Samsung takes stab at iPhone 4S with Galaxy S II comparison sheet

Comments

• Reply 141 of 244
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,386member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

The sad thing is that the Galaxy S II wins on specs here. Even if iOS is much better than Android, will that matter to people?

The REALLY sad thing is that the SII is months old, the Nexus Prime will be presented next week and will probably have much higher specs than the iPhone 4S. I can't even imagine what new and better models will come out in the next year, and the iPhone 4S will be trailing behind, with Siri as the only innovation.

How the hell does it 'win on specs'?

The 4S CPU is faster, the GPU is more powerful, the resolution is better, the dpi higher, the camera better ,etc. The specs is does 'win' in are pretty much meaningless to most consumers. Removable battery? I think iPhone sales have proven this is an issue noone gives a shit about and certainly doesn't affect buying decisions. 'High profile' 1080P? What the hell is that? I doubt anyone is going to be disappointed with the video quality on their 4S. Again, this chart is hilarious, but so is any comparison chart. My iPhone 4 still feels blazing fast with the A4.. the A5 with the added gpu is magnitudes more powerful, Infinitely Blade 2 looked absolutely stunning, so it's definitely a non-issue. Unless you're planning to render pixar movies on the thing, I don't see how anyone will be disappointed with the speed.
  • Reply 142 of 244
    Can't wait for the Nexus Prime to come out. Sorry apple, but I can't wait for you to come out with the iphone 5, and the iphone 4S is just underwhelming. Maybe in 2 years I'll get a new iphone again.
  • Reply 143 of 244
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

Consumers just like to have great products. Sales records are for the corporate types.

... and you wouldn't have sales records unless it was a great product.
  • Reply 144 of 244
    ruel24ruel24 Posts: 432member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

... and you wouldn't have sales records unless it was a great product.

Sure you would. Just ask Microsoft. They've been selling junk for years and making money hand over fist.
  • Reply 145 of 244
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neo42 View Post

When faced with a competing product:

1) Deny spec superiority (ie: People don't like bigger screens, we dont NEED removable batteries, It may have had voice recognition and good notifications but Apple does it BETTER, etc)

2) Don't take the spec seriously

3) Claim that since Apple products are superior, interoperability is a gimmick

4) Reduce customer's desire for choice (carrier) to a question.

5) Call something sad because you secretly wish you had it in your product.

Or, you could do what Apple fans do: focus on the user experience and customer satisfaction. Apple customers are uniformly very happy with their purchase - as shown by customer satisfaction and customer retention rates.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wovel View Post

Interesting. They could have saved a lot of time and said "We at Samsung still don't get it. I guess we never will."

That pretty well sums is up.

Quote:

Consumers just like to have great products. Sales records are for the corporate types.

So are you saying that Apple gets its record sales by making CRAPPY products? Now, it's possible to sell record numbers of crappy products if the price is low enough (witness HP's Touchpad), but when you're the premium priced product, you don't sell tons of them unless they're good.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

How the hell does it 'win on specs'?

The 4S CPU is faster, the GPU is more powerful, the resolution is better, the dpi higher, the camera better ,etc. The specs is does 'win' in are pretty much meaningless to most consumers. Removable battery? I think iPhone sales have proven this is an issue noone gives a shit about and certainly doesn't affect buying decisions. 'High profile' 1080P? What the hell is that? I doubt anyone is going to be disappointed with the video quality on their 4S. Again, this chart is hilarious, but so is any comparison chart. My iPhone 4 still feels blazing fast with the A4.. the A5 with the added gpu is magnitudes more powerful, Infinitely Blade 2 looked absolutely stunning, so it's definitely a non-issue. Unless you're planning to render pixar movies on the thing, I don't see how anyone will be disappointed with the speed.

Exactly. Not only does Samsung not really win on Specs, but Apple wins on all the 'non-spec' items. Apple's camera is absolutely amazing. The photos provided are incredible. Siri looks like it blows away any other voice recognition system out there. Then there's the App Store. ALL of the stores listed by Samsung don't come close to the App Store - even if you add them all together. And user experience and satisfaction is unmatched.
  • Reply 146 of 244
    Quote:

The screen on the Nexus S is very nice, but it's not a Super AMOLED Plus like the new superphones have.

Old-style screens like the small Retina display and some of the SA screens, like the one on your old Nexus are great - but not exactly cutting edge any more. Personally, I think that the improved contrast of the new screens makes for a better experience. Resolution has its advantages as well. Once Apple releases a normal sized screen with it beautiful high-rez DPI count, it will once again be a contender. Maybe next spring?

The only thing this post makes crystal clear, is that you know very little about screens and screen technology. Sometimes I think you post just to see your words in print.

