Motorola Xoom featured in ad packed with Apple references

167891012»

Comments

• Reply 221 of 223
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Somehow, I doubt iPad users were the target of the ad. The ad speaks to people who identify with a shy, creative types who lust for Sarah Michelle Gellar in a white hoodie. A potentially huge market.

Hey! I'm a [relatively] creative type who really likes SMG. And that hoodie was cute!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Exactly. Apple stuff is bought by people who want it to buy it. Often, it is worth pointing out, because of another Apple product they already have that has convinced them Apple make great products. It is the opposite of mindlessness.

I used to use Windows, up until about 1995-ish. Then I started using Linux. Eventually, I was at the bar, and a guy had a 17" Titanium PowerBook behind the bar, with the iTunes visualizer playing. I was like, "What is that?!"

I soon bought a G4 TiPB, and I've never looked back since. Since then, I've bought a 20" iMac, a couple of iPods, a 13" MacBook, a 1G iPhone, a 3GS iPhone, a 27" iMac.

Why did I buy all of that stuff? Because my first experience with the TiPB and OSX was just awesome. I fell in love with it almost immediately, and each product I bought was better than the previous one. I absolutely adore my 27" iMac, for instance.

But if I had never had that first experience with the TiPB, I would never have owned all the rest of this stuff.
  • Reply 222 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

So Apple users are attractive mindless drones? What?

Yup, that about sums it up.