More than anything, kids want Apple's iPad, iPod touch & iPhone for Christmas

Comments

• Reply 41 of 93
    on that same page on Amazon's site....

"Kindle Fire uses IPS (in-plane switching) technology - similar technology to that used on the iPad...."

So they are saying it is the same as the iPad. Again, carefully chosen words to associate the Kindle Fire with an iPad to trick clueless people into thinking they are getting an Ipad for $200.
  • Reply 42 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bullhead View Post

on that same page on Amazon's site....

"Kindle Fire uses IPS (in-plane switching) technology - similar technology to that used on the iPad...."

So they are saying it is the same as the iPad. Again, carefully chosen words to associate the Kindle Fire with an iPad to trick clueless people into thinking they are getting an Ipad for $200.

You need a dictionary, similar and same are not the same. IPS is IPS, both devices use it and they are referring to viewing angle. Again, if all you can pick out of Amazon's evil marketing plan is IPS switching similar to iPad, your argument is weak.
  • Reply 43 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

Actually Amazon says "similar technology to that used on the iPad" Similar to, not like iPad. Changing the words does not make your argument accurate. No I have no affiliation to Amazon. I only try and stop the spreading of FUD.

sorry..... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define+similar

pay attention to #1
  • Reply 44 of 93
    Quote:

sorry..... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define+similar

pay attention to #1

Thanks for proving yourself wrong for me but I will make it easy for you:

Similar - like

Same - Identical

Pretty easy. I would think a super smart iPad owner would know the difference. Obviously based on your opinion, any one interested in the Fire would not. Your elite-ness must be awesome to be around. Us dumb folk no no betta, ha ma, says right here like an iPad, Ill show Apple and get this here for $199 aint payin them smart folk $499.
  • Reply 45 of 93
    Quote:

Thanks for proving yourself wrong for me but I will make it easy for you:

Similar - like

Same - Identical

Pretty easy. I would think a super smart iPad owner would know the difference. Obviously based on your opinion, any one interested in the Fire would not. Your elite-ness must be awesome to be around.

check the adverb form of "same"? need me to google that for you?
  • Reply 46 of 93
    Quote:

check the adverb form of "same"? need me to google that for you?

Give up. One simple word that you have a hard time understanding does not mean Amazon has a BS marketing plan for the Fire. aaaaaahhhhh look up the adverb, aaaaaaah google blah blah blah, your level of desperation is sad.

Amazon does not have a BS, misleading marketing scheme going. They are marketing the Fire exactly as it is meant to be. They are not trying to compete with iPad. They are simply providing a conduit to Amazon services, that is all. The website is quite clear what the Fire is and any self respecting individual that has any interest in it understands this. You apparently do not.

Don't you mean synonym?
  • Reply 47 of 93
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Any parent getting their kids a non-iPad tablet doesn't really love their children.

Good parents want their children to have the best, and getting them some cheap, inferior crap is not getting them the best. The kids will know that their parents are cheapskates.

If I was still a kid and my parents had the nerve to get me a non-iPad for the holidays, I would be mighty pissed and disappointed in my parents. Even if I had siblings, I'd rather share an iPad than have some little piece of shit tablet all to myself that is basically useless.
  • Reply 48 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Any parent who allows a child to treat an iPad like it's one of their stuffed toys deserves to be slapped.

My experience led me to a different conclusion. My youngest were the drivers to get an iPad (original model) at ages 8 and 13.

They did NOT primarily use it for games. Yes, they loaded a few but they have most often been seen curled up on a couch searching for something that interests them (cars, googling answers to settle bets with the brothers, .....one son used it non-stop to leave examples of knives/swords he wanted for birthday/Xmas/grade-point-rewards for a collection --along with the locking display case). Actually make that "uses" it for that purpose still to this day.

We also noticed that they treated the iPad like their most prized possession. To this day you can walk in the house and ask "where is the iPad" and at least two or three of them will be able to tell you. It's almost always put up on one of the tables or end tables.
  • Reply 49 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Any parent getting their kids a non-iPad tablet doesn't really love their children.

