Google's Schmidt: Apple responding to Android with lawsuits, not innovation

Comments

• Reply 141 of 228
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brainless View Post

Have you seen this :

http://www.htc.com/cz/product/chacha/specification.html

This is actual Android device, released in 2011.

The fact that old photo of android prototype had a thumbnail keyboard, which was popular at that time, and seems still has enough fans that it is worth releasing new model now, doesn't automatically mean, that Android in 2007 was only capable running on the keyboard-driven phone. There was a touchscreen support from the very beginning.

I don't think so FANDROID
  • Reply 142 of 228
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Really, Eric? REALLY? Is that the nonsensical shit Google is paying you millions to say? I'd charge a lot less to say the same idiotic things, ohh and I look a lot less of a dick as he does.
  • Reply 143 of 228
    brainlessbrainless Posts: 272member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maccherry View Post

Eric Schmidt is using the word innovation out of context. Google doesn't do a damn thing but make the software that piggybacks on massively produced, subsidized hardware.

Apple on the other hand makes their mobile OS and their hardware(to an extent).

Apple has 100% control of iSO while their competitors ain't got jack!

iPhone is often massively subsidized as well. Android manufacturers have 100% control of the OS too, because it is open source. Lot of them innovate. The home screen of iOS 5 copies ideas HTC introduced in latest version of Sense UI (specifically - quick launch of applications from home). There is very little difference, and you provided no hints how this makes the innovation out of context.
  • Reply 144 of 228
    brainlessbrainless Posts: 272member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FriedLobster View Post

Great, deep, convincing argument. Congratulations.
  • Reply 145 of 228
    zaim2zaim2 Posts: 45member
    Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FJHY...ailpage#t=173s
  • Reply 146 of 228
    swiftswift Posts: 436member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cloudgazer View Post

Google's approach to IP is different, partly because they are primarily a server side firm. Mostly rather than patent something such as their search-rank algorithm, they will prefer to keep it as a trade secret. They do have patents for example on MapReduce, but most of their IP crown jewels like BigTable and GFS are closely held secrets.

It's important to realize that the price of a patent includes the necessity of publication. Everyone knows what's in your secret sauce.
  • Reply 147 of 228
    Eric Schimdt. Here's Google's track record on innovation.

Blogspot = Acquisition / DEAD

Youtube = Acquisition / Money-losing operation

Gmail = copied from hotmail/yahoo mail/etc. / Money-losing operation

Google+ = copied from FB/Twitter

Google Wave = Flop

Google Buzz = Flop

Google Video = Flop / Google Tried to copy youtube but FAILED

Picasa = Flop / Google Copied Flickr

Google Docs/Apps = Ms Office Rip-off

Android = iPhone rip-off

HoneyComb = iPad rip-off

Google TV = Apple TV rip OFF / FLOP
  • Reply 148 of 228
    Quote:

Great, deep, convincing argument. Congratulations.

Sorry i thought you were joking.
  • Reply 149 of 228
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 150 of 228
    here's the difference my Fandroid friend.

Apple = innovation + marketing + distribution

Google = Theft + crummy ads

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Yep, using celebrities is something Apple would never do.

• Reply 151 of 228
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Yep, using celebrities is something Apple would never do.

Apple's marketing is backed by innovative products.

Google is trying to market a crappy 2nd rate me-too version of Facebook/twitter.
  • Reply 152 of 228
    steven n.steven n. Posts: 1,229member

And shows second generation (after they realized something beyond BB) prototype. It is amazing, however, just how laggy the OS is compared to the first Gen iPhone as well as a "Zoom" menu.
  • Reply 153 of 228
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cloudgazer View Post

Google's approach to IP is different, partly because they are primarily a server side firm. Mostly rather than patent something such as their search-rank algorithm, they will prefer to keep it as a trade secret. They do have patents for example on MapReduce, but most of their IP crown jewels like BigTable and GFS are closely held secrets.

