Samsung says it wasn't involved with 'Wake Up' Apple Store flashmob

Comments

• Reply 21 of 63

How original. A marketing company that would do anything to get attention. I'd say they've succeeded in their objective-

"An ideas agency with a digital backbone.

When an idea hits a cultural nerve it causes an immediate and almost explosive reaction. People will talk about your brand, make it their own and even protest for it.

Day in, day out, we strive to find the best possible ways to solve our clients’ problems. It could be a digital idea, a TV ad, a launch event, an online film, a PR stunt or a well orchestrated combination of all the above. To be honest, it may be something we can’t even imagine yet."

• Reply 22 of 63
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member

Quote:

Samsung did, however, suggest that iPhone users are mindless "sheep"...

Samsung posted a "Missing Persons" ad stating:

'Help!  Looking for lost mindless sheep.  Last seen spending money at Apple store on their cool innovative products.  Please come back to Samsung immediately so you can be our mindless sheep buying our knock-offs!'

Is there a Reward?  Only if you stay with your Apple products.  Oh Samsung you make me... image

/

/

/

• Reply 23 of 63
    poochpooch Posts: 768member

samsung isn't denigrating me because i'm a sheep; they're just pissed that i'm not a sheep in *their* flock ...

edit:  or, what Rot'nApple said before me :-)

• Reply 24 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadGoat View Post

It's funny... they call us sheep, but they're sheep themselves. We're all sheep/fanboys of what we love.

All sheep/fanboys are just as pathetic on both sides of the fence. Personally I just buy want I works for me the best.

• Reply 25 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

To whom do we make the apology?

Dear Samsung,

I apologise.

Now come and take away your junk that litters my garage, the fridge that doesn't work, the home theatre system that doesn't work, the washing machine that doesn't work.

Once again please accept my humblest apologies, I prostrate myself at the feet of your greatness.

PS now that that's behind us, care to celebrate over a bowl of dog stew?.

Are you happy now, stelligent?

Did you also get rid of your Apple products that contain Samsung components?

• Reply 26 of 63

"Samsung Electronics Australia has nothing to do with..."

I'm suspicious of that (and the specificity of that statement). This seems quite like their recent advertising campaign, but it takes some balls to come out and say you had nothing to do with it when there's a good chance it will be traced back to you if you did. Some kind of entity was behind this. Quite coordinated. Some money changed hands.

• Reply 27 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

Did you also get rid of your Apple products that contain Samsung components?

Apparently not, as they were made by a different Samsung company.

Lesson for today: Know your Samsungs as well as you know your Proviews.

• Reply 28 of 63
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

How original. A marketing company that would do anything to get attention. I'd say they've succeeded in their objective-

"An ideas agency with a digital backbone.

I still think New Dialogue Pty Limited has something to do with it because the countdown website is registered to them.

• Reply 29 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xian Zhu Xuande View Post

"Samsung Electronics Australia has nothing to do with..."

I'm suspicious of that (and the specificity of that statement). This seems quite like their recent advertising campaign, but it takes some balls to come out and say you had nothing to do with it when there's a good chance it will be traced back to you if you did. Some kind of entity was behind this. Quite coordinated. Some money changed hands.

THINK about it! Who's Logo was ALWAYS in the photos? That's who's behind this!

HINT: The bus full of people carrying the second set of signs reading, "And Think Different" broke down on the way to the Apple store.

• Reply 30 of 63
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

THINK about it! Who's Logo was ALWAYS in the photos? That's who's behind this!

HINT: The bus full of people carrying the second set of signs reading, "And Think Different" broke down on the way to the Apple store.

Why would anyone advertise to their own store? Why would Apple do an idiotic stunt like this, anyway?

• Reply 31 of 63
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,386member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHD View Post

Poor fb's, can't handle the fact that people other than Samsung think they are sheep LOL.

Are you for real? Who are these 'people other than Samsung'? Is this a random group of everyday people who got together and decided to wear those outtfits, make those signs, buy those black vans, and pull this stunt, because they truly believe, in their heart of hearts, that people buying Apple products are 'sheep'? No, they were hired by some entity for a certain purpose, and would have carried whatever the hell signs they were given and yelled whatever they were asked to yell. They no doubt believed whatever they were doing was ridiculous themselves, but thats irrelevant, its a gig they were hired to do. 

