ITC judge invokes 'Cheech and Chong' test in Apple-Samsung case

Comments

• Reply 41 of 92
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

…I do feel TS is a bit too much of an activist, rather than being an impartial "moderator."

Am I supposed to like Apple less after having become a moderator on an Apple forum? image

• Reply 42 of 92
    el bandel band Posts: 7member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It's fun banning liars. Goes full circle, I guess. image

I misspoke one time about how many years Samsung has been in the smartphone business. Show me a "lie" that I wrote with any of those screen names which prompted you to ban my IP. If you cannot, that would make YOU the liar.
  • Reply 43 of 92
    wisdomseedwisdomseed Posts: 141member

Wow, that was one of my favorite Cheech and Chong sketches, I beleive (and I'm pulling from my drug addled memory) it was called Chekborneck, of the album Los Cochinos, famous for Sargent Stadanko, Basketball Jones, The Evelyn Woodhead Speed Reading Course and the Peter Rooter commercial (as well the Drive-In Shit where they saw the trailer for 'Buggery on the High Seas 'Fifty lashes! You ought to give him a hundred for what he did to me!) Good times, people good times...

• Reply 44 of 92
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    el band wrote: »
    The censorship on this board is worse than communist China.

This is why you can't have nice things.
  • Reply 45 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Band View Post

LOL Apple really does have rights to everything either square or rectangular.

Yeah, they definitely were obligated to make it with identical dimensions–exactly 7.6 inches square.

• Reply 46 of 92
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member

Quote:

Originally Posted by katastroff View Post

of course.

Quote:

To add to that, since this seems to be a thread astonishingly free of anti-Apple trolls,

Guys do you know what makes those image comparisons biased? You're not even trying to look for similar or recent designs that preceded the iphone. At least whoever made them didn't try. Many of those preceded the initial iphone by 10 years or more. Some of them are closer to the Newton era. Note the old school nokias with protruding antennae and pre- Windows CE slabs (wasn't it called pen point?).

• Reply 47 of 92
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    hmm wrote: »
    Guys do you know what makes those image comparisons biased? You're not even trying to look for similar or recent designs that preceded the iphone. At least whoever made them didn't try. Many of those preceded the initial iphone by 10 years or more. Some of them are closer to the Newton era. Note the old school nokias with protruding antennae and pre- Windows CE slabs (wasn't it called pen point?).

• Reply 48 of 92

You know what would make this ITC case awesome? If Judge Pender brought in Cheech and Chong and had them test a fecal log.

• Reply 49 of 92
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member

Quote:

Am I supposed to like Apple less after having become a moderator on an Apple forum? 

Maybe wear a different hat* while moderating and use your old standard (without the "moderator" tag) for passionate comments.

*hat = member name

• Reply 50 of 92
    hjbhjb Posts: 278member

Well members, this copycat caims again.  Getting bored really, just like my IPad which became an expensive toy for my kids.

Why you bother this much?  Without Samsung, you probably would not have been enjoying some of your beloved products which is boring and way passed by competitors in every aspects.

IMO, calling Samsung 'copycat' was one of the most stupid things to say by SJ. 

• Reply 51 of 92
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Am I supposed to like Apple less after having become a moderator on an Apple forum? image

I don't talk to everyone here but everyone I talk to that has been here for years and years like me has said (and I totally agree) that you have gone way far off the deep end these last weeks.  Melgross (also a moderator) used to freak out on people and cross the line once in a blue moon (we are all human after all), but he would then usually step back apologise and move on.  It's pretty clear that you're ruing the board for everyone however and everyone can see it (except perhaps you).  

You showboat and bully people around, and you clearly don't deserve to be a moderator.  I really just don't understand it because you're obviously smart and funny etc. and a few weeks ago I would have said I agree with almost everything you post, but ... As Cheech and Chong would say .... "you've changed man."  

So while you're thinking of banning me (if you even take a moment to think at all) and deleting this post so no-one knows what you did ... you might want to just own up to it and apologise, or at least lighten up and turn back into the good natured person you used to be before whomever peed in your breakfast cereal or whatever happened to make you like this. 

You'll probably take this as a personal attack for some reason, but I'm serious.  I don't dislike you at all and most people here probably don't either, but you should really, seriously take a look in the mirror.  

• Reply 52 of 92
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    hill60 wrote: »
    Hey look it's a new Mac Mini:-

http://www.engadget.com/photos/samsung-chromebox-2012-review/#5051182

Samsung imitating, nah I just don't see it.

