Microsoft's preview of Windows 8 has developers 'horrified' - report

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 84
    v5vv5v Posts: 1,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dreamsburnred View Post

Desktops and laptops are dead.

For you maybe, but not me. I have some doubts about an iPad being a viable platform for post production work!
  • Reply 82 of 84
    firefly7475firefly7475 Posts: 1,502member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fake_William_Shatner View Post

Well, let's think about the current trends and marketing hype that MS marketing is sure to latch onto -- about these names;

Windows HD

Windows 3D

Windows OPEN

Windows Web

Have they ever called a Windows version by a common marketing name?

My vote goes for plain old Windows 8. Windows 7 has been incredibly popular and Windows 8 just sounds to me (and I'm sure to mainstream users) like "the next version of Windows 7".

Windows 8 would probably go down nicely in China as well

If Microsoft were to go with a name, I think they would stick with something cloud-ish since Windows 8 will be Microsoft's first desktop "cloud OS". Maybe Windows Stratus?
  • Reply 83 of 84
    aknabiaknabi Posts: 211member
    Quote:

Good that Microsoft for seeking to simplify Windows 8, but I'm sorry. Desktops and laptops are dead. After I get my iPad 2 I dont think i'll ever need to use a "full" computer ever again.

Hell im even on Ubuntu at the moment .

Yeah... computers are dead... because I do everything with my HP-41c calculator.

Ever since having spaghetti I realize all other food is useless...

Just because you don't need to it doesn't mean it's dead... think before typing
  • Reply 84 of 84
    shaminoshamino Posts: 527member
    Quote:

Good that Microsoft for seeking to simplify Windows 8, but I'm sorry. Desktops and laptops are dead. After I get my iPad 2 I dont think i'll ever need to use a "full" computer ever again.

Hell im even on Ubuntu at the moment .

Ubuntu's not a "full" computer system? Since when?