Apple sends out invites for iPad 2 media event on March 2

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 173
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jcoz View Post

I went to the pages where they go over the features of the ipad and iphone, that detail wasn't there.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

and also the store:

http://store.apple.com/us

It is obvious now, but when I went to look I simply did not look at the mac lineup, the comment I read was comparing the iphone and ipad, and I just focused in on those too much and missed the Forest for the trees in that regard. I clearly see now the line on the nano, macbook pros, imac, etc....

I asked for a link, particularly as I assume you pulled the image off the page - why not just link it from the get?

Are you as daft as you just made yourself out to be?

I didn't make the post you asked for a link to! hentaiboy did. I just provided the link to an apparent lazy whiner.

And http://www.apple.com/ipad/ does have the pic if you clicked on http://www.apple.com/ipad/features. Stopping an investigation at the top level link of a websiite and claiming something doesn't exist on the site is plain lazy and disingenuous

Quote:

I was a smart ass because that was the road you went down in your response, Implying people were idiots for not seeing it to begin with. I think you assumed some inference in my initial request and responded based on the assumption that I was calling you a liar, which I wasn't.

I had just been to numerous pages on apples site and had not run into the one you posted.

You were a smart ass because you took offense to being called lazy. Which you confirmed AGAIN by still not noticing that the original linker and the link provider (me) are different posters.

If it was so bloody simple for little old me to find the multiple versions of hentaiboy's pic without having posted it originally, you must have been really sloppy or not looking at all. Open your damn eyes and SEE! There's a whole damn world out there ready to be discovered if you are willing to actually pay attention to even gross level detail.
  • Reply 162 of 173
    jcozjcoz Posts: 251member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiro View Post

Are you as daft as you just made yourself out to be?

I didn't make the post you asked for a link to! hentaiboy did. I just provided the link to an apparent lazy whiner.

And http://www.apple.com/ipad/ does have the pic if you clicked on http://www.apple.com/ipad/features" target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/ipad/features. Stopping an investigation at the top level link of a websiite and claiming something doesn't exist on the site is plain lazy and disingenuous

No, that link you provided does not have those markings on the ipad renderings, unless my browser goes to a different page that yours.

Again, I never claimed it didn't exist, I said I didn't SEE IT. Asking for a link on a forum is pretty standard stuff. I didn't ask for it with any sort of attitude.

You brought the attitude.

Enough already, I said I went there but missed the forest for the trees by not looking around enough. It wasn't laziness, I went and looked, just obviously in the wrong places. You are giving me links even now that do not show what you are claiming they show.

For every picture you can link showing an ipad with that line, I can show you ten rendering on the apple site that do not, so I just dont get your pompous attitude.

I missed it and admitted as much.

Why you needed to post again berating me for that - I have no idea. Its seriously not a big deal. Ease up off your insults.
  • Reply 163 of 173
    Quote:

And http://www.apple.com/ipad/ does have the pic if you clicked on http://www.apple.com/ipad/features. Stopping an investigation at the top level link of a websiite and claiming something doesn't exist on the site is plain lazy and disingenuous

Seriously, both those links together have about 40 renderings of the ipad, and not a single one has that line.
  • Reply 164 of 173
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:

Why you needed to post again berating me for that - I have no idea. Its seriously not a big deal. Ease up off your insults.

Its a tough place AI. Tough but fair.
  • Reply 165 of 173
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Sometimes unfair.
  • Reply 166 of 173
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Seriously, both those links together have about 40 renderings of the ipad, and not a single one has that line.

I'm sorry to tell you, but they BOTH do.
  • Reply 167 of 173
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

You dont have to be sorry, I just dont get why I can't see it, I'd blame my eyes or my monitor, except I can clearly see it for the imac, macbook pro, iphone 4.

I dunno, maybe I'll take some screen shots and post some links to photobucket or something so others can see what I'm looking at....
  • Reply 168 of 173
    Quote:

Can you do me a favor?

Go to this link:http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/video.html#close

Click on the enlarge....can you see the line like the iphone 4 page? http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/

I don't see it, I dont see it on any of those ipad renderings, having trouble taking a screen shot.

Understand that at this point I'm just trying to see why I can't see the same things as others seem to on the same page, this has nothing to do with the invite or retina screens - the original post I responded to with the ipad rendering - I can see the line there as well, I just can't see it on the apple site renderings of the ipad....hence my asking for a link originally.
  • Reply 169 of 173
    Quote:

Quote:

You dont have to be sorry, I just dont get why I can't see it, I'd blame my eyes or my monitor, except I can clearly see it for the imac, macbook pro, iphone 4.

I dunno, maybe I'll take some screen shots and post some links to photobucket or something so others can see what I'm looking at....

Quote:

Can you do me a favor?

Go to this link:http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/video.html#close

Click on the enlarge....can you see the line like the iphone 4 page? http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/

I don't see it, I dont see it on any of those ipad renderings, having trouble taking a screen shot.

Understand that at this point I'm just trying to see why I can't see the same things as others seem to on the same page, this has nothing to do with the invite or retina screens - the original post I responded to with the ipad rendering - I can see the line there as well, I just can't see it on the apple site renderings of the ipad....hence my asking for a link originally.

Yeah, they did [del:do] have the lines as independently mentioned.

And why are you still harping about the iPhone renderings when the whole thread is about the iPad?

