rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

LMAO! The iCe Cream Sandwich by Apple.
  • Reply 262 of 394
    cmf2cmf2 Posts: 1,427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by isaidso View Post

Yes, that's all I'm saying. 'that photo isn't any sort of proof'.

Gizmodo reported "multiple" Apple labeled components. If they can see em, they can shoot em.

Maybe the components they can see are just as boring as the cable, but they could most definitely take pictures nonetheless.
  • Reply 263 of 394
    isaidsoisaidso Posts: 750member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post

You asked, I answered. if you wanted additional pictures of additional components beyond the one that has been widely published, perhaps you could have asked.

I thought it was a pretty dumb question, but thought I'd help you out anyway.

If Giz says there are multiple components labeled with Apple's name, then either there are or Giz is lying outright. Since they are the only source of the pics, I might just suggest you try them. It is unlikely, that if Giz is committing a hoax with these pics and analysis that they would post here on AI to out their own hoax Or did you honestly think they might?

As other have mentioned, and perhaps you have missed, Giz could be holding back for followup stories which would drive more traffic their way. Page views are important to blogs. Sort of an internet thing.

Yeah, well Giz has disable their comments (big surprise)

Anyway. to reassert my original post on this topic: I have not, nor apparently has anybody else here, seen or been shown by Gizmodo, anything proving this thing is actual Apple property. And the thing is; that fact could be shown if it in fact exists.

On it goes.
  • Reply 264 of 394
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:

Yes, that's all I'm saying. 'that photo isn't any sort of proof'.

Gizmodo reported "multiple" Apple labeled components. If they can see em, they can shoot em.

...and they can release them in measured/calculated intervals to ensure that the buzz keeps its momentum.
  • Reply 265 of 394
    The first time I saw the photos I wasn't sure, but I have looked at the Giz piece, and especially seeing next to the current 3GS I think it is great - and the new camera etc will make it an awesome upgrade. I just hope it isn't a fake and that the actual iPhone that is released in June is a let-down in comparison ...
  • Reply 266 of 394
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

...and they can release them in measured/calculated intervals to ensure that the buzz keeps its momentum.

No, come on, much better to think Giz has created an elaborate hoax.

And that really is the only other option here. Either Giz is pulling one over on all of us, or they are truthfully, albeit possibly not fully, disclosing their findings to us. If it is not a Giz hoax, then either it is a real Apple created device or the person that sold it to them created a very elaborate hoax, created a device using Apple labeled parts (again, this assumes Giz is being truthful), that itunes recognizes as an iPhone and boots as far as an Iphone looking restore screen.

In any event, since Giz has the device and they alone now control what photos and info will be released, it is sort of a fools errant to ask for additional Giz photos on an AI forum.
  • Reply 267 of 394
    Quote:

Then here's a big tip for the genius bloggers trying to drive hits:

In the lead article you post a bit stating:

Please be sure to check back periodically as we release more information and more enticing photos! Check back often!!
  • Reply 268 of 394
    cory bauercory bauer Posts: 1,286member
    Quote:

Anyway. to reassert my original post on this topic: I have not, nor apparently has anybody else here, seen or been shown by Gizmodo, anything proving this thing is actual Apple property. And the thing is; that fact could be shown if it in fact exists.

On it goes.

You're suggesting that Gizmodo has fabricated this entire event, including the production of an otherwise non-existent iPhone shell and innards with first-class construction and engineering? This is not the first time this model iPhone has been spotted; are you suggesting that the others were imaginary as well? Including the one which can be seen in the iPad image leak from the night before the iPad's unveiling?
  • Reply 269 of 394
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

Sorry. Never own a single Apple product so I'm no expert on names.

I studied Ive's works though.

Lazy man! Never owned a PC, but I know how to correctly spell Bill Gate and Stephen Ballmer!
  • Reply 270 of 394
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichL View Post

EDIT: Why does it say XXGB on the back? Surely it's got more than 20GB of memory.

It's the Flash version. Remember, Flash is responsible for all the p....
  • Reply 271 of 394
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cory Bauer View Post

You're suggesting that Gizmodo has fabricated this entire event, including the production of an otherwise non-existent iPhone shell and innards with first-class construction and engineering? This is not the first time this model iPhone has been spotted; are you suggesting that the others were imaginary as well? Including the one which can be seen in the iPad image leak from the night before the iPad's unveiling?

NOTE: Your clear/concise logic has no place among those unwilling to accept the obvious...
  • Reply 272 of 394
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post

No, come on, much better to think Giz has created an elaborate hoax.