Nobody thinks people who buy Apple products are 'sheep' except angry nerds living in their mother's basements who post on messageboards evangelizing their 'other' device of choice because it makes them believe they're independantly minded, and gives meaning to their otherwise pathetic lives. In the real world, people buy whatever the hell they want and noone gives a shit what phone you have. Also, when you have products selling 40+million in a quarter, I think it's safe to say that it's more than 'fanboys' buying your stuff, and more like the mainstream. Also, it's funny that you accuse them of being both fanboys and sheep at the same time, which is an inherent contradiction. A fanboy by essence is someone who is ultra-passionate about the product/company, while a sheep has no passion and simply does what everyone around them does. It's one or the other, but in your haste to troll logic isn't really all that important. 

• Reply 32 of 63
    macinthe408macinthe408 Posts: 1,050member

I really think Samsung would server its own interests a lot better if they contrasted and compared features between phones instead of indiscriminately labeling iPhone users idiots.

If they day comes that I stop using an iPhone (due to my company or economics or geography), a Samsung would not be my next phone. Samsung would have my business if they highlighted how their widget is better than Apple's widget.

Corporate version of a whining little bitch whose ass on the playground gets kicked. 

• Reply 33 of 63
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,386member

Quote:

Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

I really think Samsung would server its own interests a lot better if they contrasted and compared features between phones instead of indiscriminately labeling iPhone users idiots.

If they day comes that I stop using an iPhone (due to my company or economics or geography), a Samsung would not be my next phone. Samsung would have my business if they highlighted how their widget is better than Apple's widget.

Corporate version of a whining little bitch whose ass on the playground gets kicked. 

Precisely. The GSIII trailer got me hyped until the last part, which made me lose all interest. 

• Reply 34 of 63

Dude, some people that post here really need that 15 mins of fame even if it's just on a website. It's pathetic and totally not worth it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Are you for real? Who are these 'people other than Samsung'? Is this a random group of everyday people who got together and decided to wear those outtfits, make those signs, buy those black vans, and pull this stunt, because they truly believe, in their heart of hearts, that people buying Apple products are 'sheep'? No, they were hired by some entity for a certain purpose, and would have carried whatever the hell signs they were given and yelled whatever they were asked to yell. They no doubt believed whatever they were doing was ridiculous themselves, but thats irrelevant, its a gig they were hired to do. 

Nobody thinks people who buy Apple products are 'sheep' except angry nerds living in their mother's basements who post on messageboards evangelizing their 'other' device of choice because it makes them believe they're independantly minded, and gives meaning to their otherwise pathetic lives. In the real world, people buy whatever the hell they want and noone gives a shit what phone you have. Also, when you have products selling 40+million in a quarter, I think it's safe to say that it's more than 'fanboys' buying your stuff, and more like the mainstream. Also, it's funny that you accuse them of being both fanboys and sheep at the same time, which is an inherent contradiction. A fanboy by essence is someone who is ultra-passionate about the product/company, while a sheep has no passion and simply does what everyone around them does. It's one or the other, but in your haste to troll logic isn't really all that important. 

• Reply 35 of 63
    Samsung: "It wasn't us. We swear!"
    Everbody else: "{COUGHS}Bullsh*t!{COUGHS}"
  • Reply 36 of 63
    mhdmhd Posts: 63member

Fb's are truly a special breed LOL.

• Reply 37 of 63
    mhdmhd Posts: 63member

Quote:

Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

This is exactly what is going to happen when wannabe Apple tries to enter the TV market.

• Reply 38 of 63
    ljocampoljocampo Posts: 657member

Quote:

Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

Now will all those who blasted Samsung for this heinous act apologize or at least retract their hateful statements?

Umm no no apology here. If you believe Samsung's statement, I know a bridge for sale in Brooklyn NY Doesn't Samsung say they didn't copy the iPhone? 

• Reply 39 of 63
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member

What total bullshit! Samsung was absolutely behind it. And why is the ignorant press calling this a "flash mob". It WAS NOT A FLASH MOB. It was a publicity stunt with paid "actors" and has nothing to do with a flash mob so please quit showing your ignorance.

• Reply 40 of 63
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeRange View Post

What total bullshit! Samsung was absolutely behind it. And why is the ignorant press calling this a "flash mob". It WAS NOT A FLASH MOB. It was a publicity stunt with paid "actors" and has nothing to do with a flash mob so please quit showing your ignorance.

to the media I say:

thatword.jpeg