WikiLeaks founder claims iTunes flaw allows for covert iPhone surveillance

Comments

• Reply 61 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Well, the two women who were raped and sexually assaulted certainly think so.

Who's going to believe that guy over the word of two separate women?

Two women who accused Julian Assange of rape and sexual assault are "relieved" by a London court ruling Wednesday ordering the WikiLeaks founder's extradition to Sweden for questioning, their lawyer said.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/NEWS/tabid...by-ruling.aspx

He told them he wanted to show them the iTunes backdoor....
  • Reply 62 of 104
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paxman View Post

I think he is probably 16. Either way the dude is out of control.

He said he's still in school in another thread- whether it be college or high school, it doesn't matter, because all kids are idiots.

Oh to be 18 again... When I knew everything about everything. I've gotten dumber and my dad has gotten smarter as I've aged.
  • Reply 63 of 104
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Well, there are similarities between adolescent political passion and old aged fearful ranting. Each will spew forth nonsense (usually alarmist paranoia), arms flailing, whilst provoking nothing more than a shrug and head shake.

All I can say is, if anybody finds what I write or contribute to this forum to be a waste of time, then they are more than welcome to put me on ignore and that should solve their problems.

I'm not going to change who I am, so people whining about me are going to find out that it is an exercise in futility.
  • Reply 64 of 104
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

He said he's still in school in another thread- whether it be college or high school, it doesn't matter, because all kids are idiots.

Wrong. You are either mistaken or you are lying.

I have never revealed my age on this forum and I find it quite amusing to see people speculate.
  • Reply 65 of 104
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:

Wrong. You are either mistaken or you are lying.

I have never revealed my age on this forum and I find it quite amusing to see people speculate.

I must've been mistaken. I though I saw you say something about a professor of yours, but I guess not.

I would think if I were you, I'd reflect in the mirror that people think you're childish. I, like you most likely, don't take a ton of stock on what others think- but if everyone thinks you act immature, maybe you do, and that's something you'd want to change. But of course- if you are immature, then you don't care at all about others opinions.
  • Reply 66 of 104
    isaidsoisaidso Posts: 750member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rugby_kid View Post

Kind of harsh words for a fellow human being, don't ya think?

Dude, you're responding to a militant fascist. Give it up.
  • Reply 67 of 104
    The assaults on each other's character stops now, I think. Back to what's left of the story.
  • Reply 68 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The assaults on each other's character stops now, I think. Back to what's left of the story.

Lol, the "I think" made me lol.
  • Reply 69 of 104
    The amount of idiocy and sheer misinformed hatred against assange is staggering...
  • Reply 70 of 104
    Assange is a fantasist. He had claimed he was going to release all this information that would take down a US bank and the deadline for that came and went without a single bit of proof. He talks garbage and until he can show the proof of what he claims, he should be regarded as little more than a crackpot.
  • Reply 71 of 104
    steven n.steven n. Posts: 1,229member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 8CoreWhore View Post

Assange discloses govt crimes and the conversation falls to

bogus sex claims.

He's a hero. And people are too stupid and brainwashed and frightened to see it. Especially my fellow Americans.

He is an individual with a seriously misplace Messiah Complex. The sad thing is, it seams, some of my fellow Americans are too blinded into worthless paranoia by conspiracy theories to see it.
  • Reply 72 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tinman0 View Post

You just proved my point. If it was something as simple as that, and if it was consensual, you'd think he'd want his day in court to clear his name. I know I certainly would.

But instead he hides behind the legal system of my country, doing everything in his power to evade the Swedish authorities.

The truth is I never heard of this guy before today's article. He could be a total bad guy. I don't know. I thought I read that this Swedish version of the rape charge was based on not using a condom and he was cleared of what we would actually consider rape because the sex was consensual. As to the "clear his name," maybe he feels he'd never get a fair trial from a court that would bring such a charge. I know I would not want to face a court such as that, and if I had lots of money I probably would fly the coup too. The real story is in the OBJECTIVE facts.
  • Reply 73 of 104
    So we can track where Julian is in his cell?
  • Reply 74 of 104
    Quote:

I am a highly evolved human being, though certain people who have not yet reached that level of maturity sometimes do take offense to people who dare to think differently and people who are not afraid of telling it like it is.

You could be an idealistic young adult. We all were that way once too. So we know how that defies diplomacy and self-control in dealing with others. Having the security of the Internet forum makes the lack of constraint in what one would say worse. If so, you will conform soon enough. Probably when you are charged with bring up the next generation.

Then again you could be several 16 year-olds having a good laugh. If so, It is working judging by the responses.

In any respect, I wouldn't consider myself highly evolved with such trash spewing out of my mouth.
  • Reply 75 of 104
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Assange makes it sound like iTunes is just sending the contents of your computer to some hidden government base.

it's not.

The flaw was merely that iTunes had no system of checking the source of a software update as legit and thus agencies could use it a trojan cover to get someone they wanted to monitor to install software that gave them a back door into the computer in question. Social engineering at its finest and stoppable 9 times out of 10 with some common sense. Like if you get a pop up that says that there's a new update for anything and you didn't just turn it on or hit "check for updates" or at least have it running in the background, be suspect. Whether it's iTunes, Flash or something else

And according to reports, Apple fixed this weeks ago
  • Reply 76 of 104
    londorlondor Posts: 258member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EmperorsNewClothes View Post

Assange is a fantasist. He had claimed he was going to release all this information that would take down a US bank and the deadline for that came and went without a single bit of proof. He talks garbage and until he can show the proof of what he claims, he should be regarded as little more than a crackpot.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...77L55P20110822
  • Reply 77 of 104
    Quote:

I'd +1 this but the government would find out.
  • Reply 78 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ljocampo View Post

I thought I read that this Swedish version of the rape charge was based on not using a condom and he was cleared of what we would actually consider rape because the sex was consensual.

You are essentially correct. Rape, like Murder, is a very specific legal term and in that sense, no he did not rape those women.

That said, in Sweden if you have sex with a woman and you don't tell her that you aren't using a condom that's still considered sexual assault. A lot of this case is he said, they said. He said he told them he didn't have any condoms and they were basically "whatever lets do this" and they came he never said a word. But neither is likely to be able to prove their side. Unless the punishment for this level of crime is life in jail or your penis being removed, most men would go and state their side with a very sincere "I thought she understood, it seems she didn't and for that I am sorry. I'm happy to pay if she wants to be tested for any STDs etc" and take the probation, the getting kicked out of the country or whatever. But Mr Assange likes to make himself into a martyr so it is no shock he's doing things this way
  • Reply 79 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brian g View Post

I'd +1 this but the government would find out.

they knew before you even typed it (those weren't aliens that anal probed you)
  • Reply 80 of 104
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member
    Quote:

Well, the two women who were raped and sexually assaulted certainly think so.

Who's going to believe that guy over the word of two separate women?

Two women who accused Julian Assange of rape and sexual assault are "relieved" by a London court ruling Wednesday ordering the WikiLeaks founder's extradition to Sweden for questioning, their lawyer said.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/NEWS/tabid...by-ruling.aspx

Have you not read recent new stories of people taking advantage of publicity and blackmailing folks for money?

Mr. Cain, Justin Bieber, the head of IMF and now Julian.

He is innocent until proven guilty. And that hasnt taken place.

Dont try to undermine his credibility and act like the sheep you are.

He brings to the table important issues that needs to be addressed.