And that really is the only other option here. Either Giz is pulling one over on all of us, or they are truthfully, albeit possibly not fully, disclosing their findings to us. If it is not a Giz hoax, then either it is a real Apple created device or the person that sold it to them created a very elaborate hoax, created a device using Apple labeled parts (again, this assumes Giz is being truthful), that itunes recognizes as an iPhone and boots as far as an Iphone looking restore screen.

In any event, since Giz has the device and they alone now control what photos and info will be released, it is sort of a fools errant to ask for additional Giz photos on an AI forum.

Yes. At this point I am leaning more toward your option number 3. (Giz got punked) but then they ran with it, and they will back pedal later.

As I have stated elsewhere I Could Be Wrong

We'll see; probably tomorrow, around 5:30 pm EST
  • Reply 273 of 394
    Quote:

Actually... This design pushes the Apple design language forward a bit by straying away from the (rather inane) illusion of thinness they try to create through the liberal use of tapered edges.

This device (finalized design or not) offers something much more practical, less pretentious, and (again) much more masculine than anything Apple has done since the original titanium PowerBook G4.

The biggest problem with this design is not how it looks, rather, it's the lack of protection on the edges/corners of the glass. Any drop and the glass is history. The old design's use of a wide bezel protects the glass in many drops....
  • Reply 274 of 394
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John.B View Post

Apple may have to take what's available when it comes to displays for the iPhone, esp if it is 960x460 as pointed out in the article.

We all thought the early pics of the iPod nano 3G were fake because it too didn't seem like an "Apple design". I'm skeptical but not sure I'll go so far as to call this a fake...

If I had a dollar every time that someone said it wasn't an Apple design and a little while latter, Steve ended up holding it on stage, I'd be a rich man.

Quote:

For The Curious - Here's The Original Craigslisting:

"So I did it again this last week, consumed way too much straight vodka within perhaps an hour. The party started at 7, I had to be removed by 10pm because I was biting/attacking/wanting/insulting people and in the process lost my employers iPhone 4G prototype model. It was lost at Fahrenheit Ultra Lounge & Restaurant downtown San Jose. The phone was hidden inside of an iPhone 3G case. The device has a front facing camera, 80GB of storage. The device, when found was probably running a newer version of iPhone OS but my employer bricked it remotely within a few hours. Pretty sure i'm going to lose my job over this so if you find the phone please email me. Thanks"

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/laf/1698812779.html

Well, I can pretty much guarantee that the guy ending up employed is or will be true in short order.
  • Reply 275 of 394
    cmf2cmf2 Posts: 1,427member
    Quote:

On it goes.

They disabled their comments because there were too many people commenting, and I have seen them enable and disable the comments several times. They do say you can still comment on their facebook page. Why is everything a conspiracy?
  • Reply 276 of 394
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokrad View Post

Gosh say if this is the next gen iPhone.... What will the iPod touch be like? Hmmmm

That's a very good point.
  • Reply 277 of 394
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cory Bauer View Post

My comment to which you replied does not suggest anything. It states a simple fact as of this current time. Re-read it if you need to.
  • Reply 278 of 394
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nyctree View Post

The biggest problem with this design is not how it looks, rather, it's the lack of protection on the edges/corners of the glass. Any drop and the glass is history. The old design's use of a wide bezel protects the glass in many drops....

You're sure making an awful lot of assumptions as to the material composition of this 'device'.

Who's to say that this 'device' doesn't utilize some kind of new composite material impervious to such misuse?
  • Reply 279 of 394
    You're missing the BIGGEST clue of all from this leak!

This will be a departure from that pesky base 2 system of numbers. (based on Bytes and Bits and other made up things like Unicorns)

Instead this will be the first iPod offered in 20GB size. (XXGB according to the pictures)

Industry first I believe.

• Reply 280 of 394
    cory bauercory bauer Posts: 1,286member
    Quote:

Yes. At this point I am leaning more toward your option number 3. (Giz got punked) but then they ran with it, and they will back pedal later.

As I have stated elsewhere I Could Be Wrong

We'll see; probably tomorrow, around 5:30 pm EST

So you think some pranksters perfectly engineered and constructed a functioning iPhone clone whose internal engineering surpasses the current 3GS iPhone, and is such an elaborate hoax that even Mac OS X and iTunes believe it to be a new iPhone? And you believe this to be true simply because Gizmodo has not shown you an internal processor with an Apple logo on it?