Next-gen iPhone rumored to arrive in fall 2012 with LTE 4G, 3.5-inch screen

14567810»

Comments

• Reply 181 of 181
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jason98 View Post

Still hope that Apple will come up with some magic as they did with every prior release.

Otherwise what would be the "magic" feature of the next iPhone? I do not think LTE alone can be considered as one nowadays.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

We'll see. I liked some of the "iPhone 5" concepts. I think somewhere up to 4" screen and slightly increased length and width is reasonable, beyond that, people increasingly lose out on other human factors considerations, notably, single handed operation and pocketability.

All this talk of how Apple must increase the display size takes away from what I think is more compelling; what will be in the 6th gen iPhone?

Double the storage? I don't think so. Leave that for 2013 after the iPad gets it.

LTE? I think so, and using the 28nm lithography of the MDM9615. That means no need to have a huge phone for LTE and good battery life.

Cortex-A15 based systems? I think so. The time seems right.

Better GPU? Perhaps not drastically because it won't be until next year that Img Tech is ready. I also don't see a need for more cores.

Newer battery tech? I don't see any evidence of that.

Higher pixel camera? It's been a trend but is it really necessary? Better optics all around.

New case design? I think so. 2 years with the same design seems to make sense.

Better display? Not higher resolution but better display seems likely.

Better mics and speakers? I hope so.

NFC? This is probably the only place I think Apple could show everyone how it should be done.