Superbowl

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well, it's finally getting interesting. Too little too late for Oakland. If they had converted some of those 2 point conversions, it would have been VERY interesting.

Alas, not really an interesting game and no Apple ad.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 63
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Nope. I checked <a href="http://www.adage.com/page.cms?pageId=967"; target="_blank">this</a> before the game, and didn't really have a reason to go. Damn.
  • Reply 2 of 63
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    The Matrix trailer was the best thing.
  • Reply 3 of 63
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Well if it 'was' interesting, it isn't now.

Another TB touchdown. That's the game folks!
  • Reply 4 of 63
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Have the fans started ripping up the city yet? They ought to put a play by play and color commentary guy in a police chopper and broadcast that on a specialty channel instead. Superbowl = boring.
  • Reply 5 of 63
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    What a boring game. Not even the ads were any good. I didn't even really see the Matrix trailer because I was too busy playing with my new computer
  • Reply 6 of 63
    That was unnecessary. He should have run out of bounds. Lame.
  • Reply 6 of 63
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Now it's REALLY over.

48-21

What a horrible game.
  • Reply 8 of 63
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Very boring. Both teams IMHO performed poorly. Here's to the Ravens in '04!
  • Reply 8 of 63
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    L O L

I favored the Bucs, but wow...that was a poor showing on the Raide O-Line's part.
  • Reply 10 of 63
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    [quote]Originally posted by torifile:

<strong>That was unnecessary. He should have run out of bounds. Lame.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ha? who cares if it was unnecessary... it's still part of the game... i think it would have be lame to run out of bounds. I'm not even a TB fan.
  • Reply 11 of 63
    [quote]Originally posted by Dogcow:

<strong>

Ha? who cares if it was unnecessary... it's still part of the game... i think it would have be lame to run out of bounds. I'm not even a TB fan.</strong><hr></blockquote>

i actually didn't care who won, but I'm a Tar Heel, so being classy in victory (as well as defeat) is really important to me. Running up the score is not classy.

[ 01-26-2003: Message edited by: torifile ]</p>
  • Reply 12 of 63
    Huh? It was an easy score. It wasn't like he had to make an effort to do it. Running up the score to me is more like having your offense on the field and throwing passes and kicking a field goal while you've already put the game away.

What do you expect, Smith just drops the ball immediately after making the interception? Maybe you'd prefer him to hand the ball back to Gannon? He had an open lane with ONE guy in his way.

If he was in the middle of a swarm, kneeling down would have been an option, but you don't just stop playing in the middle of a play. You either make a play or you don't.

[ 01-26-2003: Message edited by: Eugene ]</p>
  • Reply 13 of 63
    Going out of bounds at the one would have been classy. I never said he shouldn't have made the interception. The game was over. There was no need for another score. That's something Steve Spurrier does. Something Coach K does. I guess it's something the Tampa defense does too.
  • Reply 14 of 63
    I never see people who catch wide open interceptions just run out of bounds or kneel down. Do you? I only see that happen in the end-zone...but that's because it's a touchback. I agree that if your offense is on the field, you don't run up the score. Gruden did that. But in the middle of a spontaneous play with a wide open lane, what in the hell are you going to do? I'll do what everybody minus torifile would do.
  • Reply 14 of 63
    yeah north carolina doesn't seem to be able to run up the score anymore do they?....just kidding!

if the raiders are still passing i'm still gonna try to score. and you're going to tell a guy who may never ever get to the super bowl again that he can't do something only a handful of defensive players have done ? (scoring two touchdowns)
  • Reply 16 of 63
    No kidding, superkaratemonkeydeathcar. Defensive backs don't get any glory. They have to tiptoe around receivers or get huge fines. They only score so many times in their career...and torifile's gotta blame them for making fabulous picks...

And not only that, it IS the Super Bowl. It's the biggest stage the NFL has. I don't expect either team to just stop what they're doing. Not the Redskins in their win over the Broncos...not the Niners in their win over the Broncos or Chargers either.

[ 01-26-2003: Message edited by: Eugene ]</p>
  • Reply 17 of 63
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    a. was it a boring game? not towards the end. the raiders had a chance until about 2 minutes left. yes, the first 40 minutes were lopsided. me being the biggest bucs fan on earth could not care less. i was cheering my goddamned head off. this must be what all those fairweather fans acted like when their teams would trounce in the super bowls year after year. but the bitter taste of 1980-1998 allows me just one chance to actually cheer like there was no tomorrow.

b. you never EVER stop running. period. get over yourselves. all it would take is a fluke play at the one (and don't act like you've never seen it happen), and the raiders could have been less than a touchdown down.

true, nothing could compare to the amazing super bowl of last year. simply the most awesome ending i have ever seen, next to the "one yard short" ending to the rams/titans super bowl. this, for me and everyone in central florida, is just as sweet. if the raiders wanted to make it interesting, perhaps they should have acted like it was the freakin' SUPER BOWL a little earlier.

no one can ever, EVER, EEEEEVVVVVEEEERRRR take this one away from the bucs. i've gotten calls tonight from people from high school i never though i would hear from again. the suffering was so long in tampa bay. don't ever let anyone ever doubt...

tampa bay didn't "not lose the super bowl," they WON the super bowl.

[ 01-26-2003: Message edited by: rok ]</p>
  • Reply 18 of 63
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Why can't Marv Alberts say "Reebok"? It's always "Ree-back".

idiot
  • Reply 19 of 63
    [quote]Originally posted by torifile:

<strong>Going out of bounds at the one would have been classy. I never said he shouldn't have made the interception. The game was over. There was no need for another score. That's something Steve Spurrier does. Something Coach K does. I guess it's something the Tampa defense does too. </strong><hr></blockquote>

That's what I was thinking about for a while after the play. Indeed, the classy move would have been to go out of bounds. You at least have to admit, going out of bounds would have been classier than going for the score with moments remaining to put your winning team up by more than twice the score of your opponent.
  • Reply 20 of 63
    [quote]Originally posted by superkaratemonkeydeathcar:

<strong>you're going to tell a guy who may never ever get to the super bowl again that he can't do something only a handful of defensive players have done ? (scoring two touchdowns)</strong><hr></blockquote>

That makes an even better case for the classiness of NOT going in for the touchdown. The time was almost up, and they were going to win anyway.