Google exec expects 'majority' of TVs to have Google TV in 2012

Comments

• Reply 21 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

Hmmm.... When says, the majority ?in stores,? does he means the TVs left sitting in stores because nobody is taking them home?

Yes. He means the models that get marked down until they're moved to a Goodwill or a landfill.
  • Reply 22 of 159
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member

Thank you kindly.
  • Reply 23 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Thank you kindly.

Those numbers are interesting. I wonder what the break down is per manufacturer?

If Google happen to get Samsung, Panasonic, Sony and LG (all Android partners) on board I wouldn't be surprised if they make this estimate a reality.
  • Reply 24 of 159
    Got hubris ... ?
  • Reply 25 of 159
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,226member
    Is that what you say when your TV is frozen or spontaneously reboots: it's running Android?
  • Reply 26 of 159
    tundraboytundraboy Posts: 1,908member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zeejay21 View Post

. . .

After predicting more devs will choose Android, Schmidt predicts "Google TV platform will be embedded on the "majority" of televisions in stores by next summer"?!

'In stores' is different from 'in homes'. There's this small but critical matter of 'sell through'. Just ask Motorola, or Samsung, or HP, or RIM.
  • Reply 27 of 159
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Reliable industry sources have indicated that the Google TV will include a unique feature that no other TV currently has.

In order to keep costs down and to make the TV affordable for everybody, and especially because of the fact that their customer base would never know the difference, it has been determined that the Google TV will only operate at 10 FPS.

Michael Johnson, the proud owner of an Android phone was quoted by Reuters as saying "Anything over 10 FPS is a waste of frames. People say that my Android phone lags, but I can't tell the difference. There is no need to be wasting precious frames when watching my vast bestiality collection on my 42" Google TV."

The Google TV will also include 37% more advertising than is currently found on any major TV network. Stay tuned for these TV's to drop in Q2 2012. The TV's will also come with 2 free Android phones when you purchase one.
  • Reply 28 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

Is that what you say when your TV is frozen or spontaneously reboots: it's running Android?

And if you root your GoogleTV, you can pirate TV shows for free.
  • Reply 29 of 159
    Isn't Google the company who launched their set-top boxes without any sort of licensing deals with content companies?

Are they working on that particular problem?

I'd hate to buy a new TV with "Google Inside" and have it blocked from most Internet content...
  • Reply 30 of 159
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,023member
    Schmidt almost has Obama beat in the narcissism category
  • Reply 31 of 159
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member
    The only way the TV industry will change in any significant way is if Apple launches a "Jesus" TV that obliterates the market.
  • Reply 32 of 159
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Having experienced google tv I think that when upgrading my TV it would be the one thing I would NOT want thank you very much.
  • Reply 33 of 159
    simtubsimtub Posts: 277member
    "Google's Schmidt predicts developers will prioritize Android over iOS in 6 months"

"Google Chairman Eric Schmidt has claimed that company's Google TV platform will be embedded on the "majority" of televisions in stores by next summer."

delusional...
  • Reply 34 of 159
    Well, since Google's set top boxes did so well, I can see why they think they would also dominate the 'Smart TV' market.

/s
  • Reply 35 of 159
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,822member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

It's not hard to imagine most TV's being "Smart TV's" by the end of 2012.

I've got no doubt Microsoft will offer a better user experience. That's kind of beside the point though, this is about what comes built-in with your TV. So it's more Google TV vs each TV's manufacturers Smart TV platform than Google TV vs Xbox.

It is mathematically impossible for most TVs to be smart by the end of 2012! The sales would have to exceed all TVs in existence already that are not smart.
  • Reply 36 of 159
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,822member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadbag View Post

Schmidt almost has Obama beat in the narcissism category

Enough with your own view of politics in an Apple blog please!
  • Reply 37 of 159
    then I would rather take a simple feature phone than buying an Android.

And I would rather buy a dumb TV than buying an Android/Google equipped TV.

By NO MEANS would I operate any device which is carrying that gigantic spyware & malware software.

If Apple wouldn't be anymore, I'd rather go back to 'analog' if that'd be the only option left.
  • Reply 38 of 159
    Google is making a bold statement, considering Google failed miserable last try and we Apple fans are waiting for Apple's solution first!!!
  • Reply 39 of 159
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,927member
    what google doesn't say is that these new Google TVs have an embedded camera in it so they can record everything you do and sell that information to their real customers--advertisers. It's a feature!
  • Reply 40 of 159
    I have never owned a tv and never will.

On a separate note. I'm so over this crap, the thought that everything is so worthless that it needs to be plastered with spyware and spam just so people will use it is horrid and distorts what is manufactured through that lens.

I have no idea why there are laws against unsolicited spam and data theft yet you can have a public listed multi national where that is its whole business model.

Perhaps the next uber company will succeed by selling CE products with free drugs to it's hapless consumers. Or you just sign your ass up to be on call for use by auction to the lowest bidder and get a free phone.

"man this is the best phone and tv ever, cost me nothing plus free calls, music, videos, games"

"yeah but you get ass raped by strangers"

"nah man, I don't even notice cause I'm too busy shoving my brain full of free shit, I can't believe people would pay for things, they are stupid sheep"

"yeah but yer ass..."

"I never used it for much anyway and it is not like I see the person doing me cause I signed up for the free laptop plus glory hole gold class option, 20mins a week"

Our society is on a dark path