WikiLeaks founder claims iTunes flaw allows for covert iPhone surveillance

Comments

• Reply 41 of 104
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rugby_kid View Post

Au contraire, there is no completely evil human being. Wouldn't you agree?

It depends how somebody defines "evil", but there are certainly many bad human beings.
  • Reply 42 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tinman0 View Post

The fact that he got his ass to the UK pretty quick when this unfolded because he knows our system will take eons before it finally extradites him, would suggest he probably is pretty guilty.

An innocent and honourable man would have faced his accusers in court. I doubt Assange is either.

For having consensual sex without a condom? Give me a break.
  • Reply 43 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

And deserves to die? Take a trip to Iran, this is the Western world, we don't do that.

People should be treated as they treat others. If Assange thinks that some people deserve to die, then I don't see any problems with other people thinking that he deserves to die.

And I have no intentions of ever visiting Iran or any other primitive and barbaric, backwards countries.
  • Reply 44 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

It depends how somebody defines "evil", but there are certainly many bad human beings.

Wouldn't disagree with that.
  • Reply 45 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ljocampo View Post

What? Water you talking about?

ASSANGE BABIES!
  • Reply 46 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

He's not on the run at all, he's under house arrest in England, appealing a very dodgy extradition order, that has been accelerated beyond all normal protocols. Interpol has a top level arrest warrant for Assange from Sweden. The last one of those issued was for a serial child sex offender, and Assange is accused with what? Possible deception of the degree of contraception used? If guilty, he's certainly a bit of a shit, but an internmational criminal? Exceedingly suspect.

And deserves to die? Take a trip to Iran, this is the Western world, we don't do that.

I could have sworn we had the death pentalty. His offensive are punishable by death if he were American.
  • Reply 47 of 104
    Quote:

That's what the rapist claims. Why do you take his word over the word of two women?

We shall see what happens when the case gets tried. Some people here are going to look mighty foolish for having been duped and supporting a serial rapist and molester.
  • Reply 48 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rugby_kid View Post

Kind of harsh words for a fellow human being, don't ya think?

Apple ][ is not a mature human being. If he is an adult, then he's an adult going on adolescent immaturity.
  • Reply 49 of 104
    Quote:

That's what the rapist claims. Why do you take his word over the word of two women?

We shall see what happens when the case gets tried. Some people here are going to look mighty foolish for having been duped and supporting a serial rapist and molester.

Well, there a lot of people that support Micheal Jackson. Just saying.
  • Reply 50 of 104
    Quote:

Apple ][ is not a mature human being. If he is an adult, then he's an adult going on adolescent immaturity.

Sometimes maturity is relative.
  • Reply 51 of 104
    Quote:

I am a highly evolved human being, though certain people who have not yet reached that level of maturity sometimes do take offense to people who dare to think differently and people who are not afraid of telling it like it is.
  • Reply 52 of 104
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:

I think he is probably 16. Either way the dude is out of control.
  • Reply 53 of 104
    Quote:

I am a highly evolved human being, though certain people who have not yet reached that level of maturity sometimes do take offense to people who dare to think differently and people who are not afraid of telling it like it is.

Lol. *Looks at username* I see what you did there.
  • Reply 54 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paxman View Post

I think he is probably 16. Either way the dude is out of control.

Somebody else accused me of being 60 in another thread recently.

Make up your minds.
  • Reply 55 of 104
    tinman0tinman0 Posts: 168member
    Quote:

You just proved my point. If it was something as simple as that, and if it was consensual, you'd think he'd want his day in court to clear his name. I know I certainly would.

But instead he hides behind the legal system of my country, doing everything in his power to evade the Swedish authorities.
  • Reply 56 of 104
    kpluckkpluck Posts: 500member
    This guy is so full of crap it is amazing that he can keep his hair white.

-kpluck
  • Reply 57 of 104
    "Julian, sure your iPhone and iTunes have backdoors, and your gmail is being read. Given all the friends you have made, you have no reason to be paranoid, they really are out to get you".

• Reply 58 of 104
    8002580025 Posts: 179member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange claims that an iTunes "flaw" allows surveillance companies to introduce a trojan horse onto users' computers, subsequently selling the sensitive data to government agencies.

In an interview with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism in London on Thursday, Assange purports that governments are using backdoors to access and store sensitive data from every single citizen in entire cities, including a new flaw in iTunes, reports the International Business Times.]

State your sources. List specifics. Give examples. Support your statements. Otherwise, it's just catastrophizing in the form of unsubstantited generalizing that smacks of self-referencing journalism.
  • Reply 59 of 104
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:

Somebody else accused me of being 60 in another thread recently.

Make up your minds.

Well, there are similarities between adolescent political passion and old aged fearful ranting. Each will spew forth nonsense (usually alarmist paranoia), arms flailing, whilst provoking nothing more than a shrug and head shake.
  • Reply 60 of 104
    sipadansipadan Posts: 107member
    The fact that he only mentioned the iPhone and Blackberry on this makes me say one thing: false. Could and should have said smartphone don't you think? So F U Assange