Court accepts Verizon, T-Mobile briefs in Apple suit against Samsung

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 59
    xamaxxamax Posts: 135member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmm View Post

Oh joy.... more racist anecdotal trash. I'm really serious here. I've had to warranty stuff before. Not everything with bad warranty service is designed and/or manufactured in Korea, China, or Taiwan. You've stated that you don't like Samsung and extrapolated that to generate stereotypes for an entire nation. Really if you're going to comment on the culture of an entire nation, at least reference more than a single example from a single company.

Or maybe he is simply stating the reality based truth?!

And you really expect people will go running after your requests to be "better" explaned to because you simply do not put the effort into understanding, and let yourself be impulsive and destructive over other people's argumentations? You expect others to put in the effort that is yours to make? Have you taken your meds today?!
  • Reply 42 of 59
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple Business Students Life View Post

So true -

Gates knew he stole Apple's OS

Was absolutely amazing - and "lucky" that Jobs took a break

There is no "break" here for Samsung or the other thieves around the world. Google cannot get away doing what Msft Did - at least Gates did the deal/investment with Apple.

Samsung / Google - no deal. Samsung - you have $9 BILLION - cave and keep your revenue or do it "the Korean way" and die

Koreans will go all out.
  • Reply 43 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Apple isn't being as petty as some folks think. Many don't realize that trademarks/trade dress require that you actively defend them. If Apple had not filed their suit someone later could use their lack of response to defend a more blatant offense, and win.

And even they are just being petty, so is everyone else.

I mean those saying "and no more iPhone on Verizon, lol"
  • Reply 44 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

1) You're seriously asking for me to stop with "topics that invite discussion or argument"?

No I'm not...you ever hear the phrase "Republican talking points"?

Quote:

2) You're defending Samsung because you want to. Your choice! No one is forcing you to defending this wittle guy in the face of the big, bad, evil Apple.

Yes...I've said that or even implied that about

Honestly don't know how to reply to this one. First part is a duh (no gun to my head) second part is words your pretending I say/think

Quote:

3) This is why I consider you a troll and not simply a poster a disagree with. You've repeatedly dismissed the comparative images of selling Samsung products and then claimed such hyperbolic things as "Apple is trying to stop everyone with rectangles with rounded corners" and "this is all about trying to stop anything that looks like their drawings." The only others being called out for blatantly copying Apple are the Chinese clones, not the RiM PlayBook, not the Kindle Fire, not WP7. et al.

The tab wasn't banned for a plug or a box. Or even a resemblance to the iPad. It was banned based on a drawing. Everything else is moot as despite how blatant a ripoff it is they weren't blatant enough for the judge.
  • Reply 45 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by XamaX View Post

And he's trying to take over this forum by constantly posting his manipulative opinions.

He is a forum ter_ror_ist.

To AbsoluteDesignz: Man, you are free to be a Droid fanboy and I understand your superficial mentality that really is adequate for Droid crap. But you're anoying and conflicting with the deeper more sophisticated Apple fanboy mentality.

I like to pay more for classier, more sophisticated BETTER tools cos it resonates with my deeper essence. I'm free to do so as you're free to buy your crapdroid stuff. But I don't go to droid forums to engage in guerrilla tactics to annoy the people there disguised as a genuine poster with valid arguments.

Your actions here, your attitude and your argumentation are absolutely representative of what's going on between Apple and that other company!

That also superficial REALLY ARROGANT organization being sued by Apple also think it can invade and conquer and get away with stealing ideas and IP from Apple that SPENT GAZILLIONS IN R&D AND YEARS IN DEVELOPMENT. Not so! Go do your R&D, invest years and gazzillions of your own and THEN COME TO MARKET WITH VALID COMPETITIVE PRODUCTS. That is competition, not stealing.

Not even in China the copiers are getting away with it. And in China they sell cheaper lower quality products, everybody knows what they're buying.

And this company thinks they can war their best client in court by defending they are right in copying their client's products they manufacture hence they have priviledged access to?!

Apple is doing right by suing their Ss out of the market! Same_sing is stealing a fortune from Apple, a fortune Apple already spent and the iPads people aren't buying by being deceived into buying same_sing stuff that is marketed and sold as same_thing!

They are pirates and don't even do a good job at it - maybe that's why you sympathize with them and come here with your guerrilla tactics.

Well surprise surprise, stay tuned. You'll soon find out what happens to pirates.

And stop trolling (here, if you can't help it)

Sometimes I think people don't actually read what I write and just see that I don't always agree with Apple or (more likely) the opinion of Apple fans.

I explain my opinions. I don't think a product should be able to be banned for looking like a drawing of a product that doesn't exist.

If you can't accept that. That's on you.
  • Reply 46 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Apple isn't being as petty as some folks think. Many don't realize that trademarks/trade dress require that you actively defend them. If Apple had not filed their suit someone later could use their lack of response to defend a more blatant offense, and win.

