WikiLeaks founder claims iTunes flaw allows for covert iPhone surveillance

Comments

• Reply 21 of 104
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rugby_kid View Post

Does anyone even have proof Assange raped someone?

Well, the two women who were raped and sexually assaulted certainly think so.

Who's going to believe that guy over the word of two separate women?

Two women who accused Julian Assange of rape and sexual assault are "relieved" by a London court ruling Wednesday ordering the WikiLeaks founder's extradition to Sweden for questioning, their lawyer said.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/NEWS/tabid...by-ruling.aspx
  • Reply 22 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elroth View Post

The answer appears to be "no" (read the previous post by SolipsismX, and the story he links to).

Or just believe what the American press and government say.

Even if so, does that make his claims irrelevant? I mean, if this is a flaw that makes for surveillance....maybe we should debate the flaw rather than the man.
  • Reply 23 of 104
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Deceitful penetration, LOL.

I don't know what the Swedes call it or how it would translate but I thought that as good a term as any.
  • Reply 24 of 104
    29922992 Posts: 202member
    can anyone proves otherwise?
  • Reply 25 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elroth View Post

The answer appears to be "no" (read the previous post by SolipsismX, and the story he links to).

Or just believe what the American press and government say.

Sweden is not America, and anybody who believes that Sweden is a part of some vast conspiracy to bring down Wikileaks needs to go and loosen up their tinfoil hat a bit.
  • Reply 26 of 104
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

Of course there is a possibility but he says it exists right now today and is used by many companies to do surveillance.

Regardless of your blind loyalty to Assange (see, it works both ways), the man is a member of the tin-foil hat wearing club and is about 30 cards short of a full deck.

That's really the key. It's in use now and many companies are already doing surveillance of all the citizens of some cities? Two problems with that:

1. How would they possibly infect everyone in a city? Some people never use their cell phones for email.

2. If it's so widely used, why is his the first report - and why has no one confirmed it? Surely, someone would have come forward by now if it was so widely used.

And, of course, the total lack of evidence in his claim is rather telling, as well.
  • Reply 27 of 104
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:

This guy a big douchebag.

Isn't he supposed to be in jail by now for raping multiple women? What's up with that?

And when he's done with the jail sentence for being a degenerate rapist, then he should be tried for illegally stealing information that's not his. He's a simple thief and nothing that he claims can be taken seriously.

I wouldn't be surprised if somebody takes him out eventually.

• Reply 28 of 104
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Countries are monitoring the Internet and trying to see what people are doing? No way....
  • Reply 29 of 104
    Assange discloses govt crimes and the conversation falls to

bogus sex claims.

He's a hero. And people are too stupid and brainwashed and frightened to see it. Especially my fellow Americans.
  • Reply 30 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Countries are monitoring the Internet and trying to see what people are doing? No way....

Try googling how to make a bomb and stuff like that. Just make sure you have a cake ready for the FBI.
  • Reply 31 of 104
    tinman0tinman0 Posts: 168member
    Quote:

Does anyone even have proof Assange raped someone?

The fact that he got his ass to the UK pretty quick when this unfolded because he knows our system will take eons before it finally extradites him, would suggest he probably is pretty guilty.

An innocent and honourable man would have faced his accusers in court. I doubt Assange is either.
  • Reply 32 of 104
    swiftswift Posts: 436member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2992 View Post

can anyone proves otherwise?

I hope you realize that nobody can prove a negative like that.

It's of course possible to have a flaw in any program which can be exploited. Some people have been tricked to give their Apple IDs for free files, and find their info stolen and used to buy things with it.

Is it by design? Certainly not.

Is any software exempt from concern? Certainly not.

The guy isn't connected with his old organization, so the old leaks aren't coming. That's why he's making unspecific allegations. He chose iTunes because of its popularity.
  • Reply 33 of 104
    tinman0tinman0 Posts: 168member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 8CoreWhore View Post

He's a hero. And people are too stupid and brainwashed and frightened to see it. Especially my fellow Americans.

He's not though.

The Guardian newspaper in the UK has a habit of fawning over these types of idiots, and to start with they gushed over Assange every day. However, their relationship with Assange has long since broken down and badly broken down - and you have to wonder why - that's if you can't be bothered to read all the stories that the Guardian published about their fall out.

When the Guardian isn't on your side, you know something is wrong with this "hero".

===

As for "fellow Americans" crap - Assange merely published details that 2-3m Americans already had access to in the first place. It's hardly a closed Government when anyone can read some of the stuff he published, is it?

BTW, how's the fighting fund for the chap in prison who released all the cables going? Has our "hero" even written a cheque for the legal representation for the whistle blower? Or is he using WikiLeaks money for his own defense?
  • Reply 34 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 8CoreWhore View Post

He's a hero.

The guy is no hero. He's a pussy on the run from the law and a criminal.

I think that he deserves to die.

'They're informants... if they get killed, they deserve it': New book reveals shocking disregard of Julian Assange towards Afghans named in WikiLeaks cables

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1fQPErny4
  • Reply 35 of 104
    I'm sorry, who is Assange?
  • Reply 36 of 104
    Quote:

I think that he deserves to die.

'They're informants... if they get killed, they deserve it': New book reveals shocking disregard of Julian Assange towards Afghans named in WikiLeaks cables

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1fQPErny4

Kind of harsh words for a fellow human being, don't ya think?
  • Reply 37 of 104
    Quote:

Kind of harsh words for a fellow human being, don't ya think?

What makes you think that I care about fellow human beings? Not all humans are good. The fact of the matter is that certain humans are garbage. What goes around, comes around and he'll be getting what he deserves sooner or later.
  • Reply 38 of 104
    Whenever Assange drops out of the news for long enough he pops up with some bs story like this in a desperate attempt to stay relevant. Last I heard he was trying to trademark his name.

I'm amazed anyone still takes him seriously.
  • Reply 39 of 104
    Quote:

What makes you think that I care about fellow human beings? Not all humans are good. The fact of the matter is that certain humans are garbage. What goes around, comes around and he'll be getting what he deserves sooner or later.

Au contraire, there is no completely evil human being. Wouldn't you agree?

Though I must say out of over 7 billion people....at least half of those are bad.
  • Reply 40 of 104
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:

He's not on the run at all, he's under house arrest in England, appealing a very dodgy extradition order, that has been accelerated beyond all normal protocols. Interpol has a top level arrest warrant for Assange from Sweden. The last one of those issued was for a serial child sex offender, and Assange is accused with what? Possible deception of the degree of contraception used? If guilty, he's certainly a bit of a shit, but an internmational criminal? Exceedingly suspect.

And deserves to die? Take a trip to Iran, this is the Western world, we don't do that.