Your post is also dripping with Samsung marketing buzzwords so I imagine you probably believe everything you read as well.
  • Reply 147 of 244
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ruel24 View Post

Sure you would. Just ask Microsoft. They've been selling junk for years and making money hand over fist.

.. but I wouldn't put the 4S (or anything Apple makes for that matter) in the same class as some of MS's junk.
  • Reply 148 of 244
    They forgot a last column comparison

Samsung - Dull / iPhone 4GS - Sexy
  • Reply 149 of 244
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

So are you saying that Apple gets its record sales by making CRAPPY products?.

Nope, but thanks for playing.
  • Reply 150 of 244
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member
    Quote:

Do you consider it a negative feature of the iPad?

yes, it would be better if we had a tablet with a higher pixel density.
  • Reply 151 of 244
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

The only thing this post makes crystal clear, is that you know very little about screens and screen technology. Sometimes I think you post just to see your words in print.

Your post is also dripping with Samsung marketing buzzwords so I imagine you probably believe everything you read as well.

Please focus on the subject at hand, which is NOT other posters. Thanks.

So what is your opinion of the Retina display? Do you prefer the higher PPI spec, despite the old-school size, or do you prefer the blacker blacks of the modern smartphone displays?
  • Reply 152 of 244
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

So are you saying that Apple gets its record sales by making CRAPPY products? Now, it's possible to sell record numbers of crappy products if the price is low enough (witness HP's Touchpad), but when you're the premium priced product, you don't sell tons of them unless they're good.

Wouldn't the premium car manufacturers love to have Apple's iPhone sales record.

Imagine Lexus selling more of one model than Toyota Corollas or Honda Civics.
  • Reply 153 of 244
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by arrowspark View Post

Can't wait for the Nexus Prime to come out. Sorry apple, but I can't wait for you to come out with the iphone 5, and the iphone 4S is just underwhelming. Maybe in 2 years I'll get a new iphone again.

dont forget to write.
  • Reply 154 of 244
    tt92618tt92618 Posts: 444member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GalaxyTab View Post

ROFL! Are you really equating smartphone screen size with penile inadequacy?

The lengths some of you lot will go to to defend the 3.5 inch screen on the iPhone is laughable.

I would counter that you seem preoccupied with screen size. You've made the assumption that a larger display - even if lower in pixel density - is more desirable and you therefore use screen size as the baseline for your comparisons. You don't seem to realize that the importance you place on screen size is your bias, not an immutable truth. If it were true that display size is the single most important factor to most users of these products, the iPhone 4 would not be the best selling smart phone model on every network.

You want a bigger screen - that's fine. Go buy a phone with a bigger screen. But please stop insisting that your personal bias should in any way dictate what Apple does, or what Apple consumers should want.
  • Reply 155 of 244
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Wouldn't the premium car manufacturers love to have Apple's iPhone sales record.

Imagine Lexus selling more of one model than Toyota Corollas or Honda Civics.

Being that Lexus is a subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation, I'm sure they're happy Corollas sell like hot-cakes. Then again, they're also not interested in having one model car have the top number of sales of all cars - they're interested in overall profitability just like any other company.
  • Reply 156 of 244
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joshua.lyon View Post

Being that Lexus is a subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation, I'm sure they're happy Corollas sell like hot-cakes. Then again, they're also not interested in having one model car have the top number of sales of all cars - they're interested in overall profitability just like any other company.

What's your point?
  • Reply 157 of 244
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ruel24 View Post

MS sells because it essentially has a monopoly in the business segment, and pretty much is a member of a duopoly for OS's. Comparing this to a market that is full to the brim with competitors is really a false comparison.

Of note, also, is that your insinuation here is that Apple makes tons of cash selling inferior products. That's a laughable assertion on its face. Apple's products are widely lauded, have the best consumer satisfaction ratings, and are also the products that the rest of the industry seeks to copy. To argue that they are 'junk' is tantamount to saying that the rest of the industry (those who have lower consumer satisfaction ratings than Apple, for example) sell something even lower than junk.

Lets apply some logic to what we say, ok?
  • Reply 158 of 244
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joshua.lyon View Post

Like Apple - which, at last count, earns more money on the iPhone than all the other smartphone companies combined.
  • Reply 159 of 244
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GalaxyTab View Post

October 11th. Remember that date.

This is how flagship products should be refined.

Cupertino, start your photocopiers.
  • Reply 160 of 244
    Quote:

Your honesty is refreshing. Everyone from hipster kids to Grandma is happy with Apple products. They aim straight for the sweet spot in the market, and that sweet spot is NOT the high end.

If that is true, who cares and how is it relevant? What's your point? Are you trying to assert that Apple tailors its consumer products to appeal to the largest group of consumers?

How dare they!