More than anything, kids want Apple's iPad, iPod touch & iPhone for Christmas

124

Comments

  • Reply 61 of 93
    estyleestyle Posts: 201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post


    The entitled generation, we are doomed.



    They are only an entitled generation if they don't earn it.



    Mine will be entitled to it only once she earns it.



  • Reply 62 of 93
    estyleestyle Posts: 201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post


    I'm not one of the entitled generation, I'm glad to say. I pay for all my stuff with cold hard cash, or at least a debit card or credit card.



    I'm also not one of those losers camping out and infesting parks around the country. Those thugs seem to have an entitlement mentality. The only thing that they're entitled to is to get beat down by the cops.



    and smelling socks. you can't forget smelling socks.
  • Reply 63 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bullhead View Post


    on that same page on Amazon's site....



    "Kindle Fire uses IPS (in-plane switching) technology - similar technology to that used on the iPad...."



    So they are saying it is the same as the iPad. Again, carefully chosen words to associate the Kindle Fire with an iPad to trick clueless people into thinking they are getting an Ipad for $200.



    Apple should do that. Put "same as iPad" on all their ad copy for the iPad. They can say, "iPad. It's just like the iPad."
  • Reply 64 of 93
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,787member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post


    Kids parents, 6-12 year olds are not buying much of anything.



    My comment and I think you'll find the article is about what 'kids want' not who might or might not buy something ..



    Personally speaking, as a kid I wanted my own helicopter.
  • Reply 65 of 93
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,787member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post


    I'm not one of the entitled generation, I'm glad to say. I pay for all my stuff with cold hard cash, or at least a debit card or credit card.



    I'm also not one of those losers camping out and infesting parks around the country. Those thugs seem to have an entitlement mentality. The only thing that they're entitled to is to get beat down by the cops.



    There you go again with your politics on a Mac forum. \
  • Reply 66 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post


    Actually Amazon says "similar technology to that used on the iPad" Similar to, not like iPad. Changing the words does not make your argument accurate. No I have no affiliation to Amazon. I only try and stop the spreading of FUD.



    Actually, Amazon says "same as an iPad"... See annotated snapshot of their page, below.



    There's not a lot of wiggle room in a statement that says "same as".



    Thesaurus:



    same

    adjective

    1 we stayed at the same hotel: identical, selfsame, very same, one and the same. ANTONYMS another, different.

    2 they had the same symptoms: matching, identical, alike, duplicate, carbon copy, twin; indistinguishable, interchangeable, corresponding, equivalent, parallel, like, comparable, similar, congruent, concordant, consonant. ANTONYMS different, dissimilar.

    3 it happened that same month: selfsame; aforesaid, aforementioned.

    4 they provide the same menu worldwide: unchanging, unvarying, unvaried, invariable, consistent, uniform, regular. ANTONYMS varying, different.









    Kindle Fire
  • Reply 67 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post


    There you go again with your politics on a Mac forum. \



    Well, we do have that PoliticalOutsider place. It occasionally spills over.



    WHY sites with very specific forums think that having completely pointless subforums like that makes any sense boggles my mind.



    I go other places and I see that their forums are about a very specific topic… and then they have subforums for movies, sports, music…



    What in the world.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post


    There's not a lot of wiggle room in a statement that says "same as".



    That absolutely screams 'class-action lawsuit' in the U.S. and 'removed from sale for false advertising' in the U.K.



    How stupid IS Amazon, really?
  • Reply 68 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    Well, we do have that PoliticalOutsider place. It occasionally spills over.



    WHY sites with very specific forums think that having completely pointless subforums like that makes any sense boggles my mind.



    I go other places and I see that their forums are about a very specific topic… and then they have subforums for movies, sports, music…



    What in the world.







    That absolutely screams 'class-action lawsuit' in the U.S. and 'removed from sale for false advertising' in the U.K.



    How stupid IS Amazon, really?



    BBB -- Bezos Brass Balls



    Edit: Ha! I may buy one just to get in on the class action... AFAIK The Fire is US only.



  • Reply 69 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SailorPaul View Post


    My experience led me to a different conclusion. My youngest were the drivers to get an iPad (original model) at ages 8 and 13.



