New book reveals Apple's Steve Jobs was targeted for role of Google CEO

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

That your either disingenuous or clueless - which is it?

Bud, better re read your 1st post - it doesn't make any sense. If you can't see it, I feel sorry for you.

And for you putting up a link in your second post to me to the prototype android device, couldn't you be assed to see someone already posted it and made the point already?
  • Reply 82 of 88
    guch20guch20 Posts: 173member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tipt View Post

I might be on the fence about the search part...some of the results for the past....ohh several months at least are questionable.

There is opportunity for a search company to take no. 1 spot I think because of how poorly Google has been getting at search. Nevermind the fact that Google keeps signing me out of my email. I don't know what is going on over at Google, but maybe they are spreading themselves too wide or getting lazy.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice Google's search results falling apart lately.

I've been using Bing as my primary search engine ever since Google turned their back on consumers regarding Net Neutrality, but I would sneak back to Google whenever I would try to search for something on Bing and didn't get a good result.

For the past few months, I've had to sneak back much less often. This is because Bing has gotten far better while Google has gotten worse. I don't know what it is, but I'm glad I made the switch when I did, or I'd be one angry Google user.
  • Reply 83 of 88
    guch20guch20 Posts: 173member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sprockkets View Post

You won't answer my question because it requires you to admit you are wrong.

The G1's form factor came from an older HTC WinMob phone. Later on they came out with a keyboardless form factor. Even then, the UI, menu and other elements are not from Apple, and it excels in a few other areas as well. Both form factors are in use to this day.

In fact, the LG Prada was demoed first and made the iphone looked liked they copied from them. It just goes to show you, Apple isn't the only person who had a light go off to use a capcitive touch screen with icons.

Please tell me you're not really this stupid. I mean, tell me it's all just an act you're putting on to see how big a blind troll you can be before you dust off your hands and say "Okay guys, I was joking. I'm not that stupid."
  • Reply 84 of 88
    taniatania Posts: 63member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by guch20 View Post

Please tell me you're not really this stupid. I mean, tell me it's all just an act you're putting on to see how big a blind troll you can be before you dust off your hands and say "Okay guys, I was joking. I'm not that stupid."

he's a troll. don't waste your energy on this one. didn't AI used to have an ignore this poster feature a while back?
  • Reply 85 of 88
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tania View Post

he's a troll. don't waste your energy on this one. didn't AI used to have an ignore this poster feature a while back?

Yeah, but it's hard to find if you don't know where to look.

Click on the user's name on the left hand side of any post, from the dropdown menu select "View Public Profile", then on the next screen click on the User List dropdown and select "Add to Ignore List".

Note that every time someone quotes them, you'll still see what they wrote. vBulletin hasn't found a solution to that yet.
  • Reply 86 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by guch20 View Post

Or you can actually look it up yourself and see similar features. Seriously.

Sure, it ran a flash based gui. But the overall concepts are right there, right to the bottom 4 buttons.

Or you can be a ignorant apple apologist who wear's glasses made by DED.
  • Reply 87 of 88
    taniatania Posts: 63member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John.B View Post

Yeah, but it's hard to find if you don't know where to look.

Click on the user's name on the left hand side of any post, from the dropdown menu select "View Public Profile", then on the next screen click on the User List dropdown and select "Add to Ignore List"..

hey thanks for the tip. it only collapsed the post though, i was hoping it would completely be hidden. still beats than not having the option at all. again, thanks.