Originally posted by torifile

Cincinni.... c h o k e

Hows the NIT field this year?
  • Reply 42 of 64
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TigerWoods99

Hows the NIT field this year?

Half the teams in that field could beat half the teams in the NCAA's. Tennessee got screwed. So did BC. UNC had too many losses but could have at least made the Sweet 16. I'm not complaining....

And I'm glad cincy gets in the tourney every year because it's an easy game to get right.
  • Reply 43 of 64
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    I just saw the replay of that Wisc-Milwaukee/Notre Dame game... oh man that guy is an idiot, can't hit a point-blank layup. Really close games almost all around except for the 1-16 games thoiugh... my 5 games I missed were lost by a combined 25 pts or some such (I think 13 of those by the Dayton-Tulsa game). Blah. Time for day two!
  • Reply 44 of 64
    Aggghhhh!!! F'ing Maryland. Jeez. Don't choke.
  • Reply 45 of 64
    You're telling me... I figured they'd get up to the Sweet 16, I didn't think NC-wilmington would cause this much trouble. C'mon Maryland, beat them! \

Edit: Now that's what I call March Madness.... awesome 3 point basket to win the game!
  • Reply 46 of 64
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    well I'm ****ed heh
  • Reply 47 of 64
    Indiana...Indiana....Indiana we're all for you!!!!!!!
  • Reply 48 of 64
    I would have been through if Maryland hadn't pulled it out. That was too close for comfort.
  • Reply 49 of 64
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Don't take the big ten so lightly. They aren't as bad as everyone thinks, even though Illinois played terribly today. I think Wisconsin will win, but things could get rough for the big ten this round. MSU could beat florida, or they could get blown out. It all depends on which team decides to show up.

Man, Marcus Taylor was stupid. If he'd stayed in school MSU would be a definite final four contender and he might have gotten good enough not to get cut by the NBA developmental leauge......
  • Reply 50 of 64
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    IF YOU LIKE BASKETBALL OR NEVERMIND THAT.... IF YOU HAVE EVER HEARD OF BASKETBALL......

TURN ON THE ARIZONA V. GONZAGA GAME NOW TURN ON THE ARIZONA V. GONZAGA GAME NOW
  • Reply 51 of 64
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    HELL YEA.
  • Reply 52 of 64
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Wow....just watched that Gonzaga game. Cant be ashamed losing to that team. What an incredible game and effort by both teams...just kept matching each other with big baskets. Cant believe Blake Stepp missed that at the last second...shot it too hard off the glass. Blake is tha sh*t, and Gonzaga will be back next year. Damn, shouldve won that game. They were able to stay in it and go to double OT even after Turiaf fouled out.

Oh and that Wisconsin-Tulsa game too.....damnit Tulsa had that game!!! They got a squad.
  • Reply 53 of 64
    Quote:

Originally posted by TigerWoods99

Wow....just watched that Gonzaga game. Cant be ashamed losing to that team. What an incredible game and effort by both teams...just kept matching each other with big baskets. Cant believe Blake Stepp missed that at the last second...shot it too hard off the glass. Blake is tha sh*t, and Gonzaga will be back next year. Damn, shouldve won that game. They were able to stay in it and go to double OT even after Turiaf fouled out.

Oh and that Wisconsin-Tulsa game too.....damnit Tulsa had that game!!! They got a squad.

Agghhh! I had the zags picked to beat arizona. That would have been sweet. double ot. This is what the NCAA's are all about. Too bad i didn't get my upset. Now my bracket is f*cked.
  • Reply 54 of 64
    Lol... so far conservative picks have been the way to go, which is what I mostly did, not many upsets in the second round, with the exceptions being the 5-4 matches. Good for me!

And yeah, the Arizona-Gonzaga game was great.
  • Reply 55 of 64
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    WOW how about that Louisville-Butler game? Best 3-pointer exhibition by two teams I've ever seen!

If Butler plays like that against Oklahoma, they're going to the Final Four.
  • Reply 56 of 64
    BUTLER !!!!! WHAT!!! BULLDOGS!!!!
  • Reply 57 of 64
    Quote:

Originally posted by FormerLurker

WOW how about that Louisville-Butler game? Best 3-pointer exhibition by two teams I've ever seen!

If Butler plays like that against Oklahoma, they're going to the Final Four.

Should be a better game than the last 2 match-ups for oklahoma but i wouldn't get to excited yet. oklahoma has one of the best defense in all of college hoops and they are more than capable of dropping the threes as well. to beat OU you have to be more physical than they are on the boards. having hollis price only at about 80% will make it easier for butler, but price at 80% is better than most players at 100%.
  • Reply 58 of 64
    I have Oklahoma picked, but I dont care now. Butler all the frickin way. Too bad my dream final four cant take place...that would have to be Butler, SIU, Creighton, and uh...throw in UConn or somebody from the South.

Marquette is gonna skool the Pitt Panthers. Dwayne Wade gonna slam all over those cats.
  • Reply 59 of 64
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    I have Michigan State going to the final game, but losing to Kentucky, so far so good! Big Ten baby!!!
  • Reply 60 of 64

Quick Prediction: UConn over Texas tomorrow. I look for the Huskies to be the surprise and biggest sleeper team in the Final Four. Maryland should bounce Michigan State.

I havent checked the standings of our pool but regardless I will have the national champ correct.