Popular iPhone camera app pulled over "Easter egg" shutter button

14567810»

Comments

  • Reply 181 of 188
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post


    1. You are misrepresenting what "promises" were made to the telcos by the government.



    2. As I argued in that thread, one is sometimes faced with moral dilemmas where choosing the lesser of two evils is the correct choice, a situation that doesn't apply here at all.



    1. That's nonsense. The contracts give the Telcos rights to use the spectrum for telecommunication services. They do NOT give the government the right to demand commercial terms - or the government would have done it previously.



    2. This is inconsistent with your quote above where you state that contracts should be honored.



    Furthermore, there's no consensus that Net Neutrality is a good thing. So the government should rip up its contracts and throw them out because a small number of people have some theoretical belief that Net Neutrality is good? That is, of course, nonsense.
  • Reply 182 of 188
    Its always eluded me why the iphone doesnt have a shutter button.

    Does apple really believe a shutter button will confuse its customers?
  • Reply 183 of 188
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,626member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


    1. That's nonsense. The contracts give the Telcos rights to use the spectrum for telecommunication services. They do NOT give the government the right to demand commercial terms - or the government would have done it previously.



    2. This is inconsistent with your quote above where you state that contracts should be honored.



    Furthermore, there's no consensus that Net Neutrality is a good thing. So the government should rip up its contracts and throw them out because a small number of people have some theoretical belief that Net Neutrality is good? That is, of course, nonsense.



    The spectrum licenses do not give the telcos the right to use them in any way they see fit, regardless of the effect on the public good.



    And, no, there is no inconsistency. Just a lack of understanding on your part. And the only people who believe net neutrality isn't the right thing are those who hope to profit by compromising it, or those who have no understanding of the issues.
  • Reply 184 of 188
    finetunesfinetunes Posts: 2,065member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


    The contracts give the Telcos rights to use the spectrum for telecommunication services. They do NOT give the government the right to demand commercial terms - or the government would have done it previously.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post


    The spectrum licenses do not give the telcos the right to use them in any way they see fit, regardless of the effect on the public good.





    This seems off topic from a programer who decided to use the iPhone volume control button for a shutter release in an app.



    However, the licenses issued through the FCC requires that the user of the license follows FCC rules. If a user decides that the rules don't apply--the user will find that you can't fight the FCC ie no license.



    [email protected]



    http://reboot.fcc.gov/reform/systems/cls



    Back on topic:



    As a photographer, I like the idea of using the volume control button as a shutter release--more stability than a tap tap on a screen. The developer should try to work with Apple to get this approved, but should have tried to circumvent Apple's guide lines secretly.
  • Reply 185 of 188
    finetunesfinetunes Posts: 2,065member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by demitri View Post


    Its always eluded me why the iphone doesnt have a shutter button.

    Does apple really believe a shutter button will confuse its customers?



    Yeh, I can agree in part, however the issue is that the programer violated the terms of the developer's agreement--didn't he/she???
  • Reply 186 of 188
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by diddy View Post


    No, there was a rule about this sort of thing and Apple has a big warning about such easier Eggs. Unless Apple wants to send messages that their rules don't mean anything, they have to apply them.



    Exactly.



    There is likely a rule about altering the functionality of the basic UI. There is also likely a rule about hiding features from Apple. It is also possible that said feature required private APIs to work, which is also a no-no.



    Frankly I'm a tad shocked that Tap Tap Tap would play such games, given that they have been doing this for a while. This seems more like something a newbie would do. Especially the 'hiding' part



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KangaMoJo View Post


    The numbnuts are the devs who raked in half a mil in two months, were told previously not to do it and yet went ahead and publicized it anyway.



    Yep, reminds me a bit of the numbnut that went on Twitter and said he'd pay for info about the new iphone. Made it hard to claim total innocence when someone happened upon a prototype . . .
Sign In or Register to comment.