Apple releases iOS 4.1 with Bluetooth, proximity sensor fixes

Comments

• Reply 21 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hapalibashi View Post

Maybe. Certainly the camera doesn't seem as snappy (har har) as it was... perhaps its related to the size of the camera roll.

I notice the lag only AFTER I have launched camera AND photos. The lag affects Camera, Photos, Voice Memos and sometimes compass...

It doesn't do the usual startup animation. It skips the first part (fly-away icons) and goes directly to just a short zoom animation.

It's as if the iPhone is chugging on something, but I don't know what it's doing. I even waited just to be sure it wasn't just indexing for spotlight.

Can someone shed some light on this?
  • Reply 22 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Newtron View Post

Does this ruin jailbroken phones?

Absolutely.
  • Reply 23 of 130
    bagmanbagman Posts: 349member
    I get a response that 4.0.2 is the updated version for my 3GS (which it isn't, of course). Do I have to update iTunes to the new 10.0 version to get the 4.1 upgrade? My impression is that I don't. I'm getting tired of the iTunes bloatware on my PC, and could care less about Ping, so I haven't bothered to update iTunes until I have to.
  • Reply 24 of 130
    Are there any current games that work with GameCenter?
  • Reply 25 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by neptune2000 View Post

When I connect my iPhone 4 to iTunes, iTunes says that a new version of the iPhone software is available, BUT it is listed as Version 4.0.2. No 4.1 in sight.

You probably need to install 4.0.2 before 4.1
  • Reply 26 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bagman View Post

I get a response that 4.0.2 is the updated version for my 3GS (which it isn't, of course). Do I have to update iTunes to the new 10.0 version to get the 4.1 upgrade? My impression is that I don't. I'm getting tired of the iTunes bloatware on my PC, and could care less about Ping, so I haven't bothered to update iTunes until I have to.

Yes, most iOS updates also require iTunes update.
  • Reply 27 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

What? Those guys at Redmond don't supply you with advance info?

I have nothing to do with Redmond. I am an Apple guy, 100 percent. Well, 98 percent, I run XP on my laptop with bootcamp, but I regret it every day. Off topic, but I just tried to update Safari on XP and my laptop fans went full tilt and the program froze. So I just turned it off. I'll try again tomorrow.

I don't know how a program can freeze when my laptop is hot enough to fry eggs on.
  • Reply 28 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Newtron View Post

Does this ruin jailbroken phones?

Always, anytime you download new iOS version you then must wait for new version to be jailbroken.
  • Reply 29 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by desarc View Post

gamecenter is a VERY un-Apple UI.

kinda feels like a poker table.

I agree. Gamecenter is lacking fun... can't retain other people's email to add friends/competitors. It's a Sadnesscenter.
  • Reply 30 of 130
    onhkaonhka Posts: 1,025member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

I'm gonna wait a few days. Not that I don't trust ya Apple, but you have been making the tiniest of errors on a small amount of products lately. Please lemmie know how it turns out.

You have been such an ass about everything Apple, why the hell should we help you now?
  • Reply 31 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Onhka View Post

You have been such an ass about everything Apple, why the hell should we help you now?

Because you are a better person than him?

OK, maybe that one doesn't work in your case. Sorry.
  • Reply 32 of 130
    [QUOTE=AppleInsider;1710151] Apple on Wednesday released the iOS 4.1 update.

iOS 4.1 on my iPhone 3G running great, no problems. Thanks Apple!!
  • Reply 33 of 130
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paxman View Post

Please somebody - is it snappy on 3g?

yep, it is on mine.
  • Reply 34 of 130
    I installed 4.1 using iTunes 9. No need to upgrade iTunes. Everything seems to be OK so far.
  • Reply 35 of 130
    Quote:

Running iTunes 9.2.1.

Have just started downloading iOS4.1 - i'll let you know if it installs ok!

If that helps!
  • Reply 36 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PaulSorensen View Post

No - [HDR] doesn't even work on the 3GS - iPhone 4 only.

Correct: http://www.apple.com/iphone/software-update/
  • Reply 37 of 130
    nkhmnkhm Posts: 928member
    Quote:

You really should, iTunes 10 is a massive performance increase.
  • Reply 38 of 130
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    So... has the sky now returned to its expected loftiness?
  • Reply 39 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Onhka View Post

Haha. Exactly my thoughts!

Just installed here. Looks good. Can't wait put hdr through its paces.
  • Reply 40 of 130
    How snappy versus 3.1.3? It surely is snappy versus 4.0. That is expected. It's versus 3.1.3 that the snappy-ness should be compared to.