New Apple ad: 'iPad revolution has just begun' (video)

Comments

• Reply 21 of 82
    robogoborobogobo Posts: 378member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phone-UI-Guy View Post

You are not the only one...

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/05/12/...at-is-ipad-ad/

I didn't like the voice until I realized the connection to the Newton ads. I still don't like it, but at least it has a reason.
  • Reply 22 of 82
    ilovestuffilovestuff Posts: 143member
    Peter Coyote is a good choice.

He does a lot of National Geographic TV.
  • Reply 23 of 82
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    Totally off-topic but Steam is now available for Mac.

And even better, Portal is free to download until 24th May.
  • Reply 24 of 82
    shubiduashubidua Posts: 157member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

I like the way it only shows the parts of the body that you would see when you are looking down at your iPad.

It's smartly done, and will sell a lot of iPads probably but I wish they'd stop with that "magical" crap. It's a totally 1.0 device and has many flaws. The "magical" version is still about five years away IMO. Where else is there to go once you've brought out superlatives like that?

I agree that all the "magical" talk is really overkill. When SJ presented, I got the feeling he wasn't very keen to call it magical either. Sounded like it the marketing team who came up with it, and he just had to use it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Right_said_fred View Post

mega-magical

Quote:
    Originally Posted by echosonic View Post

You forgot "and revolutionary, at an unbelieveable price".

I think that part is good however, as it is true. I mean everybody was expecting something around 800-1000$. And for the revolutionary: there is absolutely nothing like it out there.
  • Reply 25 of 82
    Good Ad, makes me want to get one.
  • Reply 26 of 82
    I already have one, and soon I will get MORE! I LOVE IT!!! mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha
  • Reply 27 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by echosonic View Post

I bought an iPad and now I have it on ebay. Wasn't that blown away.

The interface is the best part about it, but instead of saying I'll buy it when it has >insert feature here< included, I'll just say that once I get rid of it, I won't be buying another one.

I WILL, however, buy the very first MacBook Pro that comes with a touch screen and no clamshell lid...

You forgot to take it out of the box.
  • Reply 28 of 82
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichL View Post

Totally off-topic but Steam is now available for Mac.

And even better, Portal is free to download until 24th May.

YEAH finally Steam on the Mac. Can't connect on my stupid PC for months, today I download the Mac client and Boom! It works*. However, Boom! NO VALVE GAMES except Portal for now. Ah well, when Left 4 Dead 2 and Team Fortress 2 come for the Mac, aw yeah... There goes my productivity, if I had any.

For now maybe I'll check out dropping big heavy blocks on delicate little evil turrets. Muah aha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha

How fast will Source run on a 9400M? Hmm...

*Somewhere during the connection I tried using 3G tethering maybe that reset something on the Mac Steam client as I switched over to my DSL. Who knows.
  • Reply 29 of 82
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Edit: F it Steam is not connecting again. Damn, broadband is rubbish in my country.
  • Reply 30 of 82
    Sh*t - tried to view on iPad and got the blue flash logo of death.

Think I'll wait for an Android tablet - that way I get to see all the nice things people have designed in Flash. Ahh the full internet at last.

With Android - things don't need to be like 1984.
  • Reply 31 of 82
    columbuscolumbus Posts: 282member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jerseymac View Post

"All the worlds websites in your hands."

Is that entirely honest?

Yes, A webpage whose entire content is a binary file which a plugin is needed to display isn't really a website is it? There's no ?web?. The hyperlinks end on the first page.
  • Reply 32 of 82
    Anyone know the name of the music+keyboard App that's show at around 12 seconds ?
  • Reply 33 of 82
    luisdiasluisdias Posts: 277member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by powderdust View Post

Think I'll wait for an Android tablet - that way I get to see all the nice things people have designed in Flash. Ahh the full internet at last.

Are you a spam adbot?
  • Reply 34 of 82
    samanjjsamanjj Posts: 47member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by powderdust View Post

I also just watched it on my ipad, in fullscreen and living colour and it was fun and a great experience. Until something is actually on the market that delivers what the ipad did, it's all unicorn dreams.
  • Reply 35 of 82
    mobiusmobius Posts: 380member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by franktinsley View Post

You forgot to take it out of the box.

• Reply 36 of 82
    mobiusmobius Posts: 380member
    I really want to get one but can't because I'm still on a G5 with Tiger. So my first port of call will be a new Mac Pro and I'm waiting on the new ones being announced - if they ever will be announced. It's been sooo long now since it was last updated. I just hope they are on sale before the VAT increase here in the UK.

Regarding the iPad - I suspect my desire for one is stronger than the pleasure I'll get from using it. It all seems a bit too shiny and new and shouts take me now, baby! But I don't need it, just want it.

What was that Madonna song?

"Yeah, you made me feel

Shiny and new...Oooh!

Like a virgin, touched for the very first time..."

Now look at her, a frumpy old has-been obsessing about her looks until there aren't any left.
  • Reply 37 of 82
    markbmarkb Posts: 153member
    The ad didnt work for me. The coarse tone of the voice over didnt mesh with the visuals. I know what they were going for but I think they missed.
  • Reply 38 of 82
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    It's funny how these n00bs who come to this site on their PC's and see the Flash content don't realise that when you view it in iPhone OS that there's a link which opens the YouTube App.

"Stupid is as stupid does"- Forest Gump

(Disclaimer I can only test this on an iPhone, iPad doesn't launch here until the 28th)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by samanjj View Post

I also just watched it on my ipad, in fullscreen and living colour and it was fun and a great experience. Until something is actually on the market that delivers what the ipad did, it's all unicorn dreams.

• Reply 39 of 82
    cgc0202cgc0202 Posts: 624member
    Fantastically Magical?

Amazingly Magical?

Absolutely Magical?

Sarcasm aside, I may break my own rule this time because I am really tempted to buy the first generation iPad, against my better judgement. I may wait a few months though so that they can at least deal with the more apparent technical flaws.

It's SuperMagical!

Reminds me of kids who are so full of life, sharing with you so excitedly what caught their attention at the time.

It reminds me also of a very close friend while in school, when I first arrived in the US, who was so full of adventure and mischief and spontaneity. With him, our group did things we might not do on our own. Gone to places we might have never considered. And more.

He always predicated his thoughts in superlatives. It's the best [product, time, adventure, etc.] in the world!

I was like a kid again. Knowing people like him enabled me to tolerate all the bigots and intolerant people, thereafter.

Life is beautiful.

CGC

N.B. Usually, I tend to wait for the second generation of an Apple product, knowing that the first one usually have some flaws and perhaps get some features I wished for.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

I like the way it only shows the parts of the body that you would see when you are looking down at your iPad.

It's smartly done, and will sell a lot of iPads probably but I wish they'd stop with that "magical" crap. It's a totally 1.0 device and has many flaws. The "magical" version is still about five years away IMO. Where else is there to go once you've brought out superlatives like that?

• Reply 40 of 82
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by samanjj View Post

nice one

on the nyc subways a few brave souls already use the ipad like they used one like forever

and like the white ear bud thing where little by little the subway cars filled with pods

the ipads are taking root....the screen looks ... well magical !!!!!!

magical

why yes

its the top half of a mbp in your hand

when the 1tb model comes out im in

i guess the ipad killed off all the trolls and placed them in our camp