March Madness

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It's almost here....conference tournaments right now...automatic bids being handed out already....selection Sunday this Sunday. Whos schools are gonna be participatin in the big dance this year? I know that if you any of you play Cincinnati yall need to watch out. I was thinkin we could get an official AI NCAA Tournament pool goin, with all of us fillin out brackets and a point system awarded for each round and game. Whos in?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 64
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    I'd be in for a AI pool... I know in the dorms last year a bunch of us just used the ESPN tourney bracket contest to fill out brackets and just used thier point system.

Some of the conference tourneys have been interesting, a lot of the mid-major conferences have had some upsets, though Gonzaga, Butler should probably still get in.

Oh yeah, Go Gators!!!
  • Reply 2 of 64
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Butler is a lock for an at-large bid I think. What will piss me off is if in one of the major conferences a low seed team ends up winning a conference tournament and bumps one of the mid major schools that deserves to get in out. Thats where the system is flawed. Oh and BTW, I hate Florida.
  • Reply 3 of 64
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Hell yeah I'd be down with that. Last year I picked Indiana to win it all sooo close!!
  • Reply 4 of 64
    i would enjoy that. i'm a big ten fan so it won't be that much fun for me this year, but......if illinois can string 5 intelligently played games in a row, they could get to the final four.
  • Reply 5 of 64
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by Argento:

<strong>Hell yeah I'd be down with that. Last year I picked Indiana to win it all sooo close!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Are you serious? Maryland was such a no-brainer last year. It was like the only pick I got right last year. :/ Bring on the AI Tourney bracket. I'm ready. Go Heels!!! (Maybe next year.)
  • Reply 6 of 64
    Hehe. I picked Kent State to the Elite 8 last year, I doubt many of you can say the same thing.
  • Reply 7 of 64
    So that's all we have? What are you guys a bunch of crackers or something?

Huge upsets taking place in the conference tourneys. Should be an interesting day tomorrow.
  • Reply 8 of 64
    I'm in. we could use the NCAA tournament software apps.. check versiontracker.com

I'm hoping Carmello Anthony can take the 'Cuse to a title, before he jumps ship to the L next year.
  • Reply 9 of 64
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    UNC beats Duke last week! Whoo-hoo!

UNC beats Maryland yesterday! Whoo-hoo!

UNC gets their clocks cleaned by Duke today! Er... damn.
  • Reply 10 of 64
    [quote]Originally posted by sobelizzard:

<strong>I'm hoping Carmello Anthony can take the 'Cuse to a title, before he jumps ship to the L next year.</strong><hr></blockquote>

He's a great player.

Personally, I'm from Gmac's hometown of Scranton, Pennsylvania, so Gerry McNamara is my favorite player. You should see the kind of attention he gets. About 2000 Scrantonians make the trip to Syracuse for every home game. We all love him.
  • Reply 11 of 64
    Yea, we will use the software to organize the pool, lets all decide on the best one to use. I will organize everything so all you guys need to do is give me your picks once the brackets come out today (or before the first game starts) and youre good to go.

Duke-NC State really close right now and the Buckeyes are playing to get in the dance!
  • Reply 12 of 64
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    im in
  • Reply 13 of 64
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    me too

what about <a href="http://macnn.com/rd.php?id=5657"; target="_blank">this</a> software?

I think you can even put it online
  • Reply 14 of 64
    osxaddictosxaddict Posts: 131member
    I would be in but I would win so easily. I mean...come on. Last time Kentucky went undefeated in their conference was in 96.

Who won the NCAA championship in 96?

Oh yeah..Kentucky.

Go Big Blue!!
  • Reply 15 of 64
    Brackets are out!! Man...I do not like these brackets. The seedings are f*cked up, and they sent Cincy out West AGAIN to play none other than Gonzaga in the first round.

I thought Tennessee shouldve gotten in...as well as SEton Hall. UT got robbed though.

Creighton a #6?!?!??! Should be higher

Florida a #2?!?!?! Overrated. Duke is also overrated too.

Paul- The software you mentioned you have to pay for and looks harder to set up. Since I'm already signed up for the Yahoo! Pick Em how bout I create a private group for us and we do it like that? If I can get confirmation then I will set one up and tell everyone the name and password. I will make the deadline to enter by Wednesday night.

I've defintely got a lot of upsets so far in my bracket.
  • Reply 16 of 64
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    No Paul, you're not in.

I feel really bad for BC fans. I really do.

*does a dance*

I mean come on, BC lost to Northeastern. Northeastern!

[ 03-16-2003: Message edited by: Fran441 ]</p>
  • Reply 17 of 64
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Yahoo sounds good to me as far as picking the teams. And yeah, no way Florida should have been a 2, I was figuring either 3 or 4. Wow, Duke's a 3? I didn't even notice at first.
  • Reply 18 of 64
    The AI pool is up on Yahoo's Pick Em! Here is the info for everyone to join:

Group ID#: 57830

Group Name: AppleInsider

Group Password: TigerWoods99

My name on there is BearcatBracketBuster.

Let me know if you have problems joining our group.
  • Reply 19 of 64
    Just curious... this pool is just for fun only, correct?
  • Reply 20 of 64
    Yep. Cant exactly make it for money since its for an online community can we now? Its for bragging rights!