Chinese market mirrors potential of Verizon iPhone

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 69
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,986member
    I am hoping that once the iPhone is available on Verizon, that the assumption that AT&T service is somehow unique in being flawed will be challenged. Once we have platform parity between Verizon and AT&T we can more accurately compare these two services. I suspect we'll start to see Verizon iPhone users report feelings of betrayal when they find that their service is not as perfect as the zeitgeist led them to believe. If that happens, AT&T may be less of a whipping boy.
  • Reply 62 of 69
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

I am hoping that once the iPhone is available on Verizon, that the assumption that AT&T service is somehow unique in being flawed will be challenged. Once we have platform parity between Verizon and AT&T we can more accurately compare these two services. I suspect we'll start to see Verizon iPhone users report feelings of betrayal when they find that their service is not as perfect as the zeitgeist led them to believe. If that happens, AT&T may be less of a whipping boy.

i have used verizon for over a decade

in midtown nyc

verizon service is great

its there billing dept that sucks

don't forget ATT is a company that changed its name from cing one

cing one never had a large network of towers

• Reply 63 of 69
    peter236peter236 Posts: 254member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stottm View Post

Let us not forget that China is a communist country. Allbeit a schizophrenic communist capitalist system. Hong Kong is only free because it used to be owned by the English. Freedom remains in Hong Kong only because the communists know there would be outright rebellion if they tried to clamp down. It would also be very bad publicity.

China is now the largest investor in solar energy and wind power generation. This puts the US to shame. Also, China has the largest highpseed railway network in the world and this again puts the US to shame. Every major Chinese city is expanding their subway system. The US is lagging far behind in developing renewable energy and reducing the reliance on polluting cars. The pollution in the Gulf of Mexico is deplorable.
  • Reply 64 of 69
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ochyming View Post

Cut that commie. It is only for people stuck i the 60's cultural revolution.

China is already looking for a bright future, sadly most of you in the USA are glued to failed Reagan policies.

China is only communist by fame.

China is a (harsh) capitalist country with one party system.

Throw commie at Sweden, where the state IS actually a social state.

Geta grip, you have no clue what you're talking about.

If Apple has any of the integrity or values that they brag about constantly, they would never would do business with any carrier in China.

China is not Capitalist fool...it's called TYRANNY.

• Reply 65 of 69
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FreeRange View Post

Oh please, grow up! What are you, 12 years old? Your moronic banter makes you look quite stupid. Foxcom is NOT using slave labor. This whole issue is total BS. These are people working of their own free will at market prevailing wages. Further, they are provided with food, lodging, recreational facilities, etc. etc. etc. These jobs provide opportunities for them to advance economically and to send money home to what are typically poor rural areas. (When I worked at an automotive plant as a summer job, we all had to work 10 hours a day, 7 days a week to keep up with demand. Did that make me a slave?)

Further, the whole issue of suicides has been blown way out of proportion. The US has a higher suicide rate than what is found at these factories when taking into account the 100's of thousands of workers employed. As to your red bating, China is about as much communist as the US is. It has grown into a remarkable market economy filled with millions of entrepreneurs and expanding opportunities.

You as well, have no idea what you're talking about...

At all.
  • Reply 66 of 69
    500 million subscribers sounds good on paper as potential customers for iPhone, but no way will Apple sell that many iPhones in China unless they sell cheaper versions. Low cost phone is still the biggest opportunity at the moment.

It could change in the future since China's middle class population is growing at a fast pace.

Having visited China recently and seeing first hand what folks are using/depending on the phone convinced me that the market is definitely there, but you'll be surprised by the variety of cell phone brands there, it's definitely a wide open race.

By the way, plenty of knock-off iPhones are sold over there.
  • Reply 67 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

China is not Capitalist fool...it's called TYRANNY.

Yes, he are a expert on political and economic systems 'cuz he live in one.
  • Reply 68 of 69
    I am not an expert in these matters, but like everyone else I have unqualified opinions. Here's mine:

The economies of the U.S. and China are so intertwined that there is now a new country on the world stage--The People's Republic of America/United States of China. This country maintains civilian governments on both sides of the Pacific for the appearance of democracy, but the real strings of power are pulled by the huge multinational corporations in both.

No facts here, just frustrated venting.
  • Reply 69 of 69
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by merlinw View Post

China has a very good Military, and Billions of People. China also owns most of the US debt, and lots of property/companies in the States. Do Not Underestimate them.

They could pull the plug, and call the loans due. And we are F****d. Simple. This started years ago.

I was referring to "the Chinese people" defending themselves from their own government, not the Chinese military defending their people from invading forces.