After a cache clearing, all I see are smoothly graduated reflections now with the reflection coming from a less distinct and slightly different angle, upper right vs lower right. So sometime over the past day or two Apple has changed the graphics on the site to a less reflective iPad screen, makes sense given the rumors of a different screen coating. Up until the graphics change though, the invite image was the same one they previously had on the site. I didn't think Safari was using cached images that stale, so maybe it changed earlier today, or maybe Safari is that aggressive. Either way, hentaiboy's image came from one of the images previously available in www.apple.com/ipad/features or several pages linked off that page.
  • Reply 170 of 173
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

Yep. You can see it in this stock photo from Apple's website. Do people seriously think the invite photo is iPad 2.0?

Another thing I cannot see on any other photo of the ipad is the discolored and uneven line on the bottom bezel, where you can see different shades of black through the top 1/3 of the bottom bezel.......

I mean, I see on the apple site where every top right corner of the ipad renderings is that greyish foggy effect which goes to deep black, but none have the distinct line this photo/rendering has....on the site, that greyish fog goes up to/past the clock on the ipad, this shows half the amount of gray and it doesnt fade to black, its a distinct line.

This is the actual one from the apple site:

• Reply 171 of 173
    Quote:

Yeah, they do have the lines as independently mentioned. Either fix you monitor, or fix your eyes. Acting like a continuous asshat only works when your not 100% wrong.

And why are you still harping about the iPhone renderings when the whole post is about the iPad?

Dude I dont think you are really understanding my tone.

I'm not pompously claiming I'm right, and I'm not intentionally ignoring something obvious.

Like I said, I'd gladly admit that it is either my eyes, my monitor or both.

I keep pointing to the iphone because its obvious to me there, and imac, and macbook pro, and macbook, and itouch, and ipod nano......and not on the ipad.

Look maybe I havent been entirely clear:

Being that the imac and macbook pro's have that, it clearly isn't some symbol for retina.

Being that its on the white macbook and ipod nano, it clearly doesn't even mean hi-res screen.

So there is nothing to glean from it. Its not some clue for anything, IMO. Even if I was correct that the line wasn't there, it doesn't say ANYTHING beyond that.
  • Reply 172 of 173
    Quote:

Dude I dont think you are really understanding my tone.

I'm not pompously claiming I'm right, and I'm not intentionally ignoring something obvious.

Like I said, I'd gladly admit that it is either my eyes, my monitor or both.

I keep pointing to the iphone because its obvious to me there, and imac, and macbook pro, and macbook, and itouch, and ipod nano......and not on the ipad.

Look maybe I havent been entirely clear:

Being that the imac and macbook pro's have that, it clearly isn't some symbol for retina.

Being that its on the white macbook and ipod nano, it clearly doesn't even mean hi-res screen.

So there is nothing to glean from it. Its not some clue for anything, IMO. Even if I was correct that the line wasn't there, it doesn't say ANYTHING beyond that.

Look above, I cleared my Safari cache and am now seeing a different image. I don't care about whether you like my tone or not, you were asking/whinging when the images were still the same as those posted and you were still daft enough to keep accusing me of not providing the link originally, even when I wasn't the one who posted the link. Your attention to detail has been abysmal from word go.

I did edit my first line because I cannot say with 100% certainty when the images changed or in what order the servers pushed the changes to the world. So you are getting all the benefit of the doubt I'm willing to give only because the world is a changed place. The fact flounder still saw the hard edged reflection at around 3pm PST indicates the change was happening sometime this afternoon Pacific time. I can't beat you over the head anymore because the images are changed, but at least three of us have seen/posted and linked them while they were the previous images. Oh well, stuff happens.

The fact Apple is tweaking their website in the 48 hours of run-up to the March 2 event isn't surprising. I think the new graphics do tend to indicate the iPad won't change much visually. Apple is just playing the reflection marketing game differently to counter Amazon.

i doub't this has anything to do with a retina display, it just has to do with a less reflective display, and probably subtly so.
  • Reply 173 of 173
    Quote:

Look above, I cleared my Safari cache and am now seeing a different image. I don't care about whether you like my tone or not, you were asking/whinging when the images were still the same as those posted and you were still daft enough to keep accusing me of not providing the link originally, even when I wasn't the one who posted the link. Your attention to detail has been abysmal from word go.

I did edit my first line because I cannot say with 100% certainty when the images changed or in what order the servers pushed the changes to the world. So you are getting all the benefit of the doubt I'm willing to give only because the world is a changed place. The fact flounder still saw the hard edged reflection at around 3pm PST indicates the change was happening sometime this afternoon Pacific time. I can't beat you over the head anymore because the images are changed, but at least three of us have seen/posted and linked them while they were the previous images. Oh well, stuff happens.

The fact Apple is tweaking their website in the 48 hours of run-up to the March 2 event isn't surprising. I think the new graphics do tend to indicate the iPad won't change much visually. Apple is just playing the reflection marketing game differently to counter Amazon.

i doub't this has anything to do with a retina display, it just has to do with a less reflective display, and probably subtly so.

I don't keep accusing you of anything, you pointed it out (that you werent the poster) after I made those comments, you were correct, end of story, you really have nothing to do with it, aside from the fact that you are calling me daft repeatedly for nothing.

I posted the image that I've always seen in my edited post.

I already said that it doesnt mean retina, or high res, it doesn't mean anything AFAIC.

Its really moot, you see now the same images I always did. Thats all I was trying to get to the bottom of.

Simple deduction already proved that whether or not the ipad gets an upgraded screen, it will have exactly shit to do with that line or their graphics. That was obvious the second you see it on the white macbook, none of this was about that, at least my comment.

Anyways end of story.