Apple adds FaceTime video chat support to the Mac

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 86
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

The problem with this is that if someone calls this single Apple ID, then both your devices should ring. Unless that's what you want, of course...

Just tested this. Both ring. If only one answers, the call works. If both answer, the call "fails."
  • Reply 82 of 86
    Quote:

The problem with this is that if someone calls this single Apple ID, then both your devices should ring. Unless that's what you want, of course...

So what happens if I use on of my me.com aliases for the Mac or the iPhone? Are they treated like my main me.com address?

I suppose I will have to test that, unless somebody else has already.
  • Reply 83 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

So what happens if I use on of my me.com aliases for the Mac or the iPhone? Are they treated like my main me.com address?

I suppose I will have to test that, unless somebody else has already.

I tried it and it doesn't work. All me.com aliases are automatically associated with your main Mobile Me account.
  • Reply 84 of 86
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChiA View Post

iChat does video too.

By the way, has anyone tried Mac to Mac Facetime?

Yes, but iChat did video before FaceTime, and iChat never did video to phones. I think its likely Apple will eventually remove video chat from iChat and just leave FaceTime in charge; or maybe have an iChat video chat request launch FaceTime instead. That would make it pretty seamless and keep anyone from feeling like iChat got neutered when it really just got spun off.
  • Reply 85 of 86
    Quote:

I tried it and it doesn't work. All me.com aliases are automatically associated with your main Mobile Me account.

Okay, thanks. Saves me the experiment. I suppose this means that if you've got a me.com account, you must set up your FaceTime account on the Mac with a non-me.com address since your iPhone will use it by default?
  • Reply 86 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChiA View Post

By the way, has anyone tried Mac to Mac Facetime?

I did. It works fine now that I have it set up on both machines. It's stuck in portrait mode though, and there doesn't seem to be a way to rotate into landscape.