Apple to hold media event hosted by CEO Tim Cook on Oct. 4 - report

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thompr View Post

I agree, but it assumes that he is in steady health. How likely do you consider that scenario to be?

Thompson

I wouldn't even think of placing odds on the health of someone I do not know. It's merely a hope.
  • Reply 82 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rockarollr View Post

QUOTE:

Last edited by lundy; Today at 10:14 AM.. Reason: Dumbass didn't know or care the photo was fake

Is it really necessary for an ADMIN to call a member "Dumbass" when editing a post? I mean, really man. That just shows you really have no business being an admin @ AI at all. I think we all here are behind Apple and Steve Jobs 100%, but that was very poor judgement, lundy... very poor. \

Wow... I honestly didn't know it was fake... The picture was linked from an article not on TMZ's website as I never go there...

I only wanted to add to the discussion...
  • Reply 83 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrmj2u View Post

Wow... I honestly didn't know it was fake... The picture was linked from an article not on TMZ's website as I never go there...

I only wanted to add to the discussion...

Maybe the Admin will give himself an infraction for insults.
  • Reply 84 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by saarek View Post

Man, it's so hard. Luckily for me when I wake up AI has articles promising me my new iPhone in October..... then at the end of the day I usually see an article claiming that it's all a lie and that Apple have decided that the world will just have to wait because they can't be assed to release it until next year! I then usually cry myself to sleep cradling my old, battle scarred iPhone 3GS promising it that soon, soon it will be laid to rest in a nice comfortable draw with it's older comrades in arms from Apple history.

Yeah... First World Problems... Suffering waiting for a new iPhone
  • Reply 85 of 86
    Quote:

Sadly, I would be surprised to see Jobs. Steve Jobs loves Apple, and he is an absolute workaholic. He maintained his title of CEO through two very risky periods and surgeries, and he continued making appearances even as his health significantly deteriorated right before our eyes. I believe that he is so dedicated that he would never have given up his position as CEO of Apple unless his health has deteriorated even more than the last time he made a public appearance... and he looked very very ill then.

The bottom line is that I would not be surprised if Steve Jobs is done putting in public appearances. His health is simply really that bad. :-(

Thompson

Yes, given how bad he looked at his last appearance, and a little slow to warm up, if he's resigned that means he probably is looking worse now. Even if he looks a little better any appearance by him in person would cloud the iPhone5 presentation. A video message will be nice to see how he is but if we don't even get that then that can be a little scary.

Blessings for your path Steve.
  • Reply 86 of 86
    Quote:

You really REALLY want this to happen on the 27th!

What is your evidence for this, other than your long held belief? Did it start with a rumor that had no more solid evidence than the new ones?

Thompson

It's too late for the 27th... It would be quite last minute for Apple.