BOOM BABY!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Pacers win Game 1@ NJ 89-83. Didnt have a doubt in my mind they wouldnt win, just like I didnt have a doubt that they wouldnt make the post season. East is wide open just like I said, and this win is huge considering how bad of a team the Nets are on the road. let's hope Conseco is rockin when the boys go back up 2-0.

Early in the game I liked the fact that they were actually running some plays off of screens for Reggie Miller. Jermaine had a monster first half with 24, and ended up with 30 in the game. Dont think they can stop him.

Holla at me Nets.

OH AND MY JAZZ HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN IT! OH YEAH!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 279
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Don't worry... my Nets will come back in the series.
  • Reply 2 of 279
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    OHHHHHH MANNN!!! Stockton's 3 with 7 seconds remaining was halfway in the basket then goes out! Ahhhh that was so close! they wouldve won the ball game! Then they foul Webber misses the 2nd Stockton's 3 is about to bounce straight up and in to tie then f8ckin Scott Padgett takes the ball as its goin up and tries to slam it! Damn!

John is still the man. Tough loss!
  • Reply 3 of 279
    Not with games 3 & 4 at Conseco. Did I mention the nets sub-.500 road record? Yeah.
  • Reply 4 of 279
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    My man, Purdue grad Brad Miller and the Pacers!!!
  • Reply 5 of 279
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>Not with games 3 & 4 at Conseco. Did I mention the nets sub-.500 road record? Yeah. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, yeah I know they were under .500 on the road, but Kidd and company really are a great team and I think they could easily win a couple on the road.
  • Reply 6 of 279
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Good call Tiger! I've got $10 on the Nets in the series-I should have listened to you in that Mavs thread, I'm sweating now...

:o

Jeff
  • Reply 7 of 279
    I've been thinking and the Nets actually are in trouble. Indiana's gunna slow down the running game like they did yesterday and unless the Nets start shooting better they're screwed.
  • Reply 8 of 279
    Sh*t, my Jazz had that too. Scott Padgett should be banned from participating in basketball games.

John Stockton's 3 pt shot before that with 7 seconds was in too....how in the world can that shot not go in. I was having hot flashes of '97 when it left his hands...

[ 04-21-2002: Message edited by: TigerWoods99 ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 279
    Well... beginning of the 4th and NJ's up by 12. Lets go Nets!
  • Reply 10 of 279
    Series tied... it'll be tough for the Nets to win on the road, but I'm pretty confident.

LET'S GO NETS
  • Reply 11 of 279
    Basketball's about the least important thing on my mind right now....sort of goes with the tide... *sigh*
  • Reply 12 of 279
    MY MOFO-KIN JAZZ YALL! VICTORRRRRYYYY!!! WHAT NOW KINGS!

• Reply 13 of 279

<strong>MY MOFO-KIN JAZZ YALL! VICTORRRRRYYYY!!! WHAT NOW KINGS!

</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's nice. I doubt the Jazz will win any more games in the series though.
  • Reply 14 of 279
    We'll see. Ludacris of the Jazz will drop bows on em fo sho!
  • Reply 15 of 279
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    The Mavericks will lay waste to the Western Division.

Fear us!
  • Reply 16 of 279
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>The Mavericks will lay waste to the Western Division.

Fear us!</strong><hr></blockquote>

I hope you're right. Dallas is the team I wanna see win the West.
  • Reply 17 of 279
    Congrats to Jermaine O'Neal (the real O'Neal) on winning the NBA's Most Improved Player award for the 2001-02 season!

Friday Conseco will be rockin.

Oh, and I'm guaranteeing a Blazer victory tonight over the No Lakers.
  • Reply 18 of 279
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Is this tennis?
  • Reply 19 of 279

<strong>Congrats to Jermaine O'Neal (the real O'Neal) on winning the NBA's Most Improved Player award for the 2001-02 season!

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Speaking of him, I like how he says that no one on the Nets can beat him in a one on one game. Who cares about a one on one game?
  • Reply 20 of 279
    Hmm I havent seen what you are referin to. I think the fact that he totally dominated in game 1 was the reason they got a victory.

I'm concerned about Tinsley being a bit injured, this is the reason he has been on the bench a lot and hasn't been as effective. Ollie has provided solid play off the bench but I'd like to have The Enforcer at full strength on Friday.

I hope Reggie has a huge game. Also, I told some people going to Conseco to wear wife beaters for Ason Kidd (not a typo, he still has no J).