Apple to hold March 7 iPad event in San Francisco

Comments

• Reply 201 of 230
    Interesting the invite includes the Maps icon on the dock...

Apple pending patents on rethinking maps..

Multiple maps related acquisitions...

interesting..
  • Reply 202 of 230
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by male82uk View Post

From the looks o the picture and the text, could this not be the rumoured apple tv with a touch screen and iOS system etc? Rotate the image and see the size of the icon in relation to the finger. The icon looks bigger than on an iPad unless the finger is tiny!!

Just an exciting thought

Keep smokin'
  • Reply 203 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markbyrn View Post

Sell iPad 2 plus tax refund = iPad 3 and profit.

tax return.

hmm.

how nice of you to give an interest free loan to the US government

how's that profit?
  • Reply 204 of 230
    I don't really want the new gigabit wifi antena being in the iPad 3. (which it won't) but my pie in the sky I will love to see on ipad 3 is this;

http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...?taxonomyId=12

In the second page he talks about apple pattents in the field... (wont happen but I had to post a dream feature)
  • Reply 205 of 230
    misamisa Posts: 827member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

There goes the credibility of CBNC. Bye Bye!!

CNBC never had any credibility on Apple, nobody does really. When Apple hit 400 and then dove down to 360 they were proclaiming that Apple hit the law of large numbers and it was all over, when that had nothing to do with it (All stocks were moving up and down in sync on greece/euro news, it just so happened that the business analysts didn't anticipate people waiting for the iPhone 4s, so their estimates got thrown out of whack for that quarter.)

All you have to do is watch the twitter spam on any day to see people waiting for the stock to nosedive. Apple isn't netflix, amazon or google. It has more in common with luxury brands than electronics. The only time Apple was even slightly affected by disruptions in the supply chain was with the Thailand flooding, and Apple is perfectly capable of absorbing those costs where as HP, Dell, etc aren't because they have such thin margins.
  • Reply 206 of 230
    Actually WSJ and All Things D do always make the right calls on apple...
  • Reply 207 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShAdOwXPR View Post

Actually WSJ and All Things D do always make the right calls on apple...

? "Always"?
  • Reply 208 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hexx View Post

to me it looks like completely new device, notice:

- size of the bezel

- size of icons

- size of fingers

- no aluminium around the bezel, something black instead

put your fingers on your iPad close to app icon and you will see

Yeah, the resolution of the screen, the bevel, the edges, etc. Pure s3x.
  • Reply 209 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Looks just like an iPad 2 to me*.

*Said as someone who does not own, but has had experience with, an iPad 2.

There's definitely something different to it, even if subtle. There will be a slight variation in form factor. What exactly, we'll have to see. In any case the desire, insanity and scalping will be unprecedented in terms of non-phone gadgetry.
  • Reply 210 of 230
    alfiejralfiejr Posts: 1,524member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alphajack7 View Post

60% chance of rain the day of the event.

not this winter. maybe 15%.
  • Reply 211 of 230
    I don't care it looks the same as the iPad 2 it's a great design. The same with iPhone 4s using the iPhone 4 design is beautiful. What matters after that it's what is inside...
  • Reply 212 of 230
    Quote:

We've got something you really have to see. And touch.

I'm pulling for this to be references to two different products - a television & iPad3.
  • Reply 213 of 230
    Im waiting for the iPad 3, as I don't upgrade to the iPad 2 and hope the iPad 3 can give me much more surprises, not only 4-core ARM processor and it's better can play any AVI or WMA movies smoothly and then I need to do less convertings with iFunia media converter, just enjoy any movies on it on-the-go!

From the picture, seems it don't have Home button!?
  • Reply 214 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by despeck View Post

I'm pulling for this to be references to two different products - a television & iPad3.

Apple TV box v.3(HD maybe even cheaper) and iPad 3
  • Reply 215 of 230
    What do you think the chances of iTunes LP finally being available on iPad are? Minimum iTunes LP requirements are 1280x800, so the resolution of the iPad will now more than meet that.

I for one would love to see this happen.
  • Reply 216 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Woodlink View Post

tax return.

hmm.

how nice of you to give an interest free loan to the US government

how's that profit?

Well he could be including the sale of his iPad as the "profit" but either way, I'm pretty sure he just means he will have money left over.
  • Reply 217 of 230
    timbittimbit Posts: 331member
    What about tactile response? Maybe that's what the "touch" part is about. It would be Apple ingenuity to bring out something new.
  • Reply 218 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Timbit View Post

What about tactile response? Maybe that's what the "touch" part is about. It would be Apple ingenuity to bring out something new.

How's that even possible? It's glass we're talking about here.
  • Reply 219 of 230
    It's blatantly obvious what's going on here. "We have something you really have to see. And touch"

Don't get thrown off by the period and starting a new sentence with "And". Its really the same sentence. They are saying you HAVE to see (retina screen) and (have to) touch. The home button is gone therefore you have to touch (not press, meaning no more home button.)
  • Reply 220 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple Inside Her View Post

It's blatantly obvious what's going on here.

Yeah, Apple is using the same sentence structure that they have used for every product they make for the past five years. There's literally absolutely nothing to read into this.