Apple invites press to 'talk iPhone' at media event on Oct. 4

Comments

• Reply 21 of 188
    Gust of Fresh Air!

Exciting times ahead.
  • Reply 22 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eksodos View Post

Hell yeah I'm ordering 10 of everything they announce, definitely!!!! I'm so excited for this moment to arrive, this will be the happiest day of my life.

At least you've got your priorities in life all figured out.
  • Reply 23 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I look forward to all the wild theories about the teaser image.

number 1 next to phone icon, could it be that Apple is releasing just 1 iPhone? "lets talk iPhone- singular-hmmm.
  • Reply 24 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Couldn't this be a voice mail instead of a missed call? It would make more sense.

"Sorry, I'm running late (by four months). Be there shortly."
  • Reply 25 of 188
    will there be live telecast from apple?
  • Reply 26 of 188
    and you guys were hoping for something to talk about...
  • Reply 27 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

I hope it's not all iPhone and we get some new iPods to.

same here! i still dont have a "smart phone" and wont get one as long as they are going to charge me $400+ annually for a data plan i have no need for. sucks for me tho because i would love an iphone. i do need a new ipod nano and hope to see some upgrades on that
  • Reply 28 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacDevil View Post

Yes, the end of these incessant iPhone rumors is FINALLY in sight!

So? this is going to be Apple's last iPhone model ever?

Because the second this thing is announced, there will be people whining about the iPhone 6. You know it, I know it; it's a fact of life.
  • Reply 29 of 188
    Quote:

"iPhone, let's talk."
  • Reply 30 of 188
    Quote:

There's only 2 items in question:

1. the number 1 above the phone icon - my theory, they're starting over and going back to iPhone 1

2. the words "let's talk" - my theory, Tim Cook isn't coming on stage, the presentation will all be done over the phone.

Of course there is one other thing we could discuss... the period after iPhone... what does that mean?
  • Reply 31 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacDevil View Post

Yes, the end of these incessant iPhone rumors is FINALLY in sight!

why, what did you hear about the iPhone 6?

(sorry, it had to be said!)
  • Reply 32 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

I had figured most of you were already aware of the upcoming integrated voice-search using Sari's tech. It's being billed as an "assistant", supposedly a more conversational way of doing search, making appointments, scheduling meetings and the like. For instance if you set up an appointment with Joe, the assistant might ask if it's at his home or office, and offer to send a confirmation email. Perhaps you're planning dinner date. Besides adding it to your calendar, the Assistant might ask if you'd like to do a search for the restaurant directions, and call to make reservations.

Perhaps the most useful new feature IMHO, and unfortunately reported not compatible/unavailable for any of the current or older iPhone models. Gotta have a reason to buy a new phone , right?

As an aside, if you have concerns about sharing contact information, location, or search history as some of you have indicated, you might need to look at the permissions before using the feature.

Scotty: Computer! Computer?

[He's handed a mouse, and he speaks into it]

Scotty: Hello, computer.

Dr. Nichols: Just use the keyboard.

Scotty: Keyboard. How quaint.
  • Reply 33 of 188
    Sweet. I'll preorder two. One for my wife and I to replace our aging iPhone 3GS'.
  • Reply 34 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alcstarheel View Post

Finally we can stop with the back-and-forth about when the announcement will be! All that's left is how many phones, any design changes, anything additional in iOS5, will iCloud be worth the wait, when will the phones be released, will they have 4G, will Sprint and/or TMO get the new phone, will Steve show up as a surprise, will they talk about the iPod line/kill the Classic, will the phone(s) have NFC, will it be white from the beginning , will it be hard body or glass back, and will it be able to allow you to teleport to an Apple Store at a moment's notice. Did I miss anything

One week and all rumors can finally be put to bed.

Yeh, you missed on the teleporting issue. You're the first to present that idea. Highly unlikely.
  • Reply 35 of 188
    lafelafe Posts: 252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

... and a Phone displaying one missed call. "Let's talk iPhone," it reads.

That badge could also mean, "You have voicemail."

It probably means 'missed call', though, as in: "You rumor cats missed something."

• Reply 36 of 188
    Quote:

For instance if you set up an appointment with Joe, the assistant might ask if it's at his home or office, and offer to send a confirmation email.

Ugh.

Quote:

Perhaps you're planning dinner date. Besides adding it to your calendar, the Assistant might ask if you'd like to do a search for the restaurant directions, and call to make reservations.

Double ugh. Better be able to turn it off. There's little I hate more in the tech world that overly intrusive software. Remember "Clippy"? This better not be Clippy *with a voice*.
  • Reply 37 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So? this is going to be Apple's last iPhone model ever?

Because the second this thing is announced, there will be people whining about the iPhone 6. You know it, I know it; it's a fact of life.

Speaking of whining... in one hour and one week there will be an incessant stream of whining... the end of Apple is nigh.
  • Reply 38 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sierrajeff View Post

As you might suspect. Nada, nothing, we don't even know what iPhone 5 is yet?
  • Reply 39 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sierrajeff View Post

I heard it'll support LTE and have a curved screen.
  • Reply 40 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Even if the phone announced is the "spec bump" version rumoured, it's hardly "minor." Twice the processor, nine times the graphics, four times the memory, greatly improved camera, etc. etc. and that's just the minimum hardware bump. Add iOS 5.0 in there and it will be a certain winner.

The i4 is more than most people need. Unless the form factor is changed, and even if it is a "winner" (however anybody wants to define THAT) it will be hard to see it as major.

But loosey-goosey words aside, lots of people have been waiting a long time, and expect something more than an old style phone with a few better specs. Many of those folks might be disappointed with less than what was expected.