak of (not like the phone lines anyway) on the 3rd because the mechanics were not new.. then people got to touch them - there are lines now.. just in the form of pending orders.
  • Reply 32 of 143
    merlinwmerlinw Posts: 35member
    This might be another problem for Apple . Israel banning the IPad from entering the country. Strange story.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...1MkBQD9F3K6B01
  • Reply 33 of 143
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Clive At Five View Post

... and look how that turned out...
  • Reply 34 of 143
    ricmacricmac Posts: 65member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Clive At Five View Post

And your point is?
  • Reply 35 of 143
    woodewoode Posts: 67member
    Quote:

Are you living under a rock? Steve Jobs pretty much gave developers the middle finger last week by denying developers from writing their programs originally in a non original language.

Now Steve Jobs is giving the finger to this customer for merely questioning Apple's delays.

Apple needs to be a little more diplomatic.

Feel free to go buy a WePad and a Droid. Apple pisses you off? Vote with you wallet, but don't whine like a spoiled brat.
  • Reply 36 of 143
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

we have decided to shorten our campaign's name to "we are abandoning apple" or "waaa".

rtfl!
  • Reply 37 of 143
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

"Hear no evil, see no evil, do no evil."

Steve should just admit the deficits and be done with it, instead of letting his arrogance punch consumers in the face. There's only so much that consumers and developers are willing to take before they will abandon you.

Are you nuts? That "consumer" and his wild, unsubstantiated conspiracy theory deserved a knuckle sandwich from SJ, not a mea culpa. And your pompous pronouncement about consumers and developers is truly laughable.
  • Reply 38 of 143
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,953member
    Quote:

Steve should just admit the deficits and be done with it, instead of letting his arrogance punch consumers in the face.

What does that even mean?
  • Reply 39 of 143
    williamgwilliamg Posts: 322member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

What does that even mean?

It means "I hate Apple".
  • Reply 40 of 143
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

http://stevecheney.posterous.com/the...tical-platform

Possible explanations re Xcode requirements.

"By telling developers to move to XCode tools, Apple is setting the stage to potentially switch architectures".

Yeah, look how well that worked for Adobe when they ignored the advice to move to XCode... Are they giving fair warning this time? I still think the multitasking argument is the one that makes the best sense, if the system is micromanaging apps as closely as has been described, I can see where an interpretive runtime wouldn't comply with the model.