    They did NOT primarily use it for games. Yes, they loaded a few but they have most often been seen curled up on a couch searching for something that interests them (cars, googling answers to settle bets with the brothers, .....one son used it non-stop to leave examples of knives/swords he wanted for birthday/Xmas/grade-point-rewards for a collection --along with the locking display case). Actually make that "uses" it for that purpose still to this day.



    We also noticed that they treated the iPad like their most prized possession. To this day you can walk in the house and ask "where is the iPad" and at least two or three of them will be able to tell you. It's almost always put up on one of the tables or end tables.



    ... and I agree with you. Around 7-8 years of age most children have a good sense of how to handle fragile objects and are well beyond the dropping stage. 2 to 5 years of age... not so much... but as seen in a few Youtube vids... the iPad can take it (parents, practice safe iPadding... wear a screen protector).
  • Reply 70 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post


    Actually, Amazon says "same as an iPad"... See annotated snapshot of their page, below.



    There's not a lot of wiggle room in a statement that says "same as".



    ... and a lot of people will see that "same as" statement and extend it to the entire device and everything that it does.
  • Reply 71 of 93
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member
    They want it man. iPad and iPod Touch. They want it ad there is no getting away from it. Thats what happens when you have kids. Yeah baby.
  • Reply 72 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post


    Give up. One simple word that you have a hard time understanding does not mean Amazon has a BS marketing plan for the Fire. aaaaaahhhhh look up the adverb, aaaaaaah google blah blah blah, your level of desperation is sad.



    Amazon does not have a BS, misleading marketing scheme going. They are marketing the Fire exactly as it is meant to be. They are not trying to compete with iPad. They are simply providing a conduit to Amazon services, that is all. The website is quite clear what the Fire is and any self respecting individual that has any interest in it understands this. You apparently do not.



    Don't you mean synonym?



    Wow. Sure is funny how the front page of the Kindle Fire page says: "...same as an iPad". I guess when you are an Amazon Marketing Astroturf fandroid you don't care about facts. Dick Applebum even did a screen capture to show you have no clue what you are talking about.
  • Reply 73 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post


    Actually, Amazon says "same as an iPad"... See annotated snapshot of their page, below.



    I know Dick. Does not matter what the facts are, once a fandroid gets in a rant, you can not reason with them.
  • Reply 74 of 93
    For all you people saying you can't afford or don't want to spend $499 on an iPad it's your own fault for being poor. Isnt that what Herman Cain said, "If you're unemployed and not rich, it's your own fault!" (paraphrased) So stop complaining and blame yourselves not the economy.
  • Reply 75 of 93
    We have a subforum for political comments. Please direct them there. Thanks.
  • Reply 76 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bullhead;


    Wow. Sure is funny how the front page of the Kindle Fire page says: "...same as an iPad". I guess when you are an Amazon Marketing Astroturf fandroid you don't care about facts. Dick Applebum even did a screen capture to show you have no clue what you are talking about.



    Vibrant colors and viewing angle, same as iPad. Where does it say the screen is the same as iPad, the screen size is the same or the resolution is the same or anything physical about the screen is the same? The Fire is black like my iPad, doesn't mean I am saying it is the same. Here is a tip, being able to read is wonderful but if you can not comprehend what you read it is useless.



    But if you want to compare numbers the Fire is 1024x600 with 145 ppi the iPad 2 is 1024x768 132 ppi. Very much alike, not the same, like, similar. Nice thing with the fire, widescreen movies fit the whole screen and you do not get the ugly black stripes.
  • Reply 77 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bullhead View Post


    I know Dick. Does not matter what the facts are, once a fandroid gets in a rant, you can not reason with them.



    Not being able to comprehend the difference between physical attributes and subjective attributes is not fact. The fire is black like my iPad is much different that the Fire is like my iPad.



    PS, when you have to resort to personal attacks, any point you are trying to make is moot. Next you are going to take your ball and go home.
  • Reply 78 of 93
    cmvsmcmvsm Posts: 204member
    Apple has 3 of the hottest selling items for Xmas? Uh oh...time to downgrade the stock again!
  • Reply 79 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post




    For all you people who are out Christmas shopping or watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade...



    Here's something to be on the lookout for:







    Get a life. Not funny at all. Is this the boys club here?
  • Reply 80 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by palomine View Post


    Get a life. Not funny at all. Is this the boys club here?



    I'm not quite sure what it's saying?
Sign In or Register to comment.