AT&T customers claim most dropped calls, least satisfaction

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 102
    jahadeemjahadeem Posts: 9member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Of course a survey of average users is not a technical analysis. It is basically opinion and hear say. I used to have Verizon and most of the dropped calls I got was when I was talking to Cingular users.

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist but let me know what you think of this idea. I was on hold the other day on my iPhone connected to a business land line. I was holding for a long time with no music or other audible data whatsoever. I was not moving and I had a strong signal. After about 5 minutes the iPhone dropped the call. So my theory is that AT&T listens to the call and when there is no content for a given amount of time it disconnects to save bandwidth.

Somehow I don't believe that would be AT&T's doing. It would have to be the work of the software on the iPhone.

But that would be one way to counteract some of the iPhone traffic.

If the outgoing decibel level for a specified period of time stays below a certain amount then disconnect the call.
  • Reply 102 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Does the iPhone work with T-Mobile?! I thought that TM was on one of the GSM bands that the iPhone did not support?

Only with EDGE speed bands. I have friends who use old 2G iPhones with T-Mobile because it seems much more reliable than AT&Ts offerings.