Comments

• Reply 101 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by el-extranjero View Post

Humm, if it's at 10:00 AM in San Francisco, California,

it's 06:00 PM in London (UK) and Lisbon (Portugal) time

and 07:00 PM in rest of the Western Europe Continental Time,

isn't it ?

Yes. It's always been like that. I live in Portugal, I know it.
  • Reply 102 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by einsteinbqat View Post

Gosh. My bad. My apologies.

I don't know why I was thinking it was at noon EDT. But I stand corrected. It is indeed 6pm UK/Portugal and 7pm western EU continental time. I'm surely mixing up with this appointment that I have tomorrow for an interview.

Godspeed and good luck. My partner and I just finished our website Aug 1. Aug 2 I get a call Our Father is not doing good. Arrive in Boston Aug 12th he's making jokes. Next day lethatrgic. Get two calls from hospital to get up asap. Go home to take shower at 3AM get anither call we all better get up there now/Emergecy. He passes away at 5:51AM.

He went in for a stupid pacemaker replacement. On a transfer emt takes a reading on his bad arm. Gets a false positive. Goes to different hospital. Gets shot if penicillinn famiky. It puts him in septic shock. He gets incubated. 4 times total and was afraid, stubbordn to do stuff He needed

to do like PT after being in bed 4 months. Someone screwed up and we hope to make my mom comfortable by settling out of court. Simple procedure turns into no more baseball/football talk plus am 3200 miles away. Whole famiky in Boston.

If anyone knows if marketing, music tv siudtracks A&r promo jobs in Boston please pm me or send mail to avidfcp@gmail a d out in header from apple insider. Gotta get back there.
  • Reply 103 of 145
    wonderwonder Posts: 229member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by einsteinbqat View Post

No it's not. It's 5pm UK time, and 6pm western continental EU time, except Portugal which has the same time as UK.

10am in San Francisco is 6pm in the UK.

As I post this from the UK, it is 10:38 in the UK and 02:38 in San Francisco.

Ian
  • Reply 104 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

To demonstrate how terribly common flash is and how only the elite should have the privilege. we don't want the riff raff, like myself who only has 10.5.8, to be able to tune in, let alone the dregs of society who use PCs.

That's right, stay off my live feed...! Muah ha ha ha

SRSLY though it kinda sucks for PPC and non-Snow users. Try the workarounds...
  • Reply 105 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by callumacrae View Post

Am I the only one who thinks that even if they do have a wifi problem, it won't affect the streaming? Why would they use wifi?

~Callum

FaceTime on iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4 will allow Live HTTP streaming over WiFi. Steve will be demoing this during the keynote, I think.
  • Reply 106 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacHiavelli92 View Post

You can test your Safari Live Stream or use VLC . . . see this link for details:

http://technologme.com/test-your-app...e-stream/2564/

Playing fine on my iPhone 3GS over 3G. Now when I'm home, let's hope my damn router doesn't jam up again. It's been acting up.
  • Reply 107 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

hehe I thought you were going to say ?except for a continuous dead stretch between Miami, Florida and the Canadian border in Maine.?

In Georgia 75 has pretty coverage. I stream audio over 3g and have few dropouts along most the length of 75. Even in the hills of Tennessee and Kentucky I have had good luck streaming.
  • Reply 108 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MoXoM View Post

Cool! Thanks for the confirmation

I'm gonna have to try and sneak out of work early...

Just what I have been successfully convincing myself
  • Reply 109 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DCJ001 View Post

To those who are concerned about missing the live streaming, I'm sure that you'll be able to see the presentation later in the day through a link at the Apple site.

Now that's supposed to be sarcastic, is it?
  • Reply 110 of 145
    Oh NOES!!! I just tried the test stream and it doesn't work from my office!

- Jasen.
  • Reply 111 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wonder View Post

10am in San Francisco is 6pm in the UK.

As I post this from the UK, it is 10:38 in the UK and 02:38 in San Francisco.

Ian

Yes I know. See post #91.
  • Reply 112 of 145
    I think the http live streaming could be a hint that apple is going to show off its iTunes cloud service. As for quicktime for windows being able to support http live streaming i think apple could release this in the next major quicktime update i.e. Quicktime 8. And for the Mifi issues at apples events, I wonder if it would be possible to somehow block all of their Mifi signals, or just ban them entirely.
  • Reply 113 of 145
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    I'm just being paranoid but I wanted to confirm with you guys that my ipod touch running iOS 3.1 should stream the Apple event just fine.....right?
  • Reply 114 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

I'm just being paranoid but I wanted to confirm with you guys that my ipod touch running iOS 3.1 should stream the Apple event just fine.....right?

yes any iOS device with 3.0 or higher and snow leopard.
  • Reply 115 of 145
    Not quite two hours left!
  • Reply 116 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Not quite two hours left!

Let me fire up the Countdown feature on Clock Pro HD on mah iPad...

1 HOUR 38 MINUTES TO GO
  • Reply 117 of 145
    BTW I donated $1 to this great documentary to be made about The Pirate Bay!

Find out more and support it here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-from-keyboard
  • Reply 118 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Let me fire up the Countdown feature on Clock Pro HD on mah iPad...

1 HOUR 38 MINUTES TO GO

How long now?
  • Reply 119 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by olternaut View Post

how long now?

1 hour 19 minutes to go
  • Reply 120 of 145
    And... APPLE STORE IS DOWN