Verizon mocks Apple's iPhone 4 antenna issue with full-page NYT ad

Comments

• Reply 81 of 151
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GreenG4 View Post

Evidence that they will NOT, in fact, be getting the iPhone any time soon.

No doubt about it now.

Verizon knows this....so does any analyst who has half a brain.

Verizon will not get a CDMA iPhone..ever.

The earliest that Verizon will receive any iPhone, one that supports 4G-LTE, will be around 2012-2014 when their 4G-LTE network will have a big enough footprint. Clearly, any future iPhone can not fallback on CDMA.

Verizon is hurting....they have to ditch their CDMA network ASAP.
  • Reply 82 of 151
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macbug View Post

Lol. here's the one I saw. Funny because now we've confirmed they did that on more than one phone.

Wouldn't that be amusing if Apple decided that was how to solve the problem. Put a sticker on the sensitive area of the metal band. "External Antenna Area Do Not Touch" or maybe they'll rename the hardware.

The iPod Touch and the iPhone No-Touch.
  • Reply 83 of 151
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Wouldn't that be amusing if Apple decided that was how to solve the problem. Put a sticker on the sensitive area of the metal band. "External Antenna Area Do Not Touch" or maybe they'll rename the hardware.

The iPod Touch and the iPhone No-Touch.

I wonder how many lawsuits would ensue? How many lawsuits from those phones with stickers? How many lawsuits when Verizon fixed the faulty battery bay door issue on the Moto Droid with a sticker?
  • Reply 84 of 151
    Looks more like a Motorola ad than Verizon seeing the MOT is on the second line in big bold print, but maybe it's just me. Only mention of VZ is on the phone itself. Is AI guilty of using VZ to get page clicks?
  • Reply 85 of 151
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

of course they want to, but it is pretty funny how they advertise that their dual antenna phone won't suffer from the same issues, especially when Apple said ALL phones suffer from it.

What is worse? The fact that Apple tried to sell us that bs, or that they said this could be fixed with software and bars have been reported wrong since day 1(and they knew)?

What's worse is that Verizon is flat out lying and you're accepting it. To say that their phone won't ever lose signal if you hold your hand over the antenna is a flat out lie. By the laws of physics, the radio signal is absorbed by the human body. Even if the absorption is small, under some circumstance where your signal is marginal, even a small reduction in signal can result in a lost call.

And your acceptance of that statement without question indicates that you are incapable of discerning that kind of blatant falsehood - or that you know they're lying and will continue to attack Apple using facts that you know are false. Which is it?
  • Reply 86 of 151
    8corewhore8corewhore Posts: 833member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rind View Post

As far as Im concerned Verizon is still kicking themselves for not taking a chance with Apple and the iPhone.

I have been shopping around for a new phone and Looking at the Droid X and iPhone 4.

Droid X is to big to use as a Phone, and the Game's just arent available to make use of the bigger screen.

Who would you trust more with your information Apple or Google?

Think I will be staying with Apple.

Google is an advertising company amassing a gargantuan database that would make the NSA and the Stasi blush. I'll stick with Apple.
  • Reply 87 of 151
    bartbuzzbartbuzz Posts: 131member
    Another slow news day. What Verizon says doesn't mean anything. If Steve Jobs wants to sell more iPhones, Verizon is the logical partner. The challenge is whether Apple can make enough iPhones to meet demand.
  • Reply 88 of 151
    8corewhore8corewhore Posts: 833member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSF View Post

Come on, do you think Verizon gives a shit. Remember, they turned down the original iphone and are doing just fine.

Uh, they lost out on millions of customers.
  • Reply 89 of 151
    wakemktgwakemktg Posts: 2member
    Verizon will never get the iPhone....haters. You know you have a winning product when it's copied and ripped on. The droid is just like all the others a iPhone wannabee.
  • Reply 90 of 151
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I wonder how many lawsuits would ensue? How many lawsuits from those phones with stickers? How many lawsuits when Verizon fixed the faulty battery bay door issue on the Moto Droid with a sticker?

I don't know. People were saying put clear cellophane tape across the seam. Sticker, tape, tomato, tomahto.
  • Reply 91 of 151
    chopperchopper Posts: 246member
    Oh goody. Another company the Apple Faithful? can demonstrate their irrational hatred for.

Cripes, people - it's just an ad. Breathe...

• Reply 92 of 151
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I don't know. People were saying put clear cellophane tape across the seam. Sticker, tape, tomato, tomahto.

There are videos showing that doesn?t work either. One even has the Bumper on and as soon as you cover that area the signal drops.
  • Reply 93 of 151
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

There are videos showing that doesn?t work either. One even has the Bumper on and as soon as you cover that area the signal drops.

I guess they will have to sell them in Radio Shack along side the CB Radios, oh wait they already do.
  • Reply 94 of 151
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 8CoreWhore View Post

Uh, they lost out on millions of customers.

During a period where the global mobile market has grown by 1.1 billion users, Apple only sold 51 million mobile phones, while the other manufacturers sold over 3.4 billion phones. The truth of the matter is simply that the iPhone is a niche phone targeted at a niche segment that is getting an enormous amount of attention.
  • Reply 95 of 151
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Taylormade View Post

During a period where the global mobile market has grown by 1.1 billion users, Apple only sold 51 million mobile phones, while the other manufacturers sold over 3.4 billion phones. The truth of the matter is simply that the iPhone is a niche phone targeted at a niche segment that is getting an enormous amount of attention.

Links please.
  • Reply 96 of 151
    oxygenhoseoxygenhose Posts: 236member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

Okay. Again, Apple was not courting Intel so Apple had no reason to NOT take shots at Intel.

Can't tell if this was a jab at me or not? What should I stop and what did I lose? I wasn't sticking up for anything.

If you follow the thread you will see I was simply responding to a poorly thought out post then someone else jumped in without reading the first post.

I don' t have Verizon crap. I don't believe Apple is gonna do anything with them, at least in the next year or two, and this ad from Verizon is preety telling of that fact. If they were even close to getting the iPhone, Verizon certainly would would not be slamming it.

"Hey look, we're now selling the crappy iPhone too!"

Yeah, right...

No jab, I was agreeing with you and elaborating.

You can mock a supplier, worse case they charge you more.

Mocking a potential partner will typically pre-torpedo a deal.

• Reply 97 of 151
    nowayout11nowayout11 Posts: 326member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chopper View Post

Oh goody. Another company the Apple Faithful™ can demonstrate their irrational hatred for.

Cripes, people - it's just an ad. Breathe...

lol. No kidding. How dare competition exist in an Apple market, much less make an ad that exploits flaws and/or weaknesses in their offerings. Apple would never do... oh.
  • Reply 98 of 151
    oxygenhoseoxygenhose Posts: 236member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Yea keep smoking that stuff. Your brain is only half messed up. Imagine wanting a phone that can make a phone call while its being held? You sure that's oxygen in that there hose of yours?

Worse case you slide your hand a millimeter in any direction. It still takes 'supposedly' more than a few conditions to be met to drop the signal a trivial amount.

It's a design trade-off, like the lack of a physical keyboard. Don't like it, don't buy it. But nobody, including Apple, is responsible for satisfying every demand a customer might have.

It's pretty simple dude, welcome to reality.
  • Reply 99 of 151
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Taylormade View Post

Yes, the profitable smartphone niche. Sadly, they don't have much competition for that niche.
  • Reply 100 of 151
    ezduzitezduzit Posts: 158member
    Also, I believe Apple needs Verizon more than Verizon needs Apple. I also believe Verizon will not bend over for Apple like AT&T did.[/QUOTE]

cash in the bank tells a different story. verizon isn't in apple's league.

bottom line is that the longer it takes verizon to make a deal, the less chance that it will happen. when att straightens out their service, and they will, verizon shareholders will look to lynch their guru, mr roberts. hp landed up with sprint instead of apple.