RIM's BlackBerry overtakes Apple's iPhone in US browser usage

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 114
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I’d say that is highly unlikely. When AT&T mentioned first mentioned the tiered data plans posters on tech forms stated their usage, and I had people i know send me their usage stats from AT&T’s sites. No one was using over 2GB unless they were illegally tethering and most we’re using under 200MB, and those people would have just continued using the unlimited plans, as well as others who didn’t want to let it go for the $5 to $15 month savings.

I think this change isn’t less data being used per iPhone, but StatCounter’s measuring not accounting for all cellular data or missing some other key element.

PS: I used 90GB last month. New personal best. hehe (Yeah, I’m the reason AT&T had to moved to a tiered plan).

may i ask what did you use 90gb in a month that too on a mobile for?

anyways, i saw your reply in other post... hehe..
  • Reply 102 of 114
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cutykamu View Post

Solipsism *is* Jason Bourne
  • Reply 103 of 114
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,821member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

aren't blackberries pretty much free with contract these days? By one, get 12 free?

And in Cornflakes I think.
  • Reply 104 of 114
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Not really sure, but torrenting UK shows that don't air in the US and othe US shows that I miss on TV likely make up the bulk of it. I was using it to tether to my MBP and iPad. My hotel was charging $20 per calendar day, so I jailbroke it and bought the $20 MyFi app from Cydia. Money well spent.
  • Reply 105 of 114
    Quote:

Not really sure, but torrenting UK shows that don't air in the US and othe US shows that I miss on TV likely make up the bulk of it. I was using it to tether to my MBP and iPad. My hotel was charging $20 per calendar day, so I jailbroke it and bought the $20 MyFi app from Cydia. Money well spent.

amazing, thanks for the suggestion... good to know there is good worth in jailbreaking but still i don't prefer to jailbreak my iphone 4...
  • Reply 106 of 114
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Solipsism *is* Jason Bourne

hehe, and you are superman?
  • Reply 107 of 114
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

amazing, thanks for the suggestion... good to know there is good worth in jailbreaking but still i don't prefer to jailbreak my iphone 4...

Beside MyWI, one app that I can?t live without is LockInfo. Gives me all the info I want right on my lockscreen. To be honest, it saves me a lot of time from going into my phone to check emails, calendar, weather, etc.

Another that I like is BiteSMS. It allows you do a lot more than Apple?s native SMS app, including replying to people without leaving the app you are currently in.

All these apps I paid for on Cydia. So much for jailbreaking only being used for stealing hacking iPhone apps \ , though I am guilty of violating my contract with AT&T.
  • Reply 108 of 114
    Quote:

Beside MyWI, one app that I can?t live without is LockInfo. Gives me all the info I want right on my lockscreen. To be honest, it saves me a lot of time from going into my phone to check emails, calendar, weather, etc.

Another that I like is BiteSMS. It allows you do a lot more than Apple?s native SMS app, including replying to people without leaving the app you are currently in.

All these apps I paid for on Cydia. So much for jailbreaking only being used for stealing hacking iPhone apps \ , though I am guilty of violating my contract with AT&T.

a year before my 3g was also jailbroken and the only app that time i thought worth was intelliscreen... i love that app which gives all the information on my lock info for sms, mails, rss feeds, weather and calendar... still i'm always thinking now that iOS 4 has came with already many refinements and updates, is jailbreaking really worth it specially when iOS 5 is few months away?

Offtopic though some features which i'm waiting in iOS 5 are widgets and mobileme backup for sms/mms, ringtones and other all the settings... i can't imagine when i buy a new iphone and just put my id and password and i get all the settings, msgs, contacts, emails...
  • Reply 109 of 114
    habihabi Posts: 317member
    Does this take into consideration other IOS browsers??? Proly not!! I use opera when not on 3G or when layout doesnt matter!
  • Reply 110 of 114
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,821member
    The headline is incorrect ... "It should read ... BB users take far longer to do anything on the web"
  • Reply 111 of 114
    lmaclmac Posts: 208member
    The Internet is strong, but the web is in decline. Read this Wired article to learn why Apps are where it's at!

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/08/ff_webrip/all/1
  • Reply 112 of 114
    Mystery solved...

... the counter/image is a .swf file

• Reply 113 of 114
    I am amazed by the fact that nobody have realized the graph is strangely bogus.

Just see the RIM and iOS graphs, they are perfectly simmetrical.

It's like the RIM graph goes up exactly by the same amount that the iOS graph goes down.

I'm really suspicious of the collected data. It is too much coincidence that during 12 months exactly the same trend was observed. It seems a calculation or programming error on the data collection.
  • Reply 114 of 114
    I do not believe this for a second. I had a Blackberry Tour and it was horrible. Chickenshit little screen and slow as molasses. Only faceless suits and jerkoffs who get them through work would use these POS.