Apple says lack of multi-user support on iPad is a 'known issue,' 'being investigated'

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 68
    hkzhkz Posts: 190member

I'd really like to know why the Bug ID#'s were blacked out. Do you guys think you are so special that you can't share the # with us or are you trying to cover your ass so no one can verify you made this up? I'm thinking the latter.

• Reply 62 of 68
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKZ View Post

I'd really like to know why the Bug ID#'s were blacked out. Do you guys think you are so special that you can't share the # with us or are you trying to cover your ass so no one can verify you made this up? I'm thinking the latter.

Don't be an ass.   The bug IDs would positive identify someone sharing something under NDA.  Redacting the numbers protects the identity of the source with just enough uncertainty to prevent Apple from automatically disenrolling them.

• Reply 63 of 68
    firefly7475firefly7475 Posts: 1,502member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Or you can teach your kids not to take your iPad and to use the spare sitting around the house.

In reality, not everyone is going to have an extra iPad lying around. But even if they do, there are good reasons not to have unrestricted access. Do you really want your kids to have access to your work emails on your iPad?

So I assume you don't have kids? image

Trying to keep children away from an iPad is like protecting a juicy T-Bone from a starving lion.

The kids wouldn't have access to work email on a Windows RT tablet. Nor will they have access on the iPad once Apple implement accounts.

At the moment they do have access, which sucks.

• Reply 64 of 68
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    So I assume you don't have kids? :lol:

Trying to keep children away from an iPad is like protecting a juicy T-Bone from a starving lion.

The kids wouldn't have access to work email on a Windows RT tablet. Nor will they have access on the iPad once Apple implement accounts.

At the moment they do have access, which sucks.

Looks like your going to have to fork out a little cash so the kids get their own machines huh. ;) I bought each of my children a Samsung 8.9", only paid 500 for the pair. There not iPads but they enjoy them anyway and the best thing about it they stay away from my machines. My son has even started hacking his tablet, I'm so proud he was able to install a custom rom. He's now become a terminal jockey. I love unix/linux. I really wish Apple would open up iOS a little more, our children need to learn how computers work. What's going to happen 10 - 20 years from now when our children growing up in this iPad era. Sure they might be interested in writing apps but what about kernel development, device drivers, assembly, ect. I don't know, don't flame me I'm just speaking out loud.

We'll have to see, my children will know how to navigate a unix box, that I do know.
  • Reply 65 of 68
    hkzhkz Posts: 190member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiro View Post

Don't be an ass.   The bug IDs would positive identify someone sharing something under NDA.  Redacting the numbers protects the identity of the source with just enough uncertainty to prevent Apple from automatically disenrolling them.

There's nothing to this though, it's a standard form. Under NDA huh? You mean where they can't tell people what this is? If it's so secretive then why are they spilling the beans on what the bug is without showing the proof? Hint. It's a bunch of bullshit. That's why.

• Reply 66 of 68
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKZ View Post

There's nothing to this though, it's a standard form. Under NDA huh? You mean where they can't tell people what this is? If it's so secretive then why are they spilling the beans on what the bug is without showing the proof? Hint. It's a bunch of bullshit. That's why.

Still acting the ass I see.   I'll let the rest of the community handle your inability to grok something so simple, I can see educating you just isn't worth it.

• Reply 67 of 68

This is all about the additional sale lost by allowing multiple user accounts.  Apple has made this decision since day one.  The only upside is the 'person' who gets the ipad has no worries about someone else messing it up.

TabletCoder

• Reply 68 of 68
    tereseterese Posts: 1member

The ipad has this functionality already people - In the app PrintnShare Pro ; and thats multiuser access for emails , files, web pages etc