Apple releases Mac OS X 10.6.5 with no mention of AirPrint

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 110
    edit: don't worry, my bad, had the wrong combo updater
  • Reply 102 of 110
    Well I just checked and they STILL haven't fixed the font spacing issue on the Help menu. Pathetic.

SL actually introduced this 'feature' when it came out and 5 updates later it's still there.
  • Reply 103 of 110
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by New Mac User View Post

Here is a link that shows how to fix Letterbox plugin For Mail.app 4.4 http://newmacuser.com/mailapp-letterbox-fix/

THANK YOU New Mac User! I just could not deal with the top/bottom view. Made my email handling so much easier. Thank You Thank You Thank You
  • Reply 104 of 110
    enzosenzos Posts: 344member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

And I can't believe you all went 3 pages without confirming, as I have, that indeed:

It's Snappier? !!

Not here but I posted quite early at MDN that 10.6.5 had measurably accelerated my MBP for application opening, start-up, iPhoto responsiveness, and now I've tested it, Aperture 3.1 now opens in just a couple of seconds! This is the biggest increase in snappiness I've had from a simple point update.

Well done Apple!
  • Reply 105 of 110
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Meriana View Post

I guess Apple didn't want to hold the release of 10.6.5 back any longer and removed AirPrint for the time beeing.

Even though Apple released 10.6.5 AirPrint is automatically added to the update, I have tried myself with it and I can share printers through that updated computer.

And Steve Jobs said don't believe anything you read (AirPrint still is coming in iOS 4.2)

another link explaining: http://www.macrumors.com/2010/11/10/...rprint-issues/
  • Reply 106 of 110
    pik80pik80 Posts: 148member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BC Kelly View Post

And so many of you want to hang on to the Old Ways ?

I am glad to hear from someone as passionate about this as I am. I have found that beyond the environment and financial advantages that it is just so much easier to search for files on a computer then on paper and going paperless doesn't make your office so messy.

"And THAT commercial was 10 or 15 years ago"

BusinessWeek talked about the paperless office and that was 35 years ago! When computers came around we actually ended up using DOUBLE the paper we used before computers, not less!
  • Reply 107 of 110
    pik80pik80 Posts: 148member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

Just because you don't need a feature doesn't mean it shouldn't exist.

Well it would force people to change faster. Some people will put off change as long as they possibly can.
  • Reply 108 of 110
    Maybe this was released earlier and I failed to notice, but intertial scrolling is now working on my mid 2008 MBP
  • Reply 109 of 110
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pik80 View Post

Well it would force people to change faster. Some people will put off change as long as they possibly can.

That's true. I still wish there was an easier way to transfer information. Handing someone next to you a sheet of paper takes a second. Sending them a piece of digital information from your device to theirs can take 15 seconds or more.
  • Reply 110 of 110
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    I'm having a lot of trouble with VNC sessions since I installed this update a couple weeks ago.

I'm downloading the combo updater now, hopefully it will solve the problem.