Another leak from Vietnam reveals Apple's 13-inch MacBook refresh

12345679»

Comments

  • Reply 161 of 167
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    MACBOOK OFFICIALLY UPDATED NOW IN ALLL APPLE StORES.
  • Reply 162 of 167
    chiachia Posts: 710member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post


    MACBOOK OFFICIALLY UPDATED NOW IN ALLL APPLE StORES.



    including the UK:



    http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/hom...co=MTM3NDk2NjU



    I think it's priced slightly higher than its predecessor in the UK: it's £849 now but I'm sure it used to be £816. Well the US dollar is getting stronger whilst the British pound weakens...
  • Reply 163 of 167
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChiA View Post


    including the UK:



    http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/hom...co=MTM3NDk2NjU



    I think it's priced slightly higher than its predecessor in the UK: it's £849 now but I'm sure it used to be £816. Well the US dollar is getting stronger whilst the British pound weakens...



    In Malaysia it dropped RM 300 (about USD 100) because of the strengthening currency here.



    Major suckage though for those in the UK and Europe, prices go up because the £ and Euro is getting SLAMMED hard.
  • Reply 164 of 167
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Poor AppleInsider staff and Macrumors staff. It's middle of the night for them.



    The MacBook update now out on TUAW, Gizmodo and Engadget.



    Stealth update without taking the Apple Store down for long (if at all?)



    LOL after Vietnam leak, Apple must have been like, F it, just roll out the update.
  • Reply 165 of 167
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post


    LOL after Vietnam leak, Apple must have been like, F it, just roll out the update.



    Apple frequently rolls out silent updates when there's no major product redesign.



    This is consistent with Apple's market position where most customers are not buying specs, they're buying experience. A 200 MHz jump in clock speed does not change the experience, so it's not big news.
  • Reply 166 of 167
    avidfcpavidfcp Posts: 381member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


    Apple frequently rolls out silent updates when there's no major product redesign.



    This is consistent with Apple's market position where most customers are not buying specs, they're buying experience. A 200 MHz jump in clock speed does not change the experience, so it's not big news.



    A 200mhz will give an audio person maybe one to two more plugins. A tad faster with fcp. But a lot of increase comes from FSB and combined CPU. Whatbwasbthe FSB before the refresh? 800? If so, the user will experience a small jump in performance.



    Personally I can't wait until all hard drives are flash or 10,000 rpm raid. Now that would show an increase. Lol not to mention kill the battery. I had this idea once that on the road you have one hard drive. When you get home, you put on a different bottom that has another hard drive and then runs in raid after catching up.
  • Reply 167 of 167
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Avidfcp View Post


    A 200mhz will give an audio person maybe one to two more plugins. A tad faster with fcp. But a lot of increase comes from FSB and combined CPU. Whatbwasbthe FSB before the refresh? 800? If so, the user will experience a small jump in performance. .



    What do you think the average MacBook user is doing that will notice a modest jump in FSB?



    The majority of users are browsing the web, sending email, iChat, maybe iPhoto, Microsoft Office. They're just not going to see any real gains - and certainly not enough to write home about.
Sign In or Register to comment.