LOL

I think they need to add a sticker:

• Reply 53 of 92
    mercury99mercury99 Posts: 251member

February 2006

samsungpictureframe.jpg

April 2010

ipad.png

• Reply 54 of 92
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury99 View Post

February 2006

LL.jpeg

April 2010

LL.png

Got a shot of the 'interface' of your 'tablet'?

Although it's not the exact model, here's the back of this 'iPad look-a-like':

LL-1.jpeg

If anything, it demonstrates that Samsung could only stick a basic image viewer into that form factor at that time, whereas a few years later Apple stuck in a whole flippin' computer.

Here's what Samsung was putting out in tablet form just before the iPad came out. The Samsung Q1 Ultra:

samsung-q1-ultra-umpc.jpg

And the specs:

Weighing in at 690g and measuring 23.9mm thick, the Q1 Ultra features a 7-inch widescreen LCD which displays graphics at a resolution of 1024×600 pixels, a Qwerty keyboard in the form of a split thumb pad, a 60GB hard drive, 1GB system memory, improved battery life of 3.5 hours and Windows Vista operating system.

Loaded with awesome Vista-ry goodness.

Check out that sexy stylus!

Myth busted.

• Reply 55 of 92
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

I don't talk to everyone here but everyone I talk to that has been here for years and years like me has said (and I totally agree) that you have gone way far off the deep end these last weeks.  Melgross (also a moderator) used to freak out on people and cross the line once in a blue moon (we are all human after all), but he would then usually step back apologise and move on.  It's pretty clear that you're ruing the board for everyone however and everyone can see it (except perhaps you).  

You showboat and bully people around, and you clearly don't deserve to be a moderator.  I really just don't understand it because you're obviously smart and funny etc. and a few weeks ago I would have said I agree with almost everything you post, but ... As Cheech and Chong would say .... "you've changed man."  

So while you're thinking of banning me (if you even take a moment to think at all) and deleting this post so no-one knows what you did ... you might want to just own up to it and apologise, or at least lighten up and turn back into the good natured person you used to be before whomever peed in your breakfast cereal or whatever happened to make you like this. 

You'll probably take this as a personal attack for some reason, but I'm serious.  I don't dislike you at all and most people here probably don't either, but you should really, seriously take a look in the mirror.  

Gazoobee,

Everybody I know and talk to, including the guy who delivered our TV a couple of months ago, say that TS is an awesome guy who deserves a medal for self-restraint in not dealing with every single one of the attention-lacking, parent-love deficit fools that come here daily for their dose of personal worth.

Bugger.

It looks like my infinity friends cancel out your infinity friends.

Keep on moderating just the way you do, TS.

• Reply 56 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Hey look it's a new Mac Mini:-

http://www.engadget.com/photos/samsung-chromebox-2012-review/#5051182

Samsung imitating, nah I just don't see it.

LOL

Oh dear, saved with the colour and horrendous must-put ports they are really shite Samsung. I mean... I can't even say it. OKay anti-Apple troll might argue with the rectangular, height etc. but COME ON! SERIOUSLY? Billions of dollars of R&D and you come to that?
  • Reply 57 of 92
    macbook promacbook pro Posts: 1,605member

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Gazoobee,

Everybody I know and talk to, including the guy who delivered our TV a couple of months ago, say that TS is a awesome guy who deserves a medal for self-restraint in not dealing with every single one of the attention-lacking, parent-love deficit fools that come here daily for their dose of personal worth.

Bugger.

It looks like my infinity friends cancel out your infinity friends.

Keep on moderating just the way you do, TS.

"Keep on moderating just the way you do, TS."  Agreed.

I don't care to read posts by those who consistently post misinformation in order to distract from the discussion or denigrate Apple or Apple supporters.

• Reply 58 of 92
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

"Keep on moderating just the way you do, TS."  Agreed.

I don't care to read posts by those who consistently post misinformation in order to distract from the discussion or denigrate Apple or Apple supporters.

Hear, hear.

• Reply 59 of 92
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

denigrate Apple or Apple supporters.

Most of the denigration that occurs in this forum is leveled at those who say anything that suggests Apple might not be perfect in action, thought or deed.

• Reply 60 of 92
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    cnocbui wrote: »
    Most of the denigration that occurs in this forum is leveled at those who say anything that suggests Apple might not be perfect in action, thought or deed.

You mis-spelled "Most of the denigration that occurs in this forum is leveled at those who fabricate complete lies and spend countless hours spreading FUD".