Why not move Israel to the U.S.?

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 83
    [quote]Originally posted by PC^KILLA:

<strong>

I don't follow you?

So if there is a consensus in the country about keeping the Sabbath as a day of rest, that disqualifies Israel a secular democracy. Or maybe it?s the fact that we celebrate religious national holidays? As opposed to your perfect predominately Christian secular states that don?t celebrate Charismas or Easter, or have Sundays as a day of rest. C?mon.

mika.

[ 05-21-2002: Message edited by: PC^KILLA ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Go to McDonalds. Order a cheeseburger. What you can't? Have to buy a hamburger and add the cheese yourself? Why?
  • Reply 82 of 83
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    [quote]Originally posted by BobtheTomato:

<strong>

Go to McDonalds. Order a cheeseburger. What you can't? Have to buy a hamburger and add the cheese yourself? Why? </strong><hr></blockquote>

Ok. So McDonalds is trying to placate its Israeli customers by keeping its menu Kosher. They also use Israeli potatoes. A smart business move if you ask me.

I happen to love bbq?d pork chops. And guess what? I have them almost every day.

But let me turn this around and ask you why is it that McDonalds does not offer a kosher menu to its Jewish and Arab customers in the US? Now, follow your logic and you?ll see why McDonalds keeps its menu Kosher in Israel.

mika.

[ 05-28-2002: Message edited by: PC^KILLA ]</p>
  • Reply 83 of 83
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    just for clarification, McDs is one of the typical 'think global, act local' multi-nationals. They customize flavoring, drinks, frying oil, etc according to each countries tastes. They are usually subtle changes but still.

The fact that they use local foods is also commonplace practice. same in Russia. One of the main deals when McDs 'moves' into a country is that they take from local resources. Not only is it cheaper but gives them a 'good guy' look to people.

Ok, that was totally off topic, but still....

back on subject: Arabs, as well as jews, have the right to be in that area. Both for historical and religious reasons. We also see many Christian places of cult in Israel.