AT&T announces record 200,000 iPhone 4S pre-orders in first 12 hours

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jason98 View Post

You are not taking into account one simple point. Every previous release Apple did not have even a trace of competition. Every product was indisputably superior to anything existing on the market. And now for the first time Apple is playing catch up and not even able to match in some aspects. And Apple is going to drag for another year while competitors will have LTE, 4.5" 720p screens, NFC within a month. I am so pissed off.

Think of Apple as a Ferrari. Lamborghini, McLaren, Bugatti all try to copy it and deliver new models with more horsepowers, better features, etc and still none of those has ever outsold them..It does not matter if the screen is bigger or the chip is faster consumers love the iPhone experience and ease of use and will always want it over any other phone.
  • Reply 82 of 86
    linkgx1linkgx1 Posts: 742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daylove22 View Post

Think of Apple as a Ferrari. Lamborghini, McLaren, Bugatti all try to copy it and deliver new models with more horsepowers, better features, etc and still none of those has ever outsold them..It does not matter if the screen is bigger or the chip is faster consumers love the iPhone experience and ease of use and will always want it over any other phone.

It's the integration of everything that matters. I love that all iPhones are the same on any which network. I think it's more or less consistency on the phones.

Still, if you want class....you go with a Bugatti Veryon.
  • Reply 83 of 86
    linkgx1linkgx1 Posts: 742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bombora View Post

I want to see the numbers for Verizon and also for Sprint. I'm also interested in just how many AT&T lost. I've been a customer since 2007 and this was the first time I didn't get a discounted upgrade price. I had to wait until Dec. So I did what I've wanted to do since early this year and switched to Verizon ( I came from Verizon when iphone came out). I also personally know at least 5 other people that have done the same. I know all carriers screwed people wanted to upgrade but you figure AT&T having long time customers would have offered all the same price.

It doesn't matter. It's a business. They want to make as much money as possible. They're not there to "play nice".

Of course, if their competitors start giving early upgrades and people come in swarms then if they lose customers that's their fault.
  • Reply 84 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by linkgx1 View Post

It doesn't matter. It's a business. They want to make as much money as possible. They're not there to "play nice".

Of course, if their competitors start giving early upgrades and people come in swarms then if they lose customers that's their fault.

Obviously, the iPhone still has an unprecedented amount of pull with the public. As long as they can keep making sweetheart deals between the carriers and Apple without irritating the public too much, they will.
  • Reply 85 of 86
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

But only when it's connected to towers that are using HSPA+, which does make AT&T's request for '4G' label in the Menu Bar reasonable. I think AT&T will get their wish because this helps Apple sell more iPhones against an ever increasing slew of devices with '4G' in their name.

I would think next year is likely when LTE will be added to the mix. Will Sprint be upgrading to LTE within the next year?

Yes, they have - over the next two years.
  • Reply 86 of 86
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daylove22 View Post

Umm, the cars with more or the same horsepower than Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc.? That would be Mercedes, Aston Martin, Bentley, ... They are hardly known as imitators.

What car has more horsepower than the Buggatti?

Sorry - I know what you're trying to say, but the analogy is just all wrong.