The bottom line is google wants to be able to copy others but doesn't want to be copied themselves.
  • Reply 154 of 228
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    Google+ is actually #WINNING! I like it even though I am skeptical of Google in general.
  • Reply 155 of 228
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    Schmidt is so dull, that's the best he can come up with.
  • Reply 156 of 228
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    Quote:

here's the difference my Fandroid friend.

Apple = innovation + marketing + distribution

Google = Theft + crummy ads

Google = theft + spyware + crummy ads

Corrected that for you.
  • Reply 157 of 228
    Quote:

OMG, this is beyond funny. How you explain that ES got to the Apple's Board of Directors ? Do you think he bribed Jobs or something, or perhaps wore an invisible suit, sitting in the corner and recorded everything ? It was move of Apple as they thought it might help them...as you probably know, Apple was deep in trouble in that time.

Information about Google acquiring Android was public, so it was no secret to Apple that Google was creating their own mobile OS...yet Apple decided to do no move, and it is Schmidt who takes all the blame, even if it is not clear if he really "stole" anything during his BOD stay ?

There is a positive thing about these lawsuits, that those ridiculous patents, that clearly cover insane broad concepts or prior art, hopefully get examined by the court and get voided as a result.

Wow I'M GLAD SOMEONE has common sense here. This is ridiculous. We live in a very broad world. Many people make computers but HP doesn't blame Apple for copying laptops, Ford doesnt blame GM for making a muscle car, they compete. This is the most ridiculous fight. Apple looks stupid, and everyone of you sticking up for them are stupid.

Things evolve. Look how landlines went from the spinner, to the regular buttons, to wireless handsets. Many brands made them, but did they all do the same thing, with similar appearance and carry out the same function?

Most people defending for Apple need to move to China and live with communism. They can put their loyalty in something there, but here it is suppose to be a free market. One where companies can COMPETE for rights to a customer.

You idiots don't understand all this licensing a power button on the top of a phone, or home button at the bottom, or mic at the top for background noise assistance is RAISING YOUR CONSUMER paid prices. Lets all pay more because these greedy ass companies want to have a piss fight.

I love Apple. I am a web developer, all of my computers are apple. Everyone in my family has an iPhone. I own ipods, apple tv, I'm a huge advocate. THIS is taking it too far, defending saying androids are copying the iPhone.. lol
  • Reply 158 of 228
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

Google = theft + spyware + crummy ads

Corrected that for you.

thx
  • Reply 159 of 228
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

And yet, despite numerous opportunities to deny that you are working for Google, you haven't done so.

I never thought you were seriously suggesting it

No, I don't work for Google. Good to see you staying in character tho, ever the funny little guy.
  • Reply 160 of 228
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nickmccally View Post

Wow I'M GLAD SOMEONE has common sense here. This is ridiculous. We live in a very broad world. Many people make computers but HP doesn't blame Apple for copying laptops, Ford doesnt blame GM for making a muscle car, they compete. This is the most ridiculous fight. Apple looks stupid, and everyone of you sticking up for them are stupid.

Things evolve. Look how landlines went from the spinner, to the regular buttons, to wireless handsets. Many brands made them, but did they all do the same thing, with similar appearance and carry out the same function?

Most people defending for Apple need to move to China and live with communism. They can put their loyalty in something there, but here it is suppose to be a free market. One where companies can COMPETE for rights to a customer.

You idiots don't understand all this licensing a power button on the top of a phone, or home button at the bottom, or mic at the top for background noise assistance is RAISING YOUR CONSUMER paid prices. Lets all pay more because these greedy ass companies want to have a piss fight.

I love Apple. I am a web developer, all of my computers are apple. Everyone in my family has an iPhone. I own ipods, apple tv, I'm a huge advocate. THIS is taking it too far, defending saying androids are copying the iPhone.. lol

You are wrong and you seem to be foaming at the mouth a little.