Good parents want their children to have the best, and getting them some cheap, inferior crap is not getting them the best. The kids will know that their parents are cheapskates.

If I was still a kid and my parents had the nerve to get me a non-iPad for the holidays, I would be mighty pissed and disappointed in my parents. Even if I had siblings, I'd rather share an iPad than have some little piece of shit tablet all to myself that is basically useless.

And you are a spoiled individual. Do you hear/read the things you are saying/typing? The nerve? The nerve for buying you a gift? Really? Wow. My kids would never have that attitude and I am very proud of them because of it. They understand they are entitled to nothing. Of course I have faith you forgot the sarcasm tag.
  • Reply 50 of 93
    mactacmactac Posts: 318member
    19 year old daughter has expressly told me she does not want an iPhone. She doesn't get what the big deal is with the iPad. She has maxed out her iPod but I don't think she likes the new models.

15 year old daughter claims not to want anything. But we will replace her iPod Nano that crapped out with the glue coming loose on the power button. Damn thing doesn't even have a scratch on it.
  • Reply 51 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by acslater017 View Post

Do kids really get $500 gifts for Christmas? In this economy?

We're the 1%.
  • Reply 52 of 93
    Pfft. Kids between 6 and 12 just don't understand the importance of elite hardware specs, winning every Anandtech benchmark there is, and lots of cores. It's as if they just want to have fun and don't need elite hardware specs to boost their self esteem, or something
  • Reply 53 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Have a look at this

It's simply great (if you're an Apple shareholder) or a sad commentary (if you're any other member of society), but the bottom line is: over-the-top funny (and cute too)!
  • Reply 54 of 93
    Quote:

And you are a spoiled individual. Do you hear/read the things you are saying/typing? The nerve? The nerve for buying you a gift? Really? Wow. My kids would never have that attitude and I am very proud of them because of it. They understand they are entitled to nothing. Of course I have faith you forgot the sarcasm tag.

I don't have any kids yet, but they can be assured of one thing at least: Only Apple devices is allowed in my house. If one of my kids liked Android, I would probably put them up for immediate adoption, as I would have strong doubts if that is truly my offspring. I would demand paternity tests or maybe something went wrong at birth.

And parents are supposed to buy gifts for their kids, I don't see that as being spoiled. The parents brought them into this world afterall.
  • Reply 55 of 93
    am8449am8449 Posts: 392member
    Can you imagine any 6 year-old kid wanting a netbook for Christmas?
  • Reply 56 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I don't have any kids yet, but they can be assured of one thing at least: Only Apple devices is allowed in my house. If one of my kids liked Android, I would probably put them up for immediate adoption, as I would have strong doubts if that is truly my offspring. I would demand paternity tests or maybe something went wrong at birth.

And parents are supposed to buy gifts for their kids, I don't see that as being spoiled. The parents brought them into this world afterall.

The entitled generation, we are doomed.
  • Reply 57 of 93
    I already got me the latest macbook air 13 inch low end model. Effing amazing. 1440*900 resolution on a 13 inch screen. Insane!!!! I gave my girlfriend my late 2008 macbook Al. That notebook is in pristine condition and is a cut above any damn laptop on the market.

Hey and if anyone was wondering about the game play ability of the 13 air I'll tell you this, it plays quake live like a beast. Of course don't go crazy with the settings. Keep things simple. But the game play will blow you away. Now if you try playing those really hardcore games you'll most likely be disappointed. None the less it rocks!!!
  • Reply 58 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by am8449 View Post

Can you imagine any 6 year-old kid wanting a netbook for Christmas?

I know, my 11 year old wants a BB gun.
  • Reply 59 of 93
    Quote:

I know, my 11 year old wants a BB gun.

He'll blue screen of death his eye out.

Oh, you said BB gun. Okay, that's safe enough, then.
  • Reply 60 of 93
    Quote:

The entitled generation, we are doomed.

I'm not one of the entitled generation, I'm glad to say. I pay for all my stuff with cold hard cash, or at least a debit card or credit card.

I'm also not one of those losers camping out and infesting parks around the country. Those thugs seem to have an entitlement mentality. The only thing that they're entitled to is to get beat down by the cops.