US NOAA ditches BlackBerry, chooses Apple's iPhone and iPad

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 82
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Considering you won't see what I see and vice versa and we both react differently to damn near diametrically opposed stimuli makes this discussion moot.

You will see what you see and I will see what I see and mostly those things will support our points.

What I do know is that Android centric sites do not have numerous articles about Apple/iOS nor do they have commenters on these articles call Apple uses Sheeple, etc on a regular basis, random as hell and unprovoked.

General tech sites do contain a lot of Slappyesque people, I'll give you that one, but when it comes to platform centric sites it's not even close.

OK but look at what you're describing: general tech sites filled with Apple hatred, platform specific sites that ignore Apple (not entirely true but for the sake of argument) but equally are ignored by Apple users, and a site like this, where there's a steady inflow of Apple haters looking for a fight.

So my choices are what? If I'm an Android enthusiast I can take my pick of sites where I can discuss the ins and outs of my platform among other interested users, and guess what? I don't have to put up with sneering Apple fan boys who have registered just to remind what a loser I am for not sharing their taste in hardware.

Not so for Apple folk-- it simply can't be allowed. Where such people congregate there must be a continuous background blare of fucking obnoxious bullshit. But wait, it gets better! The constant exposure to said bullshit makes some Apple folk a bit defensive, perhaps quick to react. So then we can get an extra layer of "reasonable" types who claim no particular allegiance to any particular platform, but never tire of pointing out how thin-skinned and clannish these poor Apple fanatics are.

You know those Android sites you mentioned, the ones where they don't speak ill of Apple because why should they care? Imagine what would happen if a bunch of Apple users registered and kept up a constant drumbeat of "Have fun with your fragmented, stolen platform LOL!" They would lose their shit. They would ban their asses, straight up.
  • Reply 82 of 82
    Cool!