Analyst: Apple saving 'iPhone 5' name for 4G LTE version in 2012

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 87
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel21x View Post

I didn't realize hands-on experience was required to be wowed by a product.

The iPad taught us that this is, in fact, the case. Before it was available for people to play with at retail, the iPad was the subject of fierce debate. I remember that people either wanted one based solely on Steve Jobs' unveiling of the iPad on stage (aka, people who got it or are fiercely loyal to Apple), and others who dismissed it as a "giant iPod Touch."

Calling the iPad a giant iPod Touch isn't inaccurate, but it vastly underrepresented the user experience (later called simply "magic"), and a lot of people that I know who derided the iPad later converted, once they had a chance to use one. And right there, I understood that Apple's strong point is that iDevices are more than the sum of their parts. The magic is the user experience.

Tim Cook tried to make that point verbally early on in yesterday's presentation, but I think it was largely lost on the audience because of Tim's "mood-deaf" presentation style. I think Siri and iCloud significantly change the iPhone user experience, but that isn't immediately obvious, and of course, shallow "spec whores" are going to only be wowed by hardware specs.
  • Reply 82 of 87
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OllieWallieWhiskers View Post

why would they call it iPhone 5 if it's the 6th iPhone?

Exactly. This analyst can't even count. ¿Why should we listen to anything he says?
  • Reply 83 of 87
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jason98 View Post

First significant misstep of Apple in a really long period of time...

Perhaps Jobs leaving before 4s announcement is not a coincidence. Nothing to be proud of really.

Yea! The iPhone 4S only has:

-double the (theoretical) download speed where supported; improved voice quality and reception

-a game-changing voice recognition system

-dual core processor, 7x graphics improvement

-1080p stabilized video; f/2.4 8MP still camera

-a brand new OS that arguably puts it ahead of everything else out there

-FREE, integrated, out-of-the-box cloud services across phone, tablet and computer

-slightly improved battery life

Couldn't they give us something substantial, like a new case design or a bigger screen?! Why give us a virtual personal assistant when an extra 0.5" of display would be revolutionary!

/s
  • Reply 84 of 87
    jason98jason98 Posts: 768member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by acslater017 View Post

Yea! The iPhone 4S only has:

-double the (theoretical) download speed where supported

Sorry, those who are on 200MB plan do not really care.

Besides it is only theory. On practice I still see a lot of places where 3g is switched to E or no reception at all.

Quote:

-a game-changing voice recognition system

I said earlier, this is a gimmick. All voice systems are used to be introduced with same fanfares and ended up nowhere. This one will be no exception. Worse, if it does not work as advertised, it is going to be a subject of numerous jokes and parodies.

Quote:

-dual core processor, 7x graphics improvement

-1080p stabilized video; f/2.4 8MP still camera

The CPU was there in March, so the only real hardware upgrade is the camera.

So it took 7 months just to upgrade it? What the hell?

Quote:

-a brand new OS that arguably puts it ahead of everything else out there

-FREE, integrated, out-of-the-box cloud services across phone, tablet and computer

Excuse me? Hoes does it relate to 4s. Even 3GS will support it.
  • Reply 85 of 87
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Analyst… …iPhone 5… …4G…

HUDURRRRRRRRRRRRR

Quote:
    Originally Posted by the analyst

While I don't like participating in the rumor garbage

THEN SHUT UP.

Heaven knows we couldn't care less about your tripe.
  • Reply 86 of 87
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member
    "Analysts" can go suck it.

They have lost ALL credability in "predicting".
  • Reply 87 of 87
    ronsterronster Posts: 153member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

"Analysts" can go suck it.

They have lost ALL credability in "predicting".

Since when has an analyst been 100% bang on? They lost credibility a long time ago...

Really none of us have a real insight on Apple's plans, which is why we sign up to a blog like this to fill that gap.

In the end, who cares about an analyst speculating on Apple's plans. I just care what Apple is doing now.