Apple adds Motorola Droid X to iPhone 4 death grip page

Comments

• Reply 221 of 278
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BartBuzz View Post

It's still done. There's no more story here. Well I did hear that each iP4 now comes with a piece of silly putty to appease the people who aren't buying one anyway.

Why not just ignore this thread? Let's face it, you love being given a reason to belittle people. You should thank us for allowing you to stroke your own ego.
  • Reply 222 of 278
    chopperchopper Posts: 246member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BartBuzz View Post

I keep coming back to these articles to see if the postings are still lame. They are...especially all the "analogies" of crashing cars, cars not running, pickles not dill enough, shirt collars not stiff enough. But I digress. Maybe Monday's articles will bring some fresh discussion topics. The iPhone antenna story is done. Stick a fork in it.

Hmmmm...

It's on the premier Apple fansite news page, yet you claim the story's done? That seems more like wishful thinking than any reflection of the reality of the situation.
  • Reply 223 of 278
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Being an optimist, he's finally figured out how to use a search engine so perhaps he'll learn to utilize it before posting nonsense like this in the future.

I wonder how many of your 17,000+ posts would remain if all those with personal attacks, and posts to like-thinking AI members containing put-downs of people who disagree with you, were removed.

• Reply 224 of 278
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,855member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sonicsands View Post

A bit harsh when someone is just quoting another article. But hey, that same blog has a couple of articles that are pro-Apple:

http://www.ankleskater.com/pagemaker...20100718025521

http://www.ankleskater.com/pagemaker...20100724101442

Kinda defeats the notion about inherent bias.

The first article is not at all pro Apple. The second article is more neutral, short, and really just a blurb about another story elsewhere that's been all over every site. I don't see how this defeats the notion of inherent bias at all. When you label anything not anti Apple as the "fanboys", I think that says it all.
  • Reply 225 of 278
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Now that's some serious trolling you're doing there...

You might at least try to stay on topic, rather than just causing disruptions by posting irrelevant, inflammatory, extraneous, and off -topic messages.

Ha, ha, ha. Very funny coming from you. What? You don't like having it pointed out how ridiculous you are? There's a solution to that, and it's already been suggested to you.
  • Reply 226 of 278
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chopper View Post

Hmmmm...

It's on the premier Apple fansite news page, yet you claim the story's done? That seems more like wishful thinking than any reflection of the reality of the situation.

Well, AI is no less a hit whore than any other blog.
  • Reply 227 of 278
    Quote:

I wonder how many of your 17,000+ posts would remain if all those with personal attacks, and posts to like-thinking AI members containing put-downs of people who disagree with you, were removed.

16,875. You can count them if you don't believe me.
  • Reply 228 of 278
    bulk001bulk001 Posts: 748member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichL View Post

All phones suffer from death grip.

Only the iPhone 4 suffers from the finger of death (and it's not that common):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gb3aQ5XoQw

Why is everyone (including Apple) obsessed with death grip when it isn't the real issue here?

I just got the first 5 of our iphones in and while I can get them all to drop a bar or two, I can't get any of them to drop a call because of it. I suspect that Apple has made some tweaks since this all broke.
  • Reply 229 of 278
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

16,875. You can count them if you don't believe me.

So you're solipsism as well as anonymouse? If I ever get the 85 spare days or so I'd need to count them, I promise faithfully to do just that. Meantime I'll take your obviously well-documented count with the trust that I know you'd extend to me.
  • Reply 230 of 278
    bcs123bcs123 Posts: 46member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bulk001 View Post

I just got the first 5 of our iphones in and while I can get them all to drop a bar or two, I can't get any of them to drop a call because of it. I suspect that Apple has made some tweaks since this all broke.

No. I suspect you are seeing the same thing almost everybody has seen since day one. Bars don't drop in most places. That's the way it's always been. Doesn't mean apple changed a thing. You're just not suffering from a problem very few people have.
  • Reply 231 of 278
    Quote:

Well, AI is no less a hit whore than any other blog.

And the topic's a hit magnet because apparently it's "not done yet".

I note you've popped by for a visit to my profile. Was it enlightening?
  • Reply 232 of 278
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Cool! I'm apparently anonymouse and he is me. Is this like a Father, Son & Holy Ghost sort of oneness or a Voltron like union? I vote for latter.
  • Reply 233 of 278
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bulk001 View Post

Well Apple did update the software to 4.01, which makes the bars more accurate, it doesn't stop the droidtard army posting links to the old videos which show more bars dropping.
  • Reply 234 of 278
    Quote:

So you're solipsism as well as anonymouse?

You are as right about that as you are about everything else.
  • Reply 235 of 278
    Quote:

Cool! I'm apparently anonymouse and he is me. Is this like a Father, Son & Holy Ghost sort of oneness or a Voltron like union? I vote for latter.

Or The Walrus perhaps...

But no, the comment was about anonymouse answering for you. I have a feeling you already knew that, though it may be you hadn't seen that possibility. However, you probably do now.

It's interesting how many times posters address something explicitly to another, yet that person doesn't answer it and instead some other poster answers for them.

Sort of a 'tag-team smackdown' approach to forum responses.
  • Reply 236 of 278
    Quote:

And the topic's a hit magnet because apparently it's "not done yet".

I note you've popped by for a visit to my profile. Was it enlightening?

It's a hit magnet because trolls like you want to keep spinning your BS.

An accidental click, was intent on gathering stats on your posts.
  • Reply 237 of 278
    Quote:

You are as right about that as you are about everything else.

Thanks.

So, anything interesting in my profile?
  • Reply 238 of 278
    Quote:

It's a hit magnet because trolls like you want to keep spinning your BS.

An accidental click, was intent on gathering stats on your posts.

Ah, the old 'insults because you have no valid argument' technique again Mr anonymouse. If you have some actual counter to my point, feel free to post it. Meantime, my point still stands - the topic is obviously not "done" yet.

Accidental click, huh?

Yeah, right.
  • Reply 239 of 278
    Quote:

Voltron? He's the 4th musketeer, right?
  • Reply 240 of 278
    Quote:

Ah, the old 'insults because you have no valid argument' technique again Mr anonymouse. If you have some actual counter to my point, feel free to post it.

Well, there's nothing really left to say on this non-issue other than repeat refutations of repetitious rewordings of the same discredited accusations, so, we might as well talk about why we are all here.