And even they are just being petty, so is everyone else.

Wrong topic. I'm speaking of the ones saying "apple is going to take their ball and go home"
  • Reply 47 of 59
    It is interesting that these companies are intervening on the issue of injunction. They are not intervening on the merits of Apple's case against Samsung.

Apple will be arguing they will incur irreparable harm that could be not compensated by money damages. Verizon and T-mobile will be also arguing irreparable harm to their customers if the injunction is granted.

I guess, Verizon is claiming Apple is not supporting Verizon's 4G speeds which harms the safety of their customers, and T-Mobile is claiming harm to customers because Apple products are not supported on their network.

Now, if Apple's announcement on Oct 4 is an iPhone 5 with 4G support, and support for T-mobile network, then their arguments against injunction by Apple might become moot.

Perhaps Verizon and T-Mobile are using the Samsung v Apple dispute to put pressure on Apple. I think this intervention might be a long shot. The judge would have to ignore what seems to me to be a customer-harm ruse, although the court could simply not buy into the Verizon and T-Mobile arguments and rule as it would have absent the intervention.
  • Reply 48 of 59
    hjbhjb Posts: 278member
    I think that, it does not look like but, Verizon and Tmobile are supporting Samsung in the court cases. IMHO, Apple does not have a case with Samsung and Apple is abusing patent systems by bringing absurd patents in courts.

BTW, I can not wait for IPhone 5. I am seriously considering if it comes out in aluminum case, just like Ipad2.
  • Reply 49 of 59
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    Quote:

But I don't go to droid forums to engage in guerrilla tactics to annoy the people there disguised as a genuine poster with valid arguments.

Choosing to buy Apple products shows that you have good taste. No, correction. It PROVES that you have good taste. You are better than some average shmuck who buys other brands.

</mocking XamaX with hyperbole>
  • Reply 50 of 59
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

No I'm not...you ever hear the phrase "Republican talking points"? ...

Yes, you are very familiar with "talking points". Interesting way to go with your trolling, though, since it's all based on mindless repetition of talking points by you.
  • Reply 51 of 59
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

Choosing to buy Apple products shows that you have good taste. No, correction. It PROVES that you have good taste. You are better than some average shmuck who buys other brands.

This one is really starting to sound like tekstud/iLuv.
  • Reply 52 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Yes, you are very familiar with "talking points". Interesting way to go with your trolling, though, since it's all based on mindless repetition of talking points by you.

Yea. And which ones would those be?

I'll be waiting.
  • Reply 53 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Gosh dang it, I was hoping for hair pulling and teasing until one develops an eating disorder.

Wall Street has an "nutrition-advisor disorder" at least
  • Reply 54 of 59
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    Quote:

To AbsoluteDesignz: Man, you are free to be a Droid fanboy and I understand your superficial mentality that really is adequate for Droid crap. But you're anoying and conflicting with the deeper more sophisticated Apple fanboy mentality.

I like to pay more for classier, more sophisticated BETTER tools cos it resonates with my deeper essence. I'm free to do so as you're free to buy your crapdroid stuff. But I don't go to droid forums to engage in guerrilla tactics to annoy the people there disguised as a genuine poster with valid arguments.

Deeper and more sophisticated? More *sophisticated better tools cos it resonates with (your) deeper essence*?

Thanks for the laugh.
  • Reply 55 of 59
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    Back on topic for moment ... You can see where Verzion and particularly T-Mobile are coming from. Having injunction against one of their top products (the top product in T-M's case) is not good for their business.

Whichever side you are on, the outcome of this war may shake up the industry as much as any innovation.
  • Reply 56 of 59
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

Back on topic for moment ... You can see where Verzion and particularly T-Mobile are coming from. Having injunction against one of their top products (the top product in T-M's case) is not good for their business.

Whichever side you are on, the outcome of this war may shake up the industry as much as any innovation.

Top product or the ONLY product that will fulfil their requirements?

Other manufacturers should be pissed at being relegated to subpar status.
  • Reply 57 of 59
    majjomajjo Posts: 574member
    considering how delayed the briefs were, I'm starting to think that they (verizon and tmobile) are using this as an attempt to "encourage" apple to adopt LTE/whatever tmobile calls 4G as quickly as possible on the iphone.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

Deeper and more sophisticated? More *sophisticated better tools cos it resonates with (your) deeper essence*?

Thanks for the laugh.

Apple is quickly becoming the new BMW or Rolex:

Amazing products, terrible consumers.
  • Reply 58 of 59
    Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Yea. And which ones would those be?

I'll be waiting.

Still waiting...
  • Reply 59 of 59
    Quote:

What? Have you actually read any of his posts? I find it hilarious that someone who is articulating some points that SLIGHTLY defend Samsung is